Is Forest Whitaker the best black actor?

is Forest Whitaker the best black actor?

There's something quite natural about his acting, compared to the overacting or forced dramatism that every other black actor makes. His approach is surprising even by american standards, it really seems that most actors there don't study anything about their craft at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=StbA2biFnpE
youtube.com/watch?v=8C716C8V9bQ
youtu.be/SqUlkb76Nr0
youtube.com/watch?v=JRU1SrdXEZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Denzel

WE

I agree. We don't see him in all the garbage coming out of Hollywood nowadays where Samuel L Jackson and Morgan Freeman.

He's going to be in the new Star Wars, m8

No that's Carl Weathers

he was terrible in battlefield earth

But excellent in Smoke and way of the samurai

Good points but is also true. There has to be something fundamentally wrong with anyone wanting to be a part of that travesty.

everything was terrible in battlefield earth, not an argument

Amazing in the shield

Sucks. At least we don't se him as much as the other niggs

SHITPOST ON A DAILY BASIS

Agreed, he plays one of the best characters of the shield.
>those eye twitches when he finds out he gets cucked by Mackey

PISSING!!

Yea he's untakable in The shield
Best fucking season

I cant take him seriously with whatever the fucks wrong with his eye. Completely removes him from a character.

he looks like an old apollo creed

nah. it adds to his character

Yes, to the point I almost have nothing to say. He's the greatest Black actor still working, possibly the greatest ever, and one of the American greats. That being said, I disagree that his style isn't American. I think the fundamental difference between American and European acting is how the actor integrates themselves. The American style has the actor themselves be a large component, sometimes to the point of just playing themselves, and what makes Whitaker so great is his absolutely natural, authentic humanity. I instantly care about any character he plays.

He does a lot of shit movies, Nic Cage does too

He is great in The Last King of Scotland

Was it autism?

Is this flickkino?

That title belongs to obama

Not him, but it's great.

He's a terrible actor, are you joking?

its good

"I am the best black actor. I have proof here" m.youtube.com/watch?v=StbA2biFnpE please give me feedback in the comments.what was good, what was bad? I need improvement

I agree. He is top 10 current male actors of any color. And whoncould have been a better Idi Amin?

>He is top 10 current male actors of any color.
This

i had a black friend who used ghostdog for all of his internet handles and owned a sword.

Why is the katana in shirasaya instead of proper fittings, and why does he wear it upside down?

daniel day lewis, russel crowe, leo, jaoquin phoneix, fassbender, chrstian bale, paul dano, gary oldman, geofrrey rush, jack nicholson, jeff bridges, sean penn, all are better than forest whitaker. and thats just off the top of my head. hes probably not even in the top 30 actors currently working.

>leo

Are you retarded?

Forest can't shine from a dutch angle.

underrated post

I've never liked him, and I know it's a stupid reason why, but it's the goddamn weird eye of his. Why doesn't he use his bajillions to get it fixed?

Denzel Washington will always be the best for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=8C716C8V9bQ

read
the
fucking
thread

We're just not going to address the elephant in the room then?

IT SMELLS

LIKE PISS

I mean what are going by? best performance or body of work?

Denzel has him beat with body of work but Whitaker takes it for best performance.

You mean Sidney Poitier?

I don't even consider him a good actor, he overacts, he was fucking terrible in the shield

he was awful in the wire though, his american accent is awful, his baltimore black guy accent is awful. maybe he's good in other things I don't know but he sounded nothing like someone from b-more

You mean original the BLACKED actor?

No mention of The Crying Game? For shame

Also: youtu.be/SqUlkb76Nr0
If this don't make the hair on the back of your neck stand up I don't know what will.

>boring action scenes (Whittaker just shoots everyone)
>retarded cartoon antagonists ("moooose!") that post no threat
>forced final confrontation (why did they even fight?)
>forced main character death to make it a tragic end (how did the bad guy actually stand a chance? dude no bullets lmao)
>the mafia girl was reading a book about samurai and Whittaker acts like she's a kindred spirit - why? nothing happens, she's just a weab
Thanks for memeing me into watching this movie, Sup Forums.

he was awesome in Blown Away

youtube.com/watch?v=JRU1SrdXEZc

I just like him.

Better in Crying Game.