VFX breakdowns

vimeo.com/182687595

Other urls found in this thread:

chevfx.com/current-projects.php#best_of_che_2013
vimeo.com/182687595
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wtf i hate Marvel now

chevfx.com/current-projects.php#best_of_che_2013

I tried to find the Vimeo link but I guess it was taken down. Here's my favorite direct from their website.

Click their "Best of 2013" video

WEEEEEEEEEE WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZ

I actually watched the Blu Ray commentary on this movie last night. Black Panther is essentially a CG double the entire movie because the VFX team "painted" over his armor to give it an otherwordly look that cant be achieved IRL. His armor is made out of Vibranium-the hardest substance in the MCU and yet has been molded into a black mesh armor thingy.

At least it looked real most of the time, but it's kinda disappointing. The real costume was still good though.

Spider-Man on the other hand never looks real.

>Spider-Man on the other hand never looks real.
Neither Iron Man. But at least Spidey has some logic behind, it, because Marvel/Sony were in the middle of negotiations, and many stuff was probably added at last minute or even re-shoot.

But IM? I mean they shoud use less money in car chase scenes and fake explosions and a bit more in IM suit, I mean IM already looks good during any IM or Avenger movie, why make it so fake during CW?

>and many stuff was probably added at last minute or even re-shoot.

Actually he got the same treatment as Panther. Tom Holland had a real suit, there was a Spidey suntman, and Holland even did mo-cap on set for Spidey's scenes. He just ended up being CG'd over when the movie got sent to VFX.

>they even CGI'd a bomb prop
fucking hell. how lazy can you get?

They CGI'd a snow vehicle and snow. How hard is to rent a snow vehicle and put some fake snow and a big ass fan in the set?

Who do you think you're fooling saying it ever didn't look real? CGI of inorganic, lifeless objects was perfected years ago. You're just embarrassing yourselves, even if you're not smart enough to realize it.

its crazy. I imagine a company exists that has 3D models of thousands of objects in stock just waiting to be used so its cheaper.
Yet for a $250m film, I'd expect less cgi for standard run of the mill stuff

What's the point when the CGI looks real? Are you stupid?

>CGI of inorganic, lifeless objects was perfected years ago.

And I was talking about Black Panther, retard

Wait so black panther was never real? Cgi is too crazy now. I thought that actor was a real person.

I think its very obvious in the fight scenes he is pure cgi, same as spiderman

Retouched
Brightness, contrast, metallic reflections, etc

Ugh, Nolan is shaking his head at this point.

get cucked marvelfags

even transformers has less cgi

>tfw seeing the "marvel themes are actually great" thread

The actor and suit were on set for filming but it all got "painted over" by a CG model. It's real amazing stuff.

To calrify: Yes the actor is real when he's there. The full Panther suit is CG.

Retouched in half of scenes, and pure CGI in half of others, specially chasing and fighting scenes. You can clearly see which ones are pure CGI, by the lack of natural movement.

>People still think this is not the BEST superhero suit in any movie to date

So this is why Marvel movies feel so bland and boring? They CG simple shit like a guy making a slightly fancy pose?
So dull. The lighting is boring and feels like a tv movies. That's why these flicks are so damn forgettable to me, even if I enjoyed it while watching the- they're gone from memory a few minutes later.

All that money and the Cap's shield looks like shit in every single shot.

>vimeo.com/182687595
holy shit.

WHY

why

why hwy hwy why whyb why

W
H
Y???

????
WHY!?

why what?

I HATE THIS MOVIE
SERIOUSLY
I watched it yesterday with my gf and I was starting blankly the whole time

I can't point out what was so wrong with it but she kept laughing at the stupid jokes and it made me mad

They have been keeping a high aesthetic standard since the first Captain America but I feel like the script is getting more and more primitive and pretentious with every cape movie.

Anyone can tell me what was it that was fundamentally wrong with the movie? The only thing I watched it for was Cap'/Winter Soldier bromance.

is your girlfriend a sock puppet, you fucking autist?

No, she just has a very low standard for entertainment media.

We thought Avatar looked real a couple of years back, now it looks like a video game.

You follow?

It's just lazy film making and it shows and feel cheap despite costing fucking millions. Watching a modern action movie feels more like a video game frostbite/unreal engine demo than a action movie.

CGI helps alot and without it, alot of things would be impossible to do, but now directors and producers use it as a crutch instead of a tool to enhance a scene or a movie, they base their whole movie around the tool.

And it wont hold up in 10 years.

Liking dccu is just a meme right?

Isn't it supposed to be vibranium weave aka technomagic Kevlar?

>Panther and Spider-Man costumes were full cgi
>Reynolds still gets shit over Green Lantern

how does Marvel get away with this shit?

A fucking CGI bomb? wtf

I know studios lowball effects companies to do slave labor, but at some point, how is it not more expensive to do all this mundane shit with CGI instead of real things? Is it somehow cheaper to incur the costs of having an actor wear a fake suit and filming 100 takes of stupid poses plus the cost of CGI for a costume for every single frame?

Shit like adding a fake background to the scene where they're entering the bunker is fine, but the rest of this shit is so damn lazy. Can't believe this movie costs so much fucking money.

>Literally whole shots are composited
Well that explains while this movie was so shit.