What does Sup Forums think of Dexter?

what does Sup Forums think of Dexter?

In retrospect, it would have been better if they'd stuck to the books.

it peaked in season 1

first two seasons are god-tier

seasons 3-4 are decent

rest of the show is shit

Umm, it's not a book series idiot.

Best season was the one with Lithgow

you mean where it turns out that his dark passenger is a demon or some shit?

did julia stiles ever get naked in it?

Yes it is. Dexter Dreaming Darkly or whatever the fuck

great 5 seasons show

and Doakes becomes a robot, and Dexter becomes a cannibal

And Astor and Cody become li'l serial killers.

Still better than the television show.

God damn I would love to have fucked seasons 3-5 Astor

There is nothing wrong with a touch of horror-kino

Amen. I didn't realize it until season 5 then something clicked and made her retroactively cute.

I mean, absolutely not. That would be wrong. She was so young then and definitely not attractive.

I can guarantee you have not read more than the first 2 or 3 books.

Why is the universe so intune with me? I literally just finished binge watching this

Season 5 was decent

so was half of S7

S6 was bland but not necessarily "bad"

S8 was a crime against humanity

Stop after season 4 and you'll get some good entertainment.

fuck off

ha! got you

Don't. You'll miss out on some GOAT stuff

1>2>4>3>5>7>6>>>>>>>>>>>>>>power gap>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think this is a universal opinion

I haven't read them all, but I've read more than just 2. The last one I read was about the cannibal cult.

Watched the entire Showtime show. The Showtime show is complete garbage compared to the books. I would rather reread the Dexter books I've read than rewatch the show.

The books have a deservedly bad reputation, they're putrid airport lit on par with the Southern Vampire Mysteries, but they're STILL BETTER THAN THE SHOW.

Like what? It got kind of stale without Doakes but the Trinity killer was just so superb that it brought new life to the show.
After that it's just been a constant decline while using the same old devices over and over again.
The final season and episode wasn't even that special, it all went downhill much earlier.

You're either crazy or trolling

Nope. Jeff Lindsay is an entertaining writer and the women overseeing the latter season of Dexter are not.

Well "GOAT' may have been a little hyperbolic but I really enjoyed seeing dexter leave a trail of bodies with Lumen and then finally getting some fucking satisfaction by having Deb/Spiq lady figure dex out. Also gay Ukrainian guy was really cool. There is a lot of filler though

Yeah I get (you) I get attached to shows as well. Can't not watch something till the end if I'm invested.
But the writing got just so bad till the end. In some scenes I was getting the vibe that Michael C. Hall couldn't get into it anymore either.

>Yeah I get (you) I get attached to shows as well.

haha (you) read me like a book

>But the writing got just so bad till the end. In some scenes I was getting the vibe that Michael C. Hall couldn't get into it anymore either.

His acting was sooooo good for a long time but somewhere around season 6 you could tell he just did not want to be there and was phoning it in. I guess thats why he's so hesitant to do a season 9

Wasn't that exactly when he got diagnosed with cancer?

I decided to watch the final three seasons after giving up on the series after season five. I don't know why I developed such an unfavorable opinion of the show, because I enjoyed S6 and am enjoying S7 now.

I like the concept as well as the (possible) subtexts about truth and identity and so on, but it is certainly far from perfect. Hall is stellar in his role, and many of the other actors are superb as well, but that Jennifer Carpenter is absolutely fucking unbearable. She has two modes: weep-screech and swear, usually simultaneously. It's the flattest and most uninteresting character I've ever seen, and actors who paper over dull roles with histrionics are probably not suited to actually acting.

Oh fuck maybe. I didn't know he had cancer.

Agreed.
If she was hot I could've ignored it.
like that hispanic semen demon

I agree the latter half of the Showtime series is dogshit. However the books are still worse. Broad strokes plot they might be fine (but if you play that game then the show was fine), but the writing and general can-do-wrongedness of Dexter in the books is awful.

Deb was/is super hot you swine

Weird. I thought Deborah was the strongest character in the show apart from Dexter. Seeing her guilt for killing LaGuerta turn her into a drug addled mess in the beginning of S8 was the only good part of that season and I thought her acting was good.

>Hall divorces Carpenter
>writers make Deb fall in love with Dexter

Fucking harsh.

>Hall gets cancer
>write make dexter kill a cancer patient

Fucking harsh

>Hall wants to leave the show
>Showtime extends his contract to 37 more seasons

Fucking harsh.

>Hall commits suicide after the 26th season
>Showtime turns his corpse into a marionette puppet as to milk the series forever

Fucking harsh

The books went about as apeshit as the show.

Doakes becoming Stephen Hawking and Dexter raiding Bohemian Grove were awesome though