Finally got around to watching High Rise. I thought it was quite good. Did Sup Forums like it?

Finally got around to watching High Rise. I thought it was quite good. Did Sup Forums like it?

no, it was shit

It felt like a series of things that happened with dialogue that served no purpose.

Only good thing to come out of this was Portishead covering ABBA's "SOS"

a big mess is the only way I can describe it

no, too many montages in place of any actual story

It's shit. Kill yourself for having poor taste.

It was fine

No.

turned it off and went to bed after 5 minutes

It ruled, even that ABBA cover by Portishead. Honestly, a fucking Ballard novel adapted by Ben Wheatley would be hard not to enjoy.

You are all tasteless pieces of shit, and probably Armenian.

It was shit.
Tedious.
It's like boring lazy sex and being told by the other person I had to pay for that.

No, we all have taste. Ben Wheatley is a joke, you Turkish bastard.

I have Turkish friends and have no racism about Turks, I just didn't understand why the fuck you say we're Armenian.

Is this movie basically a vertical Snowpiercer?

Completely different. I thought it was too before I watched it.

Someone post a picture of him on the beach with Taylor Swift wearing a "I love Transexuals" shirt

No.

is adressed in the movie why the outside world just doesnt care about what happen in the building when there is like, people falling from the top of the high rise? surely the police would investigate or something

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna check it out at some point.

Did you watch it?

I fucking loved it. Everything except the Thatcher quote at the end was great.

90% of the hate on Sup Forums is from literal plebs. I'm sure High Rise will be recognized as a good film in time.

I agree with , for a movie about people going nuts and killing each other it felt very inert. there wasn't really any kind of build or progression towards the madness in the high rise, it just seemed like everyone started going crazy all at the same time

>I thought it was quite good
let me guess: u unironically like DC movies

Felt disjointed. I know there was suppose to be a disconnect of it from reality but it felt more than that.
Performances were good though. And i really enjoyed both weird dance out moments.
Also
>who's going to fuck my ass?

It was a stealth pro Brexit movie.

A group of people living in a society controlled by a bunch ofvelitists at the top. The people in the lower levels are little more than guinea pigs as part of a grand social experiment.

But they don'teave.

The "peasants" don't leave. The doors aren't locked, there's nothing to stop them from getting out of this crumblig hellhole, yet they remain.

Why do they stay? British and stupid, I guess.

Plus the movie was released only a couple of months or so before the vote.

Also, Tom Hiddleston sexface is more hilarious than sexy.