When was the last time you listened to Loveless?

When was the last time you listened to Loveless?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KQsdO8e8fwY
youtu.be/b6NGsbWF0vk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

somewhere around 2004

last month

Never listened to it, probably sucks like the rest of Sup Forumscore.

it does

a couple weeks ago. what you want and blown a wish are underrated.

couple days ago actually

ah yes, a nice upper patrician, keep shitting on noobs user

Yesterday. After listening to it for three years, I still don't get it and won't get into it.

I listened to this and I don't understand why people love it so much, even Scaruffi gave it a 9, but why? I like it and I think it's good, but calling this a masterpiece? I just don't get it, I'm crying right now

I'm just old m8

I literally DON'T get it. Like, at all. I listened to it once and I have no idea how other people can actually like it.

>I just don't get it
there's nothing to get. it's boring guitar-wankery

A few hours ago actually.

I don't even know, I love it but I can't explain why, this YouTube video does a pretty good job of explaining a lot of the appeal.

youtu.be/KQsdO8e8fwY

how bad are irish musicians?

simple well written pop songs with nice texture

about 6 months ago. listened like 5 times, loved to death and then forgot about it. doesn't feel like listening to it again soon

I literally don't even hear anything. It's just noise to me. Like I literally don't get it at all.

Just sounded like top 40 pop/dadrock to me. Massive circlejerk around this shitty album.

fair enough. you're just not into noisy music.

I didn't realize Loveless was so inaccessible until the album started to get spammed on Sup Forums and it seems that no one can wrap their head around it. I mean I don't even consider it to be really all that noisy anymore, it's rather soft compared to some other shoegaze and noise rock.

today my man, from the CD in my car

>tfw listening to Loveless on low volume

I'm on my 113th re-listen of Loveless. I noticed something...

...I noticed that this album is horrible and the band feels worse with every next track. The once vivid, vibrant sound feels dead. The individual songs have blended together in a disgusting amalgamation of pain and misery in my mind. Every morning I wake up to re-listen to Loveless and every night I cry myself to sleep. I stopped going to work to re-listen to Loveless. "It's ok" I'd tell myself. "Sleep... like a pillow... downward" I don't even know what that means. I don't understand anything. I could no longer pay rent so I moved to a low-cost, low-maintenance, derelic apartment downtown. Nobody here is educated enough to appreciate Loveless. Everyone is constantly drunk or high or both and the crime rate is only getting higher. I didn't have to cry in order to sleep today. I don't think I could even if I tried though. I've been eating nothing but soy beans and pasta sauce the past 2 months. I lost count of the days. I think my mother visited me. She was at the door and I said "Come In Alone" and started laughing maniacally. I think I scared her off. I don't know how long ago that was. Time for me now is counted in re-listens to Loveless. "Belinda Butcher only listened to this album 15 times. She doesn't understand. I understand. Sleep like a pillow downwards." I've grown sickly and malnurished. I can no longer stand up. Every day I wake up and can barely move. I put my copy of Loveless on the coffee table with my MP3 player next to me so that I can listen to it faster every time I wake up. I've lost all my will to live. I want it all to end. I can't move my mouth but I want to scream and cry and tear this album CD and the stupid album art leaflet to shreds. I love Loveless. I hate Loveless. I want it all to end. I miss the world. I miss my family. I hate this goddamn album! I hate myself! How did I let it all come to this?
So how are you guys enjoying your re-listen of Loveless? :-D

I remember playing this to a mate who was coming down off pills. I didn't really like the record, having bought it a few years previously, but he loved it.

which RYM user wrote this?

What do you listen to now, old man?

I listened through I only said today on the way to wokr

Right now.

TAP TAP TAP TAP
VRRRRRRRRRRR VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Last nite. Was comfy

Probably 1-2 years ago, it only clicked with me after watching Lost in Translation like 7 years ago with Sometimes on the soundtrack, so I downloaded the soundtrack then bought Loveless on CD, definitely one of my favourites.
Also LiT soundtrack had this Kevin Shields track that I love:
youtu.be/b6NGsbWF0vk
Don't hesitate to call me a faggot

I've only listened to the first track. Not really my thing.

I saw them live 2013
my ears hurt really bad after that 20 minute noise holocaust

"Guitar-wankery" is probably the last thing you can accuse this album of being

Three years ago. Got utterly bored of the album once it's production gimmick wore off.

I vacuumed my room yesterday.

Several years ago. Love it but played it to death and no real compulsion to revisit it.

upboat

Now

It's just good melodies that feel transcendent. Favourite album of mine.

About 2 months ago I listened to Loveless