What do you think mac demarcos net worth is at?

what do you think mac demarcos net worth is at?

like 100k or less?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fhEwiblcm8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

$50

a pack of cigarettes and a guitar

Don’t kid yourself we made this kid a millionaire

anyone still feel bad for alex calder, the other half of his old band, makeout videotape? demarco tours the world meeting artsy groupies/hipsters/his fans, while alex calder does nothing.
someone mentioned in a thread a while ago that his solo work is mediocre, but i've never listened to it.

calders music is actually decent

poor guy hasnt take it well at all. always 2nd best, really tradgic stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=fhEwiblcm8s

if you google "mac demarco net worth" it comes up as $215 million. I think that's an estimate and not a confirmed figure but it's still probably close. fucked up if true

you really think that? i doubt it

fuck you can see the sadness in his eyes

nah that's based on a joke article that went around saying he was the best-paid singer of 2016, more realistic sources say about $1 million

lol kys

i doubt hes got a million. that guy from diiv who posted on here seemed to imply that they arent making as much as you think

macs more popular than them but still a million? i would be shocked if he had even 500k

he's kind of a notorious dick. so, i'm glad he isn't achieving in the same realm as mac.

why would i feel bad?

i dont tour the world meeting groupies/fans, etc either

i didnt earn it and neither did he.

mac and alex seemed to have a close friendship during their makeout videotape days, to the point of making out on videotape
mac gets famous and sort of just leaves alex behind. doesn't really mention alex anymore, the least he could do is give him a shoutout or something, but it looks like the two have completely split. alex doesn't talk about demarco and blocks a lot of people on twitter, guy seems depressed, even in music videos.
maybe that's just business

wtf marc is gay?

Hoping for a Makeout Videotape reunion.

this guy is a multiple millionaire because of covert tobacco advertising for sure. the modern marlboro man.

What are you talking about out? I met him a few times and he was a really nice guy. A little more sarcastic than Mac but he wasn't a shitty person by any means.

He's probably got a decent amount of cash since he lives in Silver Lake, a pretty nice Hollywood neighborhood.

haven't heard much from him lately. is he still touring?

I know nothing about this guy, but I live close to the place he filmed this video, so that's cool I guess

His latest album reached the top 30 in a few big countries (US, UK, Canada, Australia).
I think he's doing fine.

>went to a festival a few years ago, not long after salad days came out
>go and watch mac play a set in the afternoon
>starts playing ode to viceroy
>fans begin to throw a fuck tonne of cigarettes at the stage, even entire packs
>literally a years supply of smokes

does this happen at every show? it was so bizarre. cigarettes cost roughly 28 AUD here (for a pack of 20s) due to insane excise taxes placed on smokes and alcohol

that's insane. im from nz and didnt see the throwing thing happen but i noticed a lot of people lighting up to ode to viceroy, and that mac and his guitarists had unlit cigarettes in their mouths when they were setting up onstage. in nz cigarettes are about 22nzd a pack minimum

I always thought "missing hippie john" referred to Alex

pic related

With music like that it's no surprise. Demarcos music is basically pop and it's catchy and upbeat. That's why he's famous and this guy isn't.

Nah but when I saw him twice on the Another One tour (gf at the time was really in to him and paid for the tickets) all the high school kids started smoking weed during Ode to Viceroy. Mac told them they weren't cool for doing that which was p. cool I guess.

Zero chance unless he came from a rich family

Madonna after decades is worth around $250mil, that's around where most artists who are household names and have been around for a long time are at (assuming they have just stuck to music/acting and not branched into entrepreneurship)

i just posted a poem about alex calder on instagram and he responded fairly quickly to it and i didnt even @ him

Musicians make pretty much all their money from live shows and merchandise.