"I'm 15 and my taste is better than yours" the album

>"I'm 15 and my taste is better than yours" the album

oh definitely this one

that's more of a "I'm 12 and I was born in the wrong generation" the album, but aye, it fits the criteria.

Some one doesn't like shoegaze lmao

Fifteen year olds listening to Stockhausen? Not in this universe.

you'd be surprised how internet blurred the lines

Was literally me 5 years ago, see

t. ellie
kys poseur

>ugh why can't people understand it like I do?

>t. ellie
What?
>kys poseur
Hey Montie! I'm sure you'll now tell us what my name is, how old I am and which country I'm from. Any minute now, right?

Stockhausen is the go-to composer for internet pseuds who don't know much about classical music.

I''m agreeing with this. This album is only special to someone that hasn't delved into music for a long time. It sounds so basic and insignificant, even the distortion does nothing to hide from me it's overly robotic simplicity when it comes to pop songwriting.
One of the few cases when the phrase "style over substance is actually fitting instead of being used as a replacement of "it sucks" (which i don't think this album, i actually like it a lot)

>This album is only special to someone that hasn't delved into music for a long time
Even Scaruffi admits it dumbo

i don't care about critics of any kind,, only my own observations matter

Literally nobody at the age of 15 listens to these albums. You guys need to chill a little bit, insecurity is no good for you

/thread

wrong
wrong
wrong
correct
correct
i listened to TMR when i was 15

well lets be honest, we all had to learn the ropes at the age o 15

Any Radiohead album released between 1997-2003
In Utero or Bleach
Tool
Dream Theater
The Wall

Or just "Any Radiohead album"

You really think people born in 2002 are listening to MBV?

Wrong
Correct
Possibly
Correct
Correct but also great at any age, like a Pixar movie
Correct
Partially correct

I think In Rainbows is too accesible to be pretentious teen-core.

Yes. They're also listening to ITAOTS, In The Court of the Crimson King, Madvillainy and anything else thrown around on this board. Most young people are incapable of any sort of original thought, which is why the same albums are talked about all the time here.

>t. unique snowflake above the masses

My brother listens to Troutmask but I kinda infected him with my sperg taste

How to "get into" this album without being bored of the samey pop songs while the only thing the album apparently has to offer is a saturated sound of distorted guitars that make it a slightly more overwhelming version of pop music?

yeah "loomer" really sounds like pop music

you're an idiot

Albums that not a lot of people have heard are harder to talk about than the big names that are already popular, so people don't talk about them so much.

watch Lost In Translation

It could be with a different instrumentation

I mean, this album isn't bad, but no better than a 7-8 for me

People don't realise the effect the alternate tuning droned strings have and how it's not so easy to write their songs, they're not just easy pop songs with dist on. The production as well has a very specific sound which has never been paralleled anywhere else and which requires a high degree of care to create, a kind of quietness too it in a way I find difficult to explain (because it's so hard to replicate).

Could be.

Instead of hating on 15-year-olds for having supposedly entry-level taste, why can't we just be happy younger people are getting into music?

15 year olds dont know mbv or care about mbv
op is some autistic 30 year old out of touch with youth

did u time travel from 2010

Isn't last.fm totally uncool now?

It's easy to find critically acclaimed yet unconventional albums even if you're a teenager with little to no prior knowledge of music.

This is pretty good news for music if you ask me.

This.

Still great albums though x

Almost every album in this thread is great
There's a reason these are the first albums young music fans hear about

I didn't discover this album until I was 25. It's pretty good, but that's only because I appreciate the acoustic guitar.

If I met a 15-year-old who actually listened to all the albums in this thread I would agree that their taste is better than mine

Only right answer in this thread.

true, children nowadays start at 12

>ITT: insecure "special" snowflakes

Loveless is baby's first shoegaze record

"I pretend to love this" the album

And still the best album in the genre. Heck, might be the best album in any guitar-based genre.

>t. caveman

Have you ever stepped outside Sup Forums? Some of the stuff on that shitty collage is only mentioned here. I've never met a single person that listens to swans, annco etc

this

Rock music outside metal (because metal will always get shit from everyone else), some of the "guitar guy who also sings" type folk music, 90s hip hop, Death Grips, and Kanye West take this by an absurd margin.

why do you failfucks feel the need to make this thread every single day?

is it autism?

>insecurity
>muh patrician music
I bought Loveless when I was either 15 or 16 and it was one of my favorite albums. What's so weird about liking MBV when you're a teenager?

How hasnt this been posted

>"Man I love nirvana brand T-Shirts!"
t. College girls in my area

No, because the average poster here is 17-18 and they hate 15yos. The internet is sophomoric as fuck.

Name one better shoegaze record.

shit band for shit people.

Says the guy posting on a japanese teriyaki forum

i never made the distinction that i'm not a shit, however, people that generally enjoy/relate to nirvana are suicidal 2deep4u fags with shit taste in music. its fine for pre-teens, but eventually you gotta grow up and let it go.

This is the worst non-sensical answer so fat

Does anyone have that starterpack with Loveless, Twin Peaks, Arch Linux, etc.?

>People don't realise the effect the alternate tuning droned strings have
What effect? The effect which people can't realise?

Both threads are exactly the same

This. How do you expect newcomers to discover new music other than starting with Sup Forumscore stuff? Jumping straight from Katy Perry to Merzbow? Come on.