Life's short and there are lots of films to watch. What's your play speeds bros? For me it's 2x for flicks, 1...

Life's short and there are lots of films to watch. What's your play speeds bros? For me it's 2x for flicks, 1.5 for films and 1.20-1.25x for kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/53766925
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not watching your kino at .85 speed to savor every frame

I like really spending time with a motion picture and getting absorbed into it's world.

For flicks, I'd keep it around 0.95x. Films I'll adjust on the fly, fluctuating between 0.7 to 0.9x. Kino can drop to as low as 0.4x, and soar as fast as 1.1x. It depends of the director.

I know you guys are memeing but there is no reason to not watch a flick on 1.3 imagine how many hours you save a week. Plus it isn't annoying. Your brain gets used to the faster movie. Very soon I can turn the speed up even further until my brain is so fast everything happens in slow motion in real life

Is this bait? Why would anyone do this? Is this the face of autism?

1.3x is objectively the best

>watching kino for the frames

1.1x for normal viewing experiences, literally no discernable difference. A lot of TV at 1.2-3x

2x for flicks watching two at the same time
1.5x for movies while shitposting
1x for films making notes
0.5 for kino rewatching it at least twice, first upside down, second with the eyes closed and on mute
I've been trying to develop a new formula to find the best way to watch a motion picture, and it's like speed = sen(time)^-q, in which q is a coefficient related to the quality of the director.

2x for flicks watching two at the same time
1.5x for movies while shitposting
1x for films making notes
0.5 for kino rewatching it at least twice, first upside down, second with the eyes closed and on mute
I've been trying to develop a new formula to find the best way to watch a motion picture, and it's like speed = sen(time)^-q, in which q is a coefficient related to the quality of the director.

wew

.90 for everything.

Who /takin'itallin/, here?

H I V E M I N D

I

V

E

M

I

N

D

Fuck I aint even near this level of patrician

>anything other than 1.0x

• 4x for flicks, as many as I can fit on my dual-monitor at the same time(up to 8).
• 2x for movies.
1x for films.
• .66x for kinos, take at least one five minute interlude per session to digest. Don't watch any type of visual media for three days after.
• .50x for pure kinos, same as above multiplied by two.

What about joints? Do you just avoid them altogether?

i watch at intended speed

Oh and I usually convert any kino to black and white, add some noise, and a vignette.
Foods:
•Flicks - Skittles, Pepsi, Cosmic Cake.
•Movies - Doritos, Cheetos, that $1 chips that has cheddar and hot flavor, Coke.
•Films - whatever's for dinner/supper if it's good and hot, Dr. Pepper.
•Kino - KFC 5 for $5, Dr. Pepper, best dinner/supper.
•Pure kinos - fast for at least 2 days before. Only drink 9.0 pH water in that period.

>implying you even really saw the kino unless you watched it a 0.25 speed

Max plebs

I turn off all the lights, mute the audio, turn off the colors, slow it down to 0.0100x. Reading the lips you can truly hear there voice and understand there character. You let each frame burn into your mind, while this is happening I lightly touch myself, craddling my balls like the director would want. I then close my eyes, bite my lip ever so softly, imaging the rich dialouge enter my brain. Light stroking the shaft as each scene changes. Once it's over I sit in silence and let the cinéma I just saw wash over me.

Did this with Lawrence of Arabia. Best two weeks of my life.

>not .10
fucking plebs

>intended speed
what did he mean by this?

Kek

>no crab legs and your falcon with you in movies
DROPPED

>eyes closed and on mute

Fucking kek

What formula do you guys use to determine a motion picture's kinographic value? I prefer the Roman method.

>slow it down to 0.0100x
>Did this with Lawrence of Arabia. Best week of my life.

It would take 15 and a half days to watch Lawrence of Arabia at 0.0100x speed you lying fuck

Who are you quoting?

>Taking memes literally

He said two weeks, you fucking retard.
Learn to fucking read before you post on Sup Forums, you newfag fucking twat.

I watch foreign dubs of English language films with English subtitles so I can feel like a real cinephile.

wrong. Unless it's for critical analysis for a project or an article or perhaps your own version of editing/study. You have no business meddling with an artists/director/editor's vision.
correct

The rest of you should be ashamed of yourselves. I'm not joking.

>falling for memes this hard

Kill yourself

>not recognizing anti-memes

How can such a large muscular man look so much like a faggot?

you're such a loser holy shit

Have you actually seen the image unless youve stared at it for at least 10 uninterrupted minutes?

post ironic artistic threads like these are what turn Sup Forums into a cesspool of actual retards

saying that there's only one speed for movies is like saying there's a set amount of time you should look at each individual painting in a museum.

Great observation, reddit.

Nah it's classic chan

Hi newfag

I usually go with 1.5x

Though if ive been drinking or high then 2.5x for an action/adventure movie can be fun

you say that, but you're most likely underage /r/Sup Forums users screen capturing this thread

It's okay to be reddit

>not manually pressing the "next frame" button throughout the entire movie
so this is what its like to be emperor console of rome and watching the plebs battle in the arena...

I don't mess with the speed, I just do the following: if I'm interested in a movie, and honestly there aren't a lot of those, I watch it in normal speed. If it's really exciting, I keep watching. If I get a little bored, I browse Sup Forums or do something else while watching. If I straight out don't like it, I stop watching.
I think you will find that you save much more life time this way than wasting 45-60 minutes watching flicks

include me in the screencap

lel, do plebbitors do this?

By then it's probably seen you.

post ironic would mean that they actually do it

Poes Law

>Not recognizing anti-anti-memes.

that post inquires me to ponder

go faggot yourself, that is all.

vimeo.com/53766925

>not superimposing 1x on top of -1x to reveal themes of duality, linguistics, and disruptive innovation

Underage b& and/or low IQ b& and/or ADD b&

Fucking asshole fascists and your bullshit film speed "standards".

I watch things anywhere from .87-2.2x speed, sometimes up to 5 if i have work in the morning. Stop acting like everyone has to obey your film speed (((limits)))

I watch my kino at the speed of light (and so do you)

Odd the mother looks a little off.
Still looks like shes doing a good job.
Keep it up.

>Sup Forums memes

Only way to watch [citation needed]

Seriously though I watch a lot of Youtube talking head type stuff at 1.5x - 2x

I often watch vaporwave videos on youtube at those speeds

I wonder if this is part of why Sup Forums tends to be unable to comprehend the movies they watch and make an accurate judgement on if a movie is good.

mein negro

I love messing around with songs after I get bored of them to see if they sound better sped up

lol I was memeing, it would be like listening to the original songs instead of vaporwave

Oh I wasn't really thinking of vaporwave, but yeah I guess I'm dumb

an equilibrium of opposing reflection

I made a graph when I first started considering speedwatching. At 1.2x currently and I'm trying to work my way up to 1.4x though it varies show to show. There's no reason you shouldn't be watching at at least 1.1x as it's hardly noticeable and gives you the most time saved as each additional increment of .1x gives diminishing returns.

i just read the wiki page on films and call it good.

Watching anything on a speed other than 1.0x is autistic and also a bit gay

>you will never be this patrish

What's this webm from?

I thought I'd never see this pasta ever again.

You tell me

Pretty sure it's from Bateman Begins

>For me it's 2x for flicks, 1.5 for films and 1.20-1.25x for kino.

If you are doing this ironically you are doing it wrong

I don't watch anything i only come here to shitpost so that would make it 0x

I've literally never heard of this before

Breaking kayfabe for a minute. You think we actually take falcons and crabs legs to movie theaters, don't you?

Can you say with 100% certainty that every other poster is joking?

Okay no, for serious though

If you're more concerned with the quantity of the media you watch as opposed to the quality, there's something horribly wrong with your priorities as a viewer.

unless its a deleted scene, thats not in the movie.

Then what is it?

1.5x regardless
4 videos per screen, each playing in their own instanced version of my own custom media player
3 monitors in my private home theater complete with its own imax quality projector
4 screens total, 5 counting my smart phone, 6 counting my tablet, 7 counting my laptop

I have seen EVERY video, movie, flick, kino, joint, film, short story, anime, animated kino, tv show, miniseries, and every major sporting event that has been recorded.

Now I keep my 10 Petabyte home server stocked with only the prime choices, with every device in my home randomly playing 4 videos.

>implying you got access to Bateman Begins
it was pretty exclusive, whoever leaked that webm is probably dead by now

Newfag here do you actually do this unironically?

OF COURSE!