Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it

>Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_Vader#Portrayals
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Luke, did I ever tell you that whenever I'm not holding any weapons you can still count on it that I am very much armed and I'm going to use lightning that comes out of my hands to kill you. I am a good friend

you realize the joke is it's supposed to be obi-wan talking right?

Ironic. Isn't it?

>the joke
>not getting it

it was a trick anyway since sheev had the high ground

Strike me down boy!

Yes, yes, well done emperor, HOWEVER....

>Jedi weapon
What did he mean by this?

>he still thinks the prequels are canon

This thread makes me want to play some Battlefront.

They are more canon than TFA

Only the OT is canon

>You realise 'he was a good friend ' is a meme and can be used with whatever character
user was a good friend

If it helps you sleep at night...
If OT is the only canon it should had been called Star Anti Piracy Operations or something like that, not Star Wars.

Only the Trioculus novels are canon.

Is that why Rebels spends half its time referencing the prequels and TCW?

If only OT is canon then Rebels wouldn't be relevant

>Rebels
>Relevant in any way
Daily reminder that our Boba Fett substitute is a stronk independent emo grill with scene-punk hair dye with literal pink Mando armor.

>playing worst battlefront
shameful

>lead character is named (((((Ezra)))))
>has a gigantic nose

>Still falling for that meme

I got bored of that one last decade.

Fun times were had tho

>watching cartoons

This

>Boba Fett substitute
>part of the crew, not a minor recurring antagonist

What did he mean by this?

>thinking he just helped his argument
wew lad

So basically Palpatine's plan was Luke would unleash his anger and attack Palpatine, Vader would defend him, Luke kills Vader, Palpatine would force lightning him and maybe do a speech like "You're no match for me now, but after some training in the dark side perhaps your anger can overcome me."

autism: the friend

Don't forget that he has a light-slingshot.

Honestly I think sheev would let Luke kill him. Then luke and Vader would fight. Either he kills Vader, or Vader beats him, like becomes apprentice, then gits gud and kills Vader later

I think the best piece of line and delivery in the entire thing, OT, the crap movies, the expanded friends™ universe, all of it, the best piece of dialogue from anything Star Wars, is this:

Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. Your friends, up there on the sanctuary moon, are walking into a trap, as is your Rebel fleet. It was /I/ who allowed the Alliance to know the location of the shield generator. It is quite safe from your pitiful little band. An entire legion of my best troops awaits them. Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

The cold precision and lyrical beauty of the first line. The glee in the delivery, the smug self-satisfaction of the closing sentence.

Why is that good for sheev if he's dead?

>Rebels

The fuck is that

What if Vader used that moment as an opportunity to take his masters place and let Luke strike him down?

Then he and Luke could rule the galaxy together and father and son.

Right, so when he fires a coin out of it he can retrieve it

He's gotta know he ain't gonna live forever. I think he'd want Luke to take his place over Vader at this point since Vader is too machine.

>TFA was bad meme

what is it about this movie that triggers Sup Forums's autism?

What doesn't trigger Sup Forums autism

More likely sheev wants immortality thru some sith ritual and the reason he pits vader againt luke is so he can have the strongest possible apprentice.

It has a black person and a woman do absolutely anything positive.

It was gone after 3 episodes.

He was clearly mocking Luke. Did you take what he said at face value? He even tells Luke he's defenseless which is a lie because lighting starts flying out his hands.

Why does everyone cum over Vader when Sheev is clealry the better villain? Even in TFA they all talk about Vader's legacy and shit but never once mention Sheev

>He was clearly mocking Luke
How is calling it a Jedi weapon mocking him? That's like if me and my black neighbor both owned the same kind of car and I mockingly called his a "nigger car" or something

>When the Disney shill hits

I didn't like it. There was no substance.

It was stupid how the bad guys could just fly around everywhere willy nilly.

I really like the emperor's portrayal in Jedi.

Personally I hate the OT but I have seen every Star Wars movie in the theater, at least once. I will probably continue to do so on general principles, with slightly less reluctance now since I didn't outright hate the recent installment.

As for Vader, it's a big bad black space samurai whose portrayal occasionally gives glimpses of humor. The costume was striking and original at the time, and the character has complexity which the OT does explore, although as I've said I hate them.

It is still true that Vader is THE central character of the films. Suddenly I find myself re-visiting an old question: how many people have portrayed Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader in a Star Wars movie? Include body doubles, CG actors etc.

David Prowse (the man in the costume is the first instance of the character that we experience in a movie, the dialogue comes moments later)
James Earl Jones
That one Humpty Dumpty guy from the end of Jedi
Jake Lloyd
Whatshisface from 2 & 3

>It was stupid how the bad guys could just fly around everywhere willy nilly.

what does this even mean

Sheev in RotJ is just Satan and a personification of Luke's temptation. He doesn't become his own character until the prequels, and even then he's only ironically good because Ian McDiarmid was hamming it up and didn't give a fuck

whoops, by the OT i meant to indicate the prequels. I speak of them so infrequently that I've got jargon confused.

also

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_Vader#Portrayals

Why was Sheev so awesome? Literally the only thing I find joy in while I watch those movies.

>How is calling it a Jedi weapon mocking him?
Because he thinks it's amusing that Luke considers himself a "Jedi". I thought that was very obvious. The entire time he's taunting Luke to break his will because he believes he will be his apprentice.

To modify your analogy, it would be like a 16 year just got his license and considered himself to be a real driver when you've been driving for almost 40 years.

Thats a question, if the galaxy is split down the middle between the new republic and imperial remnants, on which side was Jakku and yellow Yodas planet and why did neither side have any sort of presence? We only saw the splinter groups of both side.

I haven't seen RotJ in years, and I can still hear that delivery.

Sheev was the smuggest son of a bitch in the whole galaxy.

> A continuation of the Star Wars saga.

That's the best blurb they could come up with?

The autistic expanded universe wookiepedia answer is that the "Republic" is mostly a loose confederation of systems with only a few small peacekeeping fleet. The First Order is an Imperial Remnant that hid in the Uncharted Regions of the galaxy and only recently began spreading out into the galaxy again. The Rebel Alliance defeating the Empire didn't make everything sunshine and rainbows, the galaxy is still in a pretty shit and disconnected state after the fall of the Empire.

The real answer is that Star Wars isn't about politics so who cares you fucking nerd

agree senpai

its cause mcdiarmid was the only really high-level actor there

Serious question, how could you work in an interesting part for Sheev in the prequels if we already know what's gonna happen. I mean it was done pretty badly. He was fucking badass in the original trilogy.

>Don't point out the holes in the paper thin plot because it triggers my autism

Just don't make it obvious. Either keep him as Darth Sidius only, working in the shadows, or turn his "normal self" into someone more sneaky so that along the characters he can fool the (less intuitive) audience too. I'm thinking of something like Ducard/R'as Al Ghul in Begins. In Episode III they officially transformed him into the evil emperor as if we didn't know since ep I. It was a "shocking" reveal that wasn't actually a reveal. Although it's easy to guess Lucas just wanted to explain his appearance in the , as if the "evil old man in a robe" look needs a dedicated backstory

>anyone who disagrees is a shill

Except it's not a plot hole, you just have autism and want the intricate political relations of the fictional universe explained to you most likely because you're a prequelbabby/EUfag

I bet you unironically use terms like "world building" when you critique movies

Holy autism Batman. That sure triggered you.

>worlds in fantasy movies shouldnt make sense or have any sort of consistent logic.

>just turn off your brain bro!

I cant believe someone unironically thinks proper world building isnt a critique.

Stories aren't about documenting a fictional universe you nerd. It's about characters and theme and how the work's message influences your own life

It's why no one cares about the Simarillion compared to the hobbit or LotR

What if Luke... Did?

>A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense...NEVER attack. By the way, did I ever tell you about the time I used my lightsaber to mow down a bunch of soldiers who were in my way? They were good friends.

WOAH! ITS THE MEME POLICE! SORRY OFFICER!

He was defending himself

>Luke, did I ever tell you that your father had a statue of me in his slave hut? It was a good likeness

Did you miss the entire point of the prequels? The Jedi fucked up hard and were essentially used as tools by the bad guys. Yoda realized he doomed the Jedi and the Republic during the battle with Sidious. He attacked and they engaged in the Clone Wars when they were never suppose to do that. He tries to train Luke the right way. Did you not understand this?

I always liked

"Your over-confidence is your weakness"
"Your faith in your friends is yours"

Do they pay you by post or by hour?

> Star Anti Piracy Operations
>SAPO
>frog

PEPE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The scenes with the Emperor, Vader and Luke on the death star in RotJ are the highest point in all of Star Wars. Period.

>Take you Jedi weapon, and by that I mean it is a Jedi weapon insofar it is not the color red.

He's doing it right from a certain point of view.

Remix!

"Youve failed your highness, i am a jedi, like my father before me"

Then they turned anakin into an asshole. When i heard about the prequels, all i wanted was to see how anakin became vader. How did this paragon of peace and justice become a broken fusion of man and machine and become a cruel lord who enforces the evil will of a tyrant. Revenge of the sith should have had an older more disillusioned anakin(this would also make obiwans age in a new hope more appropriate) who questioned the jedi masters and pushed the boundaries of the order. Maybe his anger over takes him during a debate on the application of violence, he starts a saber duel with mace windu and kills him , gets expelled and swears vengeace. The emperor takes him in and convinces him to kill jedi. Finally yoda sends obiwan to go stop him, he succeeds with deft use of high ground, but its too late, order 66 is issued. Thousands of troops occupy the temple and kill the padawans while yoda escapes.

Ive never ranted about star wars till now, feels good to get it all out.

Because he was one of the few characters allowed to show emotion.

His emotion was pure joy

Why did Sheev fly in that game though
Spinning makes sense
Levitating is bullshit

Clone wars has a few of those.

Battlefront 3 has a much, MUCH better Sheev than Battlefront 2

I mean fuck you can LITERALLY do the Sheev spin

Force push + force speed = flight. Well it was in the cartoon clone wars anyway.

lol, ok. You dumb for an old fuck.

t. me

Good post definitely one of the most memorable scenes.

shameful senpai

you are a good friend

>Never forget, your focus determines your reality.