Good film?

Good film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGbxrNqK4-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>it a western

so no

ignorance. some of the best films ever made are westerns. True Grit is not one of them

Westerns have produced some of the greatest films of all time. Try again.

I hate the original but like this one.

it's good, just that
nothing special

a quick paycheck for the coen bros

Yeah no. Westerns are so boring I can't see how any of them could be "good"

It is a solid 7.5/10 Honestly i enjoyed it more than the original. It was good for its time but for a film called "true grit" it had too much 1960s Hollywood brightness even though i greatly enjoyed John Wayne's turn on the character. I feel like it would have been much better if made only 4-5 years later in the mid 70s where being a bit more edgy and dark was becoming acceptable.

It's very enjoyable movie. The usual Coen fans probably dislike it by how straightforward it is.

I was really surprised when I realized Mattie grew up to be a pop star

is that matt damon?

This post is everything I wanted to say about this movie

/thread

yes
he spanks a little girl in that movie

I think that's a big part of the flak. The style of the movie is almost documentary like in how it just portrays things straight up without too much fluff or trope. Just a solid western, but not a life changing one. Great family movie night jam.

Check out Rooster Cogburn- it's like a cross between True Grit and The African Queen.

I love the original, but the girl was horrible, as well Glen Campbell. It should've been Elvis as Lebeef, and Cybill Shephard or Maureen McCormack as Hattie.

A few laters if could've been Jodie Foster.

production value was very good

story was bland. didn't get invested in it. i like the original a lot better. it's campier and funnier and has much better sense of adventure.

this just seemed like an unnecessary remake imo

Please tell me that guy in the back will be playing James Coburn's role in the new Magnificent Seven because he looks a lot like Coburn in that pic

Westerns are boring??? I've heard a lot of shit about westerns but never that they're boring. That begs the question, what the fuck kind of films are keeping you interested

Yes. Hailee really showed her acting ability in it too

Extremely forgettable.

Oh my holy jesus.

hairy ass

nah, also a remake of an overrated flick

The Searchers is overrated too

>I need a good judge

Coen did it justice.

> I don't know shit about cinema

Here's another (You) since you seem attention deprived.

Any film with a spanking scene is a good film

It's pretty decent. Not really a Coen brothers highlight, but still fun.

One of my favorite movies, I probably have bad taste but I legitimately love it.

No. And I loved the book.

>she's legal

Oh thank god.

this.

comfy as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGbxrNqK4-4

The casting on the Cohen remake is terrible. Bridges is comically, over-the-top grizzled and mumbly, and Damon is totally unbelievable as a cowboy. I remember the girl being the only not-shit part of the movie, along with the production values.

They tell me you are a girl with true ass