Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_breaker#Arc_interruption
youtube.com/watch?v=aqWqEzLb2wU
youtube.com/watch?v=WTPL-pm92eo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How does he breathe?

Thanks user

Not seen the film.

Did Havok not make it out of the explosion?

How can he ever lose?

Uh, he would incinerate. By the fact that there is light on his face there is also the same amount of heat on him.

God damn comic book movies are retarded.

>crackling lightning
>st elmo's fire

>in a vacuum

Oh lord, is this the show that everyone crooned was realistic, lol?

>he's moving around in a vacuum

>either that or the air would turn to plasma from hitting his face.

Why would you think that is st. Elmo's fire?

Heat travels a lot slower than light. He's able to move so fast that nothing has mass anymore, that's why he's able to move people and things without getting tired, he's not super-strong, just using the laws of physics

What exactly is the electricity arcing off of? The vacuum?

Why would anyone make such a poorly shielded railgun?

Oh yeah, dumb people who are just waiting for Wrestlemania to come on.

Best scene in the movie alongside with him punching Apocalypse around

Hoping they do more of this in the sequel

Nope.

People who think they know physics

>Vacuum arcs happens for extremely high field levels (100s of millions of volts per meter), and can reach very high currents and current densities. What happens then is that the field emission current heats the surface of the cathode, which evaporates some of the material. These evaporated atoms can then get ionized by the stream of electrons, creating more ions and electrons. The ions then go the opposite direction of the electrons, hitting the cathode (electron source), kicking off (sputtering) more atoms which can get ionized. Eventually, you'll have enough ions that you have a plasma, at which point it's no longer a vacuum. The ignition of the plasma can go really fast, from almost no current (field emission) to 100s of amperes in a few nanoseconds.

So fuck off

So the electricity wasn't going into the magnets?

underrated movie here

Arcs can happen in a vacuum*

*in high energy states some of the surface of the cathode turn into plasma. You learn this in your first year of physics in University user.

>someone who knows physics
>copies an article

Use your own words.

Ah, trolls. What would Sup Forums be without your lot?

>HE SAID MY SHOW IS DUMB THAT MEANS I'M DUMB I'LL SHOW HIM!

>I'm wrong, but how can I still come off as a smug dipshit? I got it!

kys

how does he not burn up because of friction.

The irony of your post is overwhelming.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_breaker#Arc_interruption

You're just quoting something you googled out of context. You don't know what you're talking about, so it doesn't bother me.

how's he still moving at incredible hihg speed if everythong's in slow motion?

GO back to school, kiddo.

Whatever you say champ.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_breaker#Arc_interruption

That doesn't result in visible arcs. It's too disperse.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

>Uh, he would incinerate. By the fact that there is light on his face there is also the same amount of heat on him.

This seems suspect but I don't know enough about physics, also Quicksilver tells friction to fuck off anyway so he must have some kind of base tolerance already.

what is this from?

is that from the HD test?

Indeed

So much money
And its all being pumped into superhero movies

The Resurrected. For as long as that webms been posted he never puts it in the filename.

Also, it would require hundreds of millions of volts for any sort of arcing in space to occur, and railguns rely on current, not voltage.

It's just a bad show and you're a moron for liking it. End of story.

youtube.com/watch?v=aqWqEzLb2wU

Do I have to prove you wrong again?

Wouldnt normal people get completely wrecked from being carried by him?

who's this?

From which movie is this?

0/10

The atmosp

All these fucking non-verban quips makes me wanna shot myself in the head

For fuck sake,

the naval railguns today use over 1 million volts when charged. Please, shut up if you do not know what your are talking about.

thanks

That's the atmosphere glowing.

maria Sharapova.

So that means a spaceship in the future that doesn't need to fight an atmosphere will use 100 times that?

Stop talking about shit you have no concept of other than "oh shit i'm wrong what does the first google result say!?"

>Cyclops
>lasers

Ugh.

thanks

That not a space arc, that a arc with a Arc interruption failure.

youtube.com/watch?v=WTPL-pm92eo

Here a arc in a vacuum. Formed by the fact that the current forms plasma.

>all that stretching

"I'll be in my bunk"

-Bryan Singer

>moving someone through air faster than an explotion shockwave doesnt liquefy their insides

I know what the process is and i know what it looks like.

But a space railgun would not do that. They just added the effect because they thought it would be cool and would seem realistic to laymen.

Do you understand that they would need to be very fast projectiles compared to modern naval railguns due to the speed the targets would be traveling?

Naval railguns are designed to hit targets going 4000 km/h. The space shuttle goes 28,000 km/h. And the expanse shows ships that can burn constantly at 1G or more.

imagine rachel fresh from a run, sitting her sweaty asshole on your face and forcing you to lick up all the sweat while she jerked you and let go of your dick just as you climaxed

>Do you understand that they would need to be very fast projectiles compared to modern naval railguns due to the speed the targets would be traveling?
It's all magic so i have no idea of knowing how fast the targets are moving.

But if fast targets are an issue, they'd use lasers and not slug throwers that cannot hit a juking target at range.

>And the expanse shows ships that can burn constantly at 1G or more.
They still have a limit to how fast they can go. And i'm not talking about light speed

Prove your knowledge.

Animal thread?

haha what a strange fantasy you have there that I've never pondered at all

Famke was so hot.

Funny thing is Rachel was a lot older then the other actresses.

And still aged better the lohan.

>And still aged better the lohan.

They all did because they either doped up in moderation or didn't at all, isn't Lacy some kind of super Christian now?

am I supposed to know who this is

Travis should've been Aquaman

Holy fucking shit you're delusional

Fuck off retard

reminder that lars von tryhard tapped his wifes ass.

Heading to dinner, but a ship that can produce a 1 g acceleration means that it can in one hour go from 0 to 127094.18 km/h in retaliative speed in one hour. so if it burning for 4 hours to you the change in speed would be over 500,000 km/h.

Wow! you really don't know anything about space.

Exhaust velocity has no bearing on the max speed of a ship? Fucking lol, i guess google can't solve everything for you.