>industrial
>ambient

for the fans of Boris, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Merzbow, Lou Reed's MMM

Let's shill together, right now, oh yeah, in the sweet harmony

epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/seasongs
>Loop-based ambient music
>Lots of pianos and reverb
>Background Muzak

Also, a new single for the last release under Epiglottis name (SC tho.)
soundcloud.com/aerepiglottis/enter-the-mind-of-a-man-who-lost-it-all

And, of course, he's the first :^)

Gonna come back with some first impressions soon-ish

>And, of course, he's the first

pxlsequence.bandcamp.com/album/valleys-ep

>piano >loops >ambient >chill >lofi >experimental

THX for listening and feedback.

Rec

New Album Hidden Horizons with instrumental solo made by me. All the material are original nothing are sampled.

svccy.bandcamp.com/album/hidden-horizon

Other album

svccy.bandcamp.com/album/virtual-dream

svccy.bandcamp.com/album/summer-websurfing

>Vaporinet
>Dream
>Vaportrap
>Chillwave

REC:
very good music rec as always
interesting
like it very much keep going

ivonnevancleef.bandcamp.com/album/ivonne-van-cleef-3

> rural psychedelia, lo fi, portastudio, drone, ambient, bedroom recordings
recc

I've been throwing together some material for a brief solo-acoustic folk EP. I've posted one track here before which got some positive feedback for the quality of the production and playing style, but most people thought the melody was kinda boring. So I'm hoping my songwriting improves a little bit.

If this EP were to be, say, 20 minutes long, and the recording was top-notch quality, (not some lo-fi bedroom shit) would you be inclined to sit through the whole thing? How much would you pay for that if you liked it? Would you be more likely to give it a shot if the cover contained really neat abstract art, or instead some great photography?

Should I give a fuck about any of this shit?

I like photography more than abstract art, especially sunsets. I'm not sure why this matters though, the music should be good first and foremost.
Link to your material? I would be interested in listening

carve.bandcamp.com

alternative, progressive, post-rocky, shoegazey, vaguely on the fringes of metal but not really,

I dig this, definitely reminds me of Boris (in a good way)

Also rec. If I was still a student I'd study to this

>would you be inclined to sit through the whole thing?
Would you be inclined to be a contributor to these threads and check other people's stuff? If yes - sure thing. If not - nobody here will take you as more than a shill.

>How much would you pay for that if you liked it?
Probably nothing. Would spread a word about it if it was extremely top-notch though.

>Would you be more likely to give it a shot if the cover contained really neat abstract art, or instead some great photography?
Cover must match the music. I don't care about the rest as long as it's aesthetically pleasing enough and has a connection to the releases' theme or sound.

>Should I give a fuck about any of this shit?
You should if you want to make a name for yourself.

Also:
>top-notch
>neat
>great
Aren't you giving yourself too much of a credit there? Just being skeptical af.

clyp.bandcamp.com/album/kyds-at-the-crypt this is all we will shill until MAG comes out in October, sitting on a lot of good material though just trust me
>DIY, Fun, Multi-genre, random, immature
>Twin peaks cover, dennis wilson rearrangment, My Dad Is Dead cover, songs about Sup Forums core including swans, sufjan, etc
>One song feature contribution from Sean Bonette of AJJ (one band member is friends with him)

hey dudes

lol the only material I've ever uploaded to bandcamp I deleted pretty much immediately afterwards. It was pretty well performed and has some fancy fingerstyle sections, but the songwriting was flat-out lazy. I didn't want that song to be a token of my abilities as a musician. Maybe I should've kept it up, idk.

I'm asking because I don't want it to be swept under the rug. I don't give a shit if anyone buys it, or even if people like it, it just want to make sure they give it a chance. Thanks for your feedback

I advise you to bring in some variety, more instruments (even your voice), listening to one single guitar can be boring even for 20 minutes unless you're fucking John Fahey

Also, give it some memorable cover art and lyricism (if you do sing), try to set a certain mood, be it romantic (Fleet Foxes) or grotesque (Neutral Milk Hotel)

The reason Jeff Mangum could get such a reputation is because he used his voice as a solo instrument, and the guitar just filled up the space, you can see this formula working in the black metal band Urfaust too.

Get a simple sentence - Do the best you can and expect the worst.

thanks. the one time I've posted my stuff, I made sure to give thoughts on everyone else's work too.

>aesthetically pleasing, connection to themes
good advice! thanks

>giving myself credit
trust me, I'm pretty self-deprecating. I'm mostly referring to the recording quality here, I'll let everyone else be the judge as to whether or not any of the songs are worthwhile.

deepspaceoctopus.bandcamp.com/

>2 rap beats in there so far
>lemme know what you think of "Drunk on Neptune"

i really like this tip. i'll keep it in mind!

benjaminhickey.bandcamp.com/album/prom-date-single

>electronic, relaxed, pop
>single off upcoming album!

reccs:
been a fan for a while, you rock

>lemme know what you think of "Drunk on Neptune"
Are you ready for it?
Are you sure you are ready for an opinion for this track?
Are you really, really sure you want to hear about it?

It's kinda okay if at parts had a cheesy 00s hip-hop. The beat is kind of weak - too repetitive and I feel there is an extreme lack of space - it's a bit too cluttered. I've heard better instrumentals even on the SC threads.

Could use a lil bit more experimental spirit, the influences are a bit too apparent to my liking. I dig the Tool vibe tho, and the vocalist's pretty damn good.

scrugley.bandcamp.com/album/oceanos-de-cemento

>compilation of unreleased/unfinished/failed tracks
>each release its different so pick your poison
>melancholic, atmospheric, depressive?
>one man band
>get all my music for just 0.50usd

reccing
10/10
same

>dude the project's closed LMAO
>releases a compilation few months after that

retardation at it's finest

Ait, thanks for the honesty.

samrihiphop.bandcamp.com/

>sample based hip hop
>2 EPs
>1 is experimentally jazzy
>the other is star wars samples and wu tang style

There is nothing experimental in your sound though...

freemetalday.com/

NEW ALBUM: erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/album/winter-beats

>Minimal Techno
>Optimist House
>FM8core

chiptune af mate!

airbornmartin.bandcamp.com/track/i-remember-airborn-remix

>chillstep
>airstep

i think you hit the nail on the head. memorability is key.

wattersonjams.bandcamp.com/album/feel-good-forever
>shoegaze with 90s emo and post rock influence
>ffo: duster, have a nice life, alex g
>free as fuck so DL it

side note, decided I'm going to be releasing music a little sooner (still not for a while, but sooner), it just won't be Red Horse. have too many songs I've written that don't quite fit thematically. still really dream related though

this is incredibly vague. recording quality is nice and all, but production is more than that. and so is the music itself. if you're trying to just get people to buy it ie "how much would you pay," Sup Forums is definitely not the place to look. if the songs are good enough, people will buy it. and cover art is nice and all but I've heard albums that were great with terrible art and terrible with great art. just focus on making good music and less on what other people think

recorded really well. reminded me a bit of smashing pumpkins early on, but kinda devolved into something that felt vaguely like "awake" style dream theater or tool with overly nasal pop punk vocals. I dunno. there really isn't much here that feels original. it's pleasant enough if you get past the vocals but it's really uninspired to me. sorry for the harshness

I like some of the ideas, kind of has a 30s cartoon era vibe. feels more like a loop than music you created yourself though. I could dig it more depending on the rapper who used it. some kool keith style shit.

jeez. this needs work man. vocals were flat pretty much the entire time, the instrumental was dry, and the lyrics were pretty "woof" too. just not for me I guess

basicunitproductions.bandcamp.com/album/avida-dollars

> Minimal Wave, Dungeon Synth, Trip Hop, Noise, Ambient Techno, Industrial rock

Recommendations:
Top-tier DSBM and dark ambient, not too abrasive, but definitely depressing, mainly because the incredible and brooding piano work
If you're feeling sick, Epiglottis will cure it, no matter which album you play. Easy-on-the-ears ambient, this guy has a great ear for finding the perfect tone of instruments without overthinking it.
Sweet piano-driven ear candy, with tiny ambient noises for detailing
Best shoegaze in this thread, memorable chord progressions and a tasteful combination of clean and harsh vocals. I actually enjoy this album more than Loveless (shoegaze is not really my thing if it's not Jesu)

This is pretty dang restrained, will definitely alienate some. I think the vocals should have the same narrow filtering as everything else so they don't overpower the mix.

Thanks for the fb. Just to clarify, I didn't use any ready made loops like a damn fraud. The drum samples (individual samples, not loops) on DON came from a library, but everything else I chopped from an old record, synthesised, composed, etc, myself.

I kinda dig your shit, the mixture of influences is growing on me, and some of the chord progressions and atmosphere at parts are nice.

>Old Project
strawberrys.bandcamp.com/

>New Project
laura.bandcamp.com/releases

>IF YOU LIKE IT DOWNLOAD IT AND SCROBBLE IT ON LAST.FM AND RATE IT ON RYM

>FFO: LIL PEEP, GBC, WICCAPHASE
>GENRES: EMO, HIP HOP

I love the cover art but the music isn't for me
This is great I just wish the vocals were mixed a little diffrent that being said some heavy MBV vibes for this. Listen to more sonic youth let their guitar influence you, becuase i see with a lot of people who make shoegaze try and make walls of noise without music melody
There's like no music here, I no that sounds strange but it all feels so empty and hallow. It truly is air step. I wouldn't listen to it but i'm sure someone somewhere will.

>living on foodstamps, disabillity (autism)
>$27 to my name after an adolescence of retardation

what the FUCK am i supposed to do if the band im in doesnt blow up?

nobody cares you attention whore

>cool site you got there

twitter.com/Bandcamp/status/892024622769557504

>206x250

now with more pixels

nobody cares you attention whore

Oh the humanity. Would will I do now?!
>tfw Grouper released new track bc of this

This is still the best fucking way to share your music, I won't boycott them for doing something with their own profits. I would rather give them 15% of my share than seeing shitty ads all over the site

I agree it's a great platform, but I'd be pissed as an artist that a) the money isn't going back into the site and/or to the artists to donate to something themselves, b) it's going to some fairytale issue that i'd imagine a lot of artists don't agree with. But BC is based in Berkeley so I should have expected this

Well, LGBT people getting killed in Saudi Arabia is a real issue, the problem is that these organisations rarely care about islamic countries, they only bash Trump

>a lot of artists don't agree with
>9/10 artists are left-winger libtards

lets not get political, if it gets heated enough someone might find out im a nazi

Communism will win

yeah, when you'll stop making shitty chiptune music

>for everyone about to spew gratuitous anti-trans shitposts, complete with uninformed suicide stats and mental illness claims:

ever thought that maybe this world is so shitty and dangerous for trans people who cannot easily fly under the radar/live as stealth? people like Buck Angel are doing alright but not everyone feels comfortable jumping onto the "capitalize on my sexuality" path for survival/success.
people don't just commit suicide because of chronic depression or other illness.
it is straight up very fucking difficult to live as a free, physically safe transperson in this world if you are out.
suicide is not a permanent given. we all could literally reduce these death rates through improved education and anti-violence and just being way more excellent to each other.

think about the people in your life who give you love, which you no doubt take for granted. imagine losing most or all that love because you expressed an inherent, inescapable, no-other-choice fact about yourself.

a lot of y'all are so heartless in your neverending quest to be ALPHA. you have no idea how much warmth and goodness you are denying yourself and others.

think critically because your antitrans rhetoric is just as muh feefees as you think I am

jesus, being this butthurt

>for everyone about to spew gratuitous anti-trans shitposts, complete with uninformed suicide stats and mental illness claims
fallacy - straw man

>people don't just commit suicide because of chronic depression or other illness
so why trans people are killing themselves more after starting a sex change? maybe it's because of the mental changes and gender dysphoria

>it is straight up very fucking difficult to live as a free, physically safe transperson in this world if you are out
how? are transpeople getting more often killed/murdered/raped/harrased? if so - provide evidence to this claim.

>suicide is not a permanent given. we all could literally reduce these death rates through improved education and anti-violence and just being way more excellent to each other
provide a statistic which clearly says that because of the lack of education of surrounding people increases the chance for a suicidal person to commit suicidal. fallacy - appealing to reason

>think about the people in your life who give you love, which you no doubt take for granted. imagine losing most or all that love because you expressed an inherent, inescapable, no-other-choice fact about yourself
fallacy - appealing to emotions. love is not something you have for granted. it is an element which you can GAIN but never inherit or get out of the start

>a lot of y'all are so heartless in your neverending quest to be ALPHA. you have no idea how much warmth and goodness you are denying yourself and others
and that comes from that exactly?

>think critically because your antitrans rhetoric is just as muh feefees as you think I am
next time back up your clams with your pro-trans rhetoric because talking about muh feefees and "reason" does not constitute for any truth

escalated quickly

I'm ready

this is the most autistic virgin shit I've seen in my life. enjoy zero empathy and your cheetos or whatever the fuck you redpiller neckbeards eat

>literally every point is either 'citation needed' or 'fallacy lol'
>this is how the right debates

so you lack any arguments and/or proof to your claims and you get to your ad hominem?
enjoy our society!

>what I say is right because I know it's right
>therefore what I don't need to prove my points
okay, I'll bite. how left debates then?

re-vised.bandcamp.com/album/first-five-songs
>hardcore punk/post-hardcore
>different than most
>maybe will get stuck in you head maybe

also join the facebook page I linked on the site, I'm trying to create a group for diy artists around the world

>join the revolution
>2 ppl

there's already a FB group of /BC/ thread anons mate

there wasn't anything to debate, you just spammed "fallacy." y'all do realize this alt-right shit started as a joke, right?

enjoy a sexless sad existence and no real positive life meaning

i asked that you provide some evidence to your claims. if that's so hard for you then i'm sorry I'm not meeting your standard of "listen and believe".
>y'all do realize this alt-right shit started as a joke, right?
yeah. a joke against alt-left. and?

>enjoy a sexless sad existence and no real positive life meaning
I love when people have no arguments and instead throw ad hominem like this would help their case or something. oh well.

>enjoy a sexless sad existence and no real positive life meaning

...while you crush it smashing tranny ass right?

Friend, Alt Left means dreadlocked white hippies with magic crystals and faith healing, not some counter to the Alt Right like Vanity Fair is trying to make it. And even if you're referring to a growing movement of unironic stalin worshipers, (which doesn't exist) fascism is still objectively worse than totalitarian communism. At least in the gulags you die working for your country instead of being offed because your skin is wrong. Of course anarcho-communism is the best case scenario, but if I had to choose the two worst extremes I'd take gulags over concentration camps any day.

fucking liberals

I'm right ya dumb fuck, the alt right is just fucking dumb

>I'm right ya dumb fuck

Woah, in case - you've certainly won this argument. Really made me think.

I was watching along and then I've read this. I'm just only going to address this post. As much as I care both extremes have points which I'm pro and against but since nobody wants "centrist" or however you gonna call them I'm just going to say my piece below.

Eric... Dude. I mean I accept your political beliefs but...

>And even if you're referring to a growing movement of unironic stalin worshipers, (which doesn't exist)
I know of few personally, people which are somewhat politically active in my community. And I also know people who are extremely right.

>fascism is still objectively worse than totalitarian communism. At least in the gulags you die working for your country instead of being offed because your skin is wrong.
People from my country were dying in gulags out of saying even a slightest, smallest shit about the Soviet government. They were tortured and killed for wanting to be independent, for wanting freedoms which are elements of genuine people. Freedom of speech, for example. Not being controlled by the country, for example. 1/4th of my family is from Ukraine, my great grantparents were living in the time when Stalin was issuing to basically starve up to 10 million Ukrainians for a "common good of the people"... Justifying any atrocities as being "oh well it could be worse I guess" is quite fucking brutal and, to be honest, I take that quite seriously. Not only as a member of a family which felt the disasters from both sides (Nazism and Communism) but as a member of a country which was ravished by both Nazi Germany and USSR. There is NO justification in which one is somehow "better" than the other.

I do not want to change your opinion. Believe in what you want. 'Tis my case.

I'm in no way justifying atrocities, I'm just sick of liberal journalists taking attention away from fascists and acting like antifascists are just as bad. I don't WANT gulags in the slightest. Totalitarian Communism is incorrect communism.

I do not care what are your feelings are towards this or that. You are ought to speak the truth. And you said a false claim stating:
>At least in the gulags you die working for your country instead of being offed because your skin is wrong
as a justification of gulags being SOMEHOW less horrible than concentration camps because you died "by helping your country out". I can guarantee that halt of the gulag people have shit to do with Russia.
If you count the number of deaths then yeah, sure, gulags were "lighter" (by a few milion? Some estimate up to 10 milion dead in gulags) but that doesn't mean we should treat it as a less of a thing. People were killed. On both sides.
Additionally, the claim itself is wrong. In both gulag and concentration camps people were FORCED to work and in both died due to overworking and disease. And the skin color didn't matter to the Nazis but the RACE of a certain people (among other things i.e. deficiencies, sexuality; skin color was attributed to the race). I should also add that sexuality in USSR's history mattered because when being gay man, like yourself, would mean being sent to prison or worse. Ring any bells with Nazis? Sure, they might not be that hard but USSR's prison can mean, you guess it, gulags because most of them were named after that (at least in Poland).

I only ask you to really think about posting something like this in the future. There is a factual error in that statement which is just disgusting to me personally. And we meant to be collaborators together? I don't know man.

yeah but there's only 100 ppl and they don't promote much. I'm adding people from my city's diy community, I want to consolidate all the diy communities into one

jacobhutto.bandcamp.com

>Experimental, Various Genres

>TWO BRAND NEW ALBUMS

>Into The Storm.
>Alt-Country, Ambient, Bedroom Pop, Folk, Folktronica, Freak Folk, Healing, Lo-Fi, Mental Health, Orchestral Pop, Singer-Songwriter, Soul.

>Where's The Humanity?
>Ambient, Chillwave, Field Recordings, Hypnagogic Pop, Lo-Fi, Musique Concrete, Noise, Progressive Electronic, Synthpop, Vaporwave.

Support, scrobble, or review on RYM. Any feedback of any kind would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. :)

NEW MATERIAL AUGUST 20TH

Apologies for my disappearance. I went to Mexico for vacation.

Buds

It's hyperbole, I don't actually think it's useful to compare different totalitarian disasters.

>States something
>I don't actually think it's useful to state it
Then control your feelings next time and say things which you actually believe in and/or can stand behind them. You should not feel excluded from that. That and stating correct statements which are factual.

Let's just end this right here. I need to cool myself off.

My EP is now on a "name your own price" basis. DOWNLOAD & ENJOY!

processsions.bandcamp.com/releases

>lo-fi
>dreampop
>shoegaze

thenorthway.bandcamp.com/releases
>math punk, pop punk with blast beats

You've got a good combination of stuff going on instrumentally. Great mix too.

yes time to shill my new album, I worked on it for two years so i have the damn right to shill hahah

captbeardd.bandcamp.com/album/avant-stupid

>jazz >hiphop grooves >dance >electronic >mort garson >chillchillchill

me

Not bad. kinda has a hard rock sound as well. The vocals kinda remind me if Social Distortion except even lower. It could definitely use some tightening up though. the guitar work in particular.

chiaro.bandcamp.com/

>Electronic
>Beats
>Chiptune
>Experimental

[+^]

>>(Power-)Ambient
>>Glitch
>>IDM
>>Experimental

alexwilliamhoffman.bandcamp.com/

youtube.com/watch?v=vy9hKlguNX8

---
Recs:
Really digging some of the "glitchier" parts.

Love the album art, chill AF

Vocals are actually decent desu - that's rare.

ddx-10.bandcamp.com
>Noise, Algorithmic, Academic
>I don't use a DAW

Someone bought my new album for $3; thank you very much.

i'll be throwin a couple $$ your way, good stuff fellas.
Also Sleazy if you're in here, the new EP is great.

SLEAZY SLEAZY SLEAZY JUST JUMPED OVER JUMPMAN

slowhorsepublishing.bandcamp.com/album/impression-obsession

>sound collage
>musique concrete
>no-fi

Still can't believe someone downloaded my entire discography. They're gonna have a hell of a time, that's for sure.

Recs:

keilutalo.bandcamp.com

Novice beat maker.
There's only one release. It's an EP of things I've been working on. Thanks if you listened.

>experimental

mcnting.bandcamp.com/track/lapidd

Lo Fi trap-ish
sad but not really sad but sad
looking for some vocals to work with
rec:

realscabsofficial.bandcamp.com/releases

lo-fi, abrasive, noise

tell me wht u think :)

shouts to you and the other folks who bought my album today. it means a shitton

personally, I think this is great. even if you don't agree with trans people having the same rights as anyone else (it sounds even more goofy typed out, like seriously how is this hurting anyone), it encourages people to check out more artists and gets them exposure/downloads/purchases, and Bandcamp gets good press and advertising. everyone wins, except for the triggered alt right.

oof.

this is a problem with a lot of the left (and right, but I guess it goes for most people with strong political opinions). people think in such black and white terms. good example is israel and palestine. people try and act like one side is pure evil and the other is pure good. both have committed atrocities. and desu there might not be any solution to be had.

for what it's worth, I appreciate you giving your personal opinion and experience here. and to eric, though I'm sure a lot of my political views align with yours, like a lot of leftist folks, you really need to learn to just apologize. it felt like you were more worried about how what you said was interpreted than you were aer's feelings and what he actually said.

thought I'd hate this based off the album art. it's really enjoyable though. real different. kinda brought to mind cool 3d world's music heh

that's crazy flattering. thank you man

thanks yo. the vocals are definitely something I'm mixing differently, one of the biggest themes in critique. funny you say that btw, I've listened to a whole ton more sonic youth than MBV

getting nostalgic vibes from your stuff. just feels too flat at times. mix is really odd. great for a mood though. your favorite color is great. funny you posted that FWWM webm, was thinking of twin peaks a bit while listening. had a laura clip in a music video too

what'd impress me is someone doing that for morpheus lunae's discography

bump, let's get it over 100 at least

It's lifeless, kind of a young FL Studio owner's first "idk beat" he uploads to soundcloud, sorry