Which is better, Sup Forums?

Which is better, Sup Forums?

30 Rock

They were both pretty bad and they pushed the "documentary" gimmick for way too long.

Parks & Rec had more good characters

Office only had Michael

I disagree about the documentary thing, for me it worked. Both shows have pretty great highs but also pretty bad lows (more so the office).

The office definitely dragged on too long though, season 8 & 9 were shit. They should've just ended it when Michael left.

and Creed

Even tho I know stephen is better 30 rock was probably one of the best written comedies.

no, not even close

OFFICIAL RANKING

Best of the Office
Best of Parks and Rec
Worst of Parks and Rec
Worst of the office

first best post sobt

neither are funny

Office:
2>4>5>3>1>6>7>>>>Parks and Rec:
3>4>2>5>1>6

The Office was a lot of dumbness buoyed by occasional moments of comedic brilliance, usually on the shoulders of Steve Carell.

Parks and Rec was a generally better put together show with more consistent humor, but it really could not compare with the moments that made the Office watchable.

One of the biggest problems I had with the "documentary" format besides the obvious like this amount of film would be longer than the Shoah at this point is that it often deflated all the jokes and gags a more traditional setup for a comedy might have achieved.

When watching it there is at least five times an episode where Michael or Dwight usually would say something stupid or awkward and the camera would just hoover over them for a few seconds as if they were giving you time to laugh. I felt this was condescending and although a real documentary would use an up close upper body shot like that they don't do it for comedic timing they do it because that usually the best shot for flat exposition which is why it doesn't work for comedy. It makes every Joke in Community or the Office the same formula every time. A joke gets said, hover on their upper body or face, cut to what happens next. It's basically giving you a cue to laugh that laugh tracks used to fulfill but at least with those we would sometimes get spontaneous situations and settings without the same format of filming and editing over and over again.

It's funny that the British office only lasted a standard two "series" as is the custom past Fawlty Towers, but they understood how boring traditional documentary shots would get if used over and over and they tried to limit their amount of "interview footage" accordingly.

this

The Office created the spirit Parks & Rec lives by. It was hard for me to be into both shows at the same time, but I appreciate The Office for making strong characters out of literal nobodies (besides Steve) but then I also appreciate Parks & Rec for stay consistent and finishing strong.

Consider killing yourself

Parks and Rec ended before it got stale but The Office at its peak was better.

>this amount of film would be longer than the Shoah at this point
I don't mind it's not 100% realistic tbqh.

>they would say something stupid or awkward and the camera would just hoover over them for a few seconds as if they were giving you time to laugh
This is true. Most of the jokes are set up this way, although it never really bothered me. I think them choosing to do it that way was just a reflection of the style of comedy they were trying to portray.

Office had higher highs but went on 3 seasons too long and also had lower lows.

Parks and Rec was more consistent and improved as it went along. It also had better writing and the characters didnt flanderize as far as the Office characters did, except for Jerry.

Bane?

Michael, of course
Except that time when Ron made a canoe for Jim.
Cause that was Ron, and that was fucking great.

As soon as Pawnee merged with Eagleton is became stale. That yelling guy literally ruined the entire show. He made it unwatchable

Parks and Rec.

The final seasons of both shows are so fucking bad

Patrician opinion. Absolutely hated that yelling guy as well. Such a boring and annoying character.

Parks and Rec except when they shill for Crooked Hillary.