Bigger hack, Snyder or bay

Bigger hack, Snyder or bay

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=StbA2biFnpE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Steven Spielberg

>Implying Bay is a hack

bay. Snyder is the Stanley Kubrick of our generation.

Is you think bay is a good director then you are a fucking pleb that doesn't know shit about film

*if

Bay. He doesn't even make flicks, he makes commercials with some semblance of a narrative and the CG team does the rest.

Neither, theyre both modern day auteurs and geniuses.

Snyder, at least Bay knows what kind of movies he's making, and doesn't try to pretend they're high art.

Nolan

I always thought Bay would have been the perfect director for a superman movie. Superman isn't necessarily a very complex character and Bay's brand of spectacle and sentimentality/patriotism would have worked.

God forbid a director tries to be ambitious

Like an user already said, Snyder is the bigger hack. Bay always knew what he was making, and they sold incredibly well, which seemed like his end goal.

I'd say Snyder. He's made two decent movies, Dawn of the Dead and Watchmen. And the rest just feels like him trying to create something that's way over his grasp and knowledge. Instead of just taking a simple idea and making a damn good movie out of it, like Dreed or John Wick, he feels like he needs to make it artistic and ends up ruining it like with 300 and Sucker Punch. Sort of like he's trying to reach for an apple that's to far up. While Bay makes shitty movies(though I have a fondness of The Rock since I watched it a lot as a kid), he's sticking what with he knows and doesn't feel like he has anything to prove to himself, I can respect that. Even if it is pretty mindless.

Like I don't actively dislike Bay, he's just sort of there, making movies that aren't very good in the backround, but Snyder kinda pisses me off a bit.

this

Underrated roast

Fucking anything would be better than Man of Steel: Batman With A Colorful Suit Edition.

Bay makes movies for teenagers
Snyder makes movies for teenagers pretending to be adults

THIS

Bad Boys, Armageddon, The Rock, The Island and the first Transformers are all pure actionkino.

Bay doesn't give a shit about anything except for making movies for jocks that make a billion dollars each, calling him a hack when he never even tried to be a real director isn't fair.

Like seriously, I don't think he's ever tried to make "art" as much as entertainment, where as Zac Snyder has failed again and again to produce even a few good films.

Micheal Baysplosions was pretty good.

Both are legitimately genius.

Wow. You managed to list all shit movies.

Snyder is making capeshit films yet is wearing one of those sissy scarfs the "high artists" usually have. So, Snyder.

>Snyder
>doesn't make high art
>>>/reddit/

Synder at least Bay knows he makes stupid, but somewhat enjoyable movies. Synder is so deluded he thinks he makes deep masterpeices and its the audiences fault they didn't enjoy them

Bay is one of the greatest living auteurs right now
Snyder is one of the biggest pushers of low IQ pandering

>Dreed
Da neem's Dreed, Jooge Dreed.

Found the pleb.

Snyder
Bay is a true auteur

Bay, because despite his talents, he chooses to waste most of his time producing meaningless, fast-food action schlock.

You just outed yourself as an even bigger pleb who knows nothing about business or marketing, never mind film

i unironically agree agon.

Roland Emmerich is the biggest of them all.

you have to be a reddit-tier cuck to think bay or snyder aren't legitimately great directors.

Bay knows his audience and makes major money. Plus, I kind of liked Pain and Gain.

Snyder is so full of himself it hurts yet has the same directorial style as Bay.

My point is: both are hacks. One knows it, runs with it, and has fun with it. The other is way too serious and has been treated way too serious.

Bay is Sup Forums
Snyder is reddit/tumblr

how is bay a hack? All he does is action flicks and he is good at what he does, it's just cheap entertainment with no artistic value. He never pretended to be anything else but an action flick director.

Any man who wears a scarf.

"Me" i have proof m.youtube.com/watch?v=StbA2biFnpE please give me feedback in the comments.what was good, what was bad? I need improvement

I won't call them hacks, they both have their own very distinct artstyles. It's a coincidence that they also both suck dicks.

bay is the bigger hack but at least hes not as pretentious as snyder

One thing is ambition, another is painting yours as a righteous uphill battle against an ignorant audience

>Dude, this YouTube video and comic panels that never happened prove i did nothing wrong, you just don't get it
>Dude, you guys just don't like my totally well made deconstruction

You're forgetting Pain & Gain. I daresay his best film.

they are both hacks in different ways

bay is a sellout explosion hack

snyder is try hard hack

this gives potential for bay to make really fun films and for snyder to make films that don't quite work, but are interesting

t. Reddit

Nolan

Both are good desu but Snyder's movies have the shittiest pacing and editing

Snyder at least Bay knows his movies are trash

faggot
he may not be one of the best directors, but he makes the movies he wants, and he's great at it

My mind almost imploded by this proposition, fuck 'em both

lol

Bay is a good director, just works with shitty blockbuster scripts. Snyder is shit and only memers and capeshit autists claim otherwise.

Snyder's films are pretentious and dull. He wants to pass himself off as some kind of serious artist while enjoying a sellout's career. His imagery is striking at first glance, but he's kind of a one-trick pony, he just applies the same style to every scene in every film without much taste or discrimination. It gets old fast.

On the other hand, I never understood how Bay earned the "worst director ever OMG" hype. Yeah, his films are big, loud, expensive and stupid. But he seems to know that, and he's good at what he does. His films are generally pretty fun. I even think the "Transformers" sequels would've been decent, if he'd hired a better editor to chop down those absurd 3-hour runtimes. As far as I know, the only truly awful film he's made was Pearl Harbor. Generally speaking, he delivers exactly what he promises, with style and energy.

Snyder is a hack. Always has been. Look at the flash's cameo in Suicide Squad. He directed that scene and it was just so poorly done (the whole movie was but personally that scene sticks out to me).

Bay knows how to do action. He just makes popcorn flicks. Last bay movie I was was 13 hours. First hour was boring cliche but the action was enjoyable.

Not only Bay isn't a hack, he's actually a pioneer and an inspiration

Pretty much. Snyder's best movies are adaptations of already existing work. Dawn of the Dead, 300, Watchmen. They're already established works, all he did was translate it to film. Not that its an easy task but compared to whenever he tries to create an original story(Sucker Punch, MoS, BvS) he suffers greatly and it ends up being a mess, I really don't know how MoS didn't turn out worse considering how underwhelming BvS was.

He should have just become a cinematographer, he doesn't have the chops to be a Director/Writer.