Pusher 1 is like post-punk. Bleeder is glam rock. Fear X is Eno, who ended up making the music for the movie...

>Pusher 1 is like post-punk. Bleeder is glam rock. Fear X is Eno, who ended up making the music for the movie. Pusher II was Iron Maiden. Pusher 3 was Neil Diamond. Bronson was Pet Shop Boys. Valhalla Rising - Einstürzende Neubauten. So I can only write a movie when I know what it's going to sound like.
Any other directors who think like Refn?

C'mon Sup Forums, it's a Refn thread.

I've only seen Bronson and Drive
Loved Bronson, hated Drive

Terence Davies imagines his sequences complete with music, and writes all the pieces he wants into the script before he gets the funding. Clearing it is the first task of pre-production, so he has time to replace any choices that aren't available.

I know Malick edited The Thin Red Line while listening to a Green Day CD

wait is this a quote? did he really say this?

this actually makes a lot of sense but it sounds really, really autistic

Yes.

Well it's Refn

>there are people on this board that don't acknowledge that NWR is one of the best directors of our generation

Where did he find all that money to make flopping movies?

ITT: Directors who really make you think

>hated drive
obvious normalfag go fucking off yourself cunt

it sucked
atmospheric my ass

Is the pusher series and bleeder worth watching?
I saw Drive, OGF, Neon Demon, and Bronson and loved them all (though OGF i was iffy on).

Pusher series is the best thing he's ever done

OGF was funded by the Danish film board and from cash they got for appearing with Ryan at a Thai film festival
Neon Demon was made by Amazon

It's an r9k fantasy, normalfags wouldn't fully understand it.

Alright, I'll put it on the top of my watchlist though there's quite a bit on there. Thanks, friend.

Pusher and Bleeder don't really have the same visual style as his later films if that's what you're primarily looking for
They're much more heavily influenced by Dogme 95 in camera work and editing though the high contrast colors are still present. There's a lot more kinetic energy in how they're shot compared to his (often critically derided) sluggish style in his later movies like Drive, OGF, Valhalla and Neon Demon.

This was what I suspected, I've loved Drive, OGF and now have TND loaded up and ready to watch when I have the time to devote my full attention to it, but I was sure that if he'd been working at such a level all along, I would have discovered him sooner. Does Bronson have the slower pace?

Bronson is a comedy at times so it's not as ponderous and slow moving as the others but you can still see that he's coming from that shift from the Dogme aesthetic of Pusher to his now trademark slow style (something that he actually started developing in Fear X). But Bronson is like made up of short sketches linked together by a narration, so the subject matter really differentiates it from his other later films which are about heavy themes like revenge, faith, autism etc.

Interesting! Thanks user.