I need help Sup Forums. My truck is not working and I am unable to get it to start at all...

I need help Sup Forums. My truck is not working and I am unable to get it to start at all. When it first stopped working the engine would click but not turn over. I had battery looked at and replaced. Still wouldn't start. I got a factory rebuildt starter, wouldn't even click. Replaced the solenoid, now no power gets to the starter at all. The second I turn the key to the start position I see the battery gauge drop and the black light on the radio's clock fade away. But then when I got the battery tested again they said it was perfectly fine. What's wrong? Pic not my car, but same model

Come on guys. I can't find any answers on those car forums. I'm so desperate I came for help here

You maybe have a short or the starter is messed up

/o/ might have a better idea

Try changing the battery, it might be to weak to start it. Recently saw a battery that tested good at the parts store be bad so idk. The battery leaked all over when I charged it, such a fucking mess.

Charging

I've already tried that. I also tried jumpstarting it with my tractor. Still nothing

Try a fresh battery. What year is it? You don't have any chip or brain in the engine, do you?

Gas, air, spark... vroom.

you should've tested your parts before assuming they were bad and replacing them.

due to the age of the vehicle you're probably suffering from a short to ground, likely from corroded or high resistance in the wires.

there are many places on youtube that demo how to find a short. i suggest looking there.

also you never said if you were the one replaceing the parts or not because electrical work gets expensive quite fast.

Check the starter connections and fuses. Could be a bad ignition switch.
it sounds like it's at the starter if it doesn't even click now.

also for gods sake make sure you have gas in the tank, 1-2-3 gallons isnt enough

>electronics not working
>hmm must be gas

You're not being helpful.

It could be shorted/burnt fuse. Check out the starter fuses and then check the gas pump fuse

First thing to check, find a socket that fits the bolt in the middle of the front crankshaft pulley, and make sure the motor still turns by hand. If it doesnt, there's not much point fixing the starter.

Do this!

That's what you get for buying a shitty, old truck.

Put some sugar in the rank. That will give it some pep.

This.

Put gas in it faggot

I didn't buy it. I inherited it. I need it to do work and shit like that and I'm not able to buy a new one due to finances

Quit being a cheap fuck and take it to a mechanic.

It's an F150, a ground is shot somewhere. Check the wires off the battery for tightness, check the hot wire on the starter and then go from there. Check your ground off the battery and double check that you've got the starter wired correctly.
You're pushing power when you're turning the key but it's not engaging the starter.

If you can't afford to get it fixed then you don't deserve to own it.

Also, go to /o/ for more indepth shit. It's circlejerking memes but they know their shit.

If the motor turns by hand then it's possible you have an electrical problem. Loose battery terminal, loose ground strap. Could even be something not put back together quite right when the starter was installed

This is a long shot but it could be...

I once got a rebuilt starter for an old Ford which used the "moveable pole shoe" design. The whole starter assembly is held together with two long bolts and it turned out that one of the bolts was bent just enough to ground the coil winding to the case. Straightened the bolt and away she went.

Did you look into the fuse box? Or the ignition switch? Perhaps a wire got rusty somewhere?

Check your alternator. It seems like that is your issue. When you go to turn the car on what sound does it make?

Ground cable

Starters stuck? Have someone try to crank it while someone else knocks the starter with a wrench a couple times. Works for me. Goto /o/ like said.

Does the radio and the instrument panel turn on when you put it into accessory or on (not start)?

Old Ford owner here. The negative wire from the battery goes under the engine, if your truck is close to the one in the pic. Same problem, fixed it by messing with the negative going into the engine on the bottom. Follow the black wire, jiggle it a bit, see what happens.