Salò

Thoughts on this?

Shitty film based on a shitty book for edgy faggots who think they're better than other edgy faggots.

utter trash

I thought it was cool, i didn't like the book that much though, or de Sade in general. The movie was fun to watch

Can you elaborate?

Garbage. Painful to watch, quite literally. Isn't so much shocking as it is perverse and nasty.

Is it worth watching? From what i've seen it just looks really lame without a real story.
I mean shock value isn't worth a movie, its only popcorn marketing. I found "A Servian Film" i.e. boring as fuck.

Well it's a film (and book) designed to "push the boundaries of human sexuality", when really all it boils down to is "hehehe, then he took his prick and jerked it in the 6 year old's face, look how devilish we are". It strains and desperately scrabbles for art from the perverse, and it just ends up juvenile.

I liked it for the very reason of it being that absurd, bad and annoying.

she was 10/10 desu

I see it more as a political anti-censorship shock-treatment statement, it's juvenile if you look at it as a pure shock-value flick

itt: plebs

it was brilliant and so was the writing of marquis de sade

As a fan of his work and reader of most of his works, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say his writing was brilliant.

So did she eat real poop? or was it just like chocolate.

De Sade uses so many ridiculous nicknames for penis, most of his work reads like 50 Shades of Grey. "This, my dear, is a prick"

What acts are in it? I never picked it up because it seemed like a collection of scat and unfun kind of bdsm. just "crossed" with no blood. + shit video quality

maybe I got a little carried away but his writing was definitely more than just "edgy xD"

>it's old therefore it's good
I really hope this meme will die soon.
You probably like Don Quixote.

watched this about 10 years ago when i was going through my "watch every pretentious film i can find" phase.

this has got to be one of the most meaningless awful wankfest films i've ever seen. don't even bother

Seeing this marks the important transition in my teenage taste from horror movies and gorey edgelord shit to actually being interested in film as an art form. Regardless of how good or not good you think it is, it will always remain special for me. top 10 material.

decent book, terrible film

Since Sup Forums seems to dislike it, it's now on my watch list.
This board is very good for movie recommendations if you do the exact opposite of what plebs suggest