Retrospective view on Alice In Chains. Lets hear it Sup Forums

They suck.
/thread

threading your own thread
nerd

best grunge band
Cantrell is a genius

Faggot

My favorite grunge band since they have so much diversity in their songwriting and manage to do each style so well. Even their post Layne stuff is honestly pretty solid. I believe this is because they were able to bring that thick grungy atmosphere to whatever it is they did which makes it all come together well.

Dirt is the best "grunge" album ever made and is also one of the best albums of the 90s.

Their songwriting was consistently incredible.

waste of quints :(

Layne was an hero

not my thread. i fucking hated them when they came out and im glad that faggot died

grunge????
are you fucking stupid? their shit was way to polished to be considered grunge. just because they drove through seatle in 1992 doesn't make them grunge. you kids are fucking retarded.

Grunge isn't an actual genre, it's just the name of a scene.

Dirt is considered grunge and so is Jar of Flies even though they don't sound anything alike
Nirvana's In Utero is considered grunge and so is their MTV Unplugged live album even though they don't sound anything alike

Just a term for a specific group of people in a specific part of the country at a specific time in history, like NWOBHM.

Grunge isn't a genre anyway, it just means blonde '90s Seattle rock.

>make millions
>lock yourself up for six years and shoot heroin everyday until you die
What did he mean by this?

i guess so?
I was in high school when it was all going on but the internet was still analog and googling was too slow to search if it was a genre or not.

cringey ass music, vocals, and lyrics.
complete garbage.

There was no "googling" when grunge was a thing....
I think we have a phony

t. 16 year old Nirvana fangirl

The dog album is so good but gets no love

Great album from them. I think the post Staley stuff is garbage but this one right here is great. Over Now is my favorite song on this one.

Great song to listen to after a breakup haha

Heaven beside you is supposed to be about a relationship Cantrell fucked up but despite how good the song is, I can't interpret how the lyrics translate to that. In fact, in my head canon, I think the song is sort like a vent about dealing with Staley's worsening condition

I think Staley pretty much layed everything out into each song they produced, I mean hell, the whole band did. Everything about their music is like a darker side to most shit, like how you'd think stuff is going great on the outside, but inside everything is fucked up. It's all a metaphor for life as it is. All the emotions

most underrated grunge band desu,
while pearl jam, soundgarden, nirvana and pumpkins were getting their dicks sucked alice in chains did whatever

twang

I agree with this but Smashing Pumpkins are a legitimately better band. I love Alice in Chains but that's a fact