Sup Forums still hasn't recovered

Sup Forums still hasn't recovered.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
letterboxd.com/dominoparker/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How could they? The film single-handedly obliterated the entire alt-right movement.

I bet it really wasn't even that good. I read that it really didn't do anything new

Also post ur guys letterbox and favorite redd sub's so we can chat later about this shitty webzone and also meet up later for a coffee or sex (if ur gay like me og op)

I felt like it was missing a scene like pic related.

this

fpbp

>rotten tomatoes
>critics journalists and media in 2013+3
'nope'

Member chewbacca?

member storm troopers?

Lol cry harder

I heard it was a "glib facsimile", apparently.

just rewatched it last night. such a shit movie. rey is shit, poe and finns friendship is horribly done, leia isnt leia anymore, too many contrivances, and luke looks like shit

youre the one who seems to be crying the movie is completely forgettable.

>once again
>journalism is worthless

It was better than the originals. Seriously watch the original trilogy. It makes even less sense and the dialogue and characters are complete crap. You're comparing this movie to your imagination of the first movies where they're much better than they actually were.

Holy crap you're right, I just tried watching ANH and it was terrible, like watching a shitty 80's sitcom or something. Why do people still praise them? It's 2016, find a new franchise to obsess over ffs

kek episode vii is even worse

Anyone from Sup Forums saw this movie at least two times, and most of them absolutly loved it. So, really, there is nothing to recover from.

wrongo

>loving a movie where the main character is literally a bag of shit and cannot act at all
>neo Sup Forums

Fuck you

This is completely wrong newfag

>is literally a bag of shit and cannot act at all
Trim that neckbeard, senpai. The world is a nice place. Really.

I think we've always known we're grossly outnumbered by redditors and nu-males who love marvel flicks

daisy ridley is a terrible actress regardless of how poorly written her character is, im sorry you put up with watching her

>daisy ridley is a terrible actress
Keep telling yourself this. I bet you think Boyega is a "terrible actress", too.

>the world is a nice place

>getting this buttblasted over the force awakens
JJ?

>buttblasted
I don't think you actually know what that means.

>just rewatched
>what a shit

You're the only shit here, shit face.

You're right, I still haven't recovered from how much Disney raped Star Wars.

>replying in 40 seconds
>not hamblasted

>daisy ridley is a terrible actress

So was Mark Hammil. Doesn't mean the movie wasn't awesome.

>have the thread up
>see someone reply
>reply back to them
You're not making much sense with your accusations.

>So was Mark Hammi

18+

>daisy ridley apologists
KEK this is reddit incarnate

Boyega managed to sell Finn to the plebs just off charisma but Finn himself was a pathetically written shit character.

Get a fucking life bro

Hamill understood the correct facial expressions to convey his character. Daisy didn't.

Daisy Riddick sucks. Episode 7 was great.

I've watched in 30 times. I got laid on 2 separate first dates after watching it.

lol

DAISY RIDLEY
youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes

>i refuse to argue against anons points so ill just post a meme image

good job user

>Hamill understood the correct facial expressions

Hammil was better, I'll give you that.

But Star Wars Episode VI The Force Awakens was like, really good, man.

It was a horrible shill season for shit movies. The Mouse is fucking Satan.

that sounds like a personal problem if you cant get laid to anything else besides star wars

this

enjoy your aids

see
it was really really really bad

>so was mark hammil
2/10, I responded.... (YOU) as it were.

>LOL DAISY RIDLEY HAD A GREAT CHARACTER
>ridley cant into facial expression
>TFA novel has rey give into anger and BTFO kylo
>tfa movie shows none of that

this movie was garbage

I wish i was 17 again

>literal daisy fags think the force awakens is good
I would laugh but its actually sad as fuck, what kind of shit life do you have to have to waifu her

>personal problem

It is. I made love to my girlfriend with the youtube video of the Star Wars soundtrack playing and it was the best, most epic, sex I've ever had.

>lotr reaction image
>sopranos reaction image
ok reddit i get it

>it's not supposed to be an original story, it's a SOFT REBOOT
More like a shameless rehash and cash-grab.

>It's setting up the rest of the series!
"Fund this movie if you want the movie where something actually happens." Pure cancer.

this

Nice projection there. Are you upset at your own life to where you assume everyone else's is bad to make yourself feel better?

>e-everything I don't like reddit!!!!
You seem obsessed.

>"Fund this movie if you want the movie where something actually happens." Pure cancer.

I agree that J.J. Abrams is a terrible writer, but the movie was still great.

Kill yourself faggot. Sup Forums has always loved the sopranos.

>posting the most predictable daisy photo
truly hilarious

and so has every crack addict and pleb alive

Daisyposters are cancer.

The whole things just shoots by too fast, without even a moment to take stock of what's happening.

Luke leaves Tattooine nearly an hour in to the movie and is subject to no action scenes (though Obi-Wan saves him from some Arabs).

Ma-Rey Sue leaves Jakkoooooo 35 minutes in to the movie, and has two action scenes (chase and flight, as well as beating up two thugs because SO STRONG).

Also:
>Finn: How did you do that?
>Rey: I DON'T KNOW

Script writer literally admitting he has no idea why she was able to do what she did.

>The world is a nice place. Really.

>ask orange butthole eye how to explain shit
>thats a story for another time

jj had no idea what to fucking do. he couldve made hux intro thrawn but his dumbass cant into movies

this

*tips fedora*

>great
I honestly enjoyed the first 2/3rds, and it was entertaining, but definately not great.
It was a half-hearted, vague nod to everything star wars with hammy acting.
>Ok Rey, give me 'watery eyes'...Bravo
>dat 'tryhard' evil...dude I'm evil lmao
>leia organa...enough said

Why is she so cute bros?

Butthurt Marvel numale.

They fucked up the First Order so bad.

They wanted them to be super threatening, then made the faces of it a wash-out.

Which is weird since they won. The "Resistance" might have destroyed the Death Star but the First Order had already destroyed their main enemy. The seat of the New Republic is gone and the various worlds are leaderless and fractured.

Making Phasma a traitor and a wimp, Hux a screaming lunatic, and Kylo Ren a tantrum-throwing manchild doesn't take away from this.

letterboxd.com/dominoparker/
/r/politics

>Kylo Ren
How does one get so high up in the evil ranks being a whiny, pouting manchild?
If i were a lower ranking sith, i'd call him out on his weakness by killing him. Doesn't Sheev 2.0 sense this?
>he has to hurt himself to build enough anger to use the dark force...lmao
>he can be hurt

>They wanted them to be super threatening, then made the faces of it a wash-out.

They're supposed to be scary like a radical school shooter but they're not meant to be super competent or rational. They're deliberately written to be the idiot children of the Empire's remnant desperately trying to cling onto the glory of the "good old days" they didn't actually experience because it helps them make up for their own inferiority complexes and insecurities.

Kylo Ren should have been totally badass, but in his confrontation with Solo then take his mask off to play off their sympathy, just to get close to them.

I think that's what they were trying to get across with the "thank you" thing before he pushed Han off the bridge (no handrails?), but what led up to that didn't make it clear.

The lengths and straws people will go to and grab at to defend this shitty film simply because it's the new Star Wars and has a female lead never cease to amaze me.

>lol they're meant to be shit

No one bought that excuse with the Prequels when it came to the Jedi and Republic, no one should buy it now with the First Order.

>but what led up to that didn't make it clear.

What the fuck wasn't clear? Kylo Ren's arc is pretty fucking unsubtle, dude. He wants to be the big bad badass Sith Lord, is failing miserably at it because he knows he's a monster, and thinks diving off the deep end and murdering his last connection to his humanity will make him the stone cold badass he wants to be, but he fails at that too.

>Movie felt way too short
>So many plotholes such as how the Empire were able to build a massive Death Star carved into a planet in only 30 years when all the Empire were defeated
>Movie should have begun when Kylo was dropped off at Luke's Jedi Academy: as we get to know him more and why he joined the dark side but of course due to JJ wanting to make an absolute copy of A New Hope: we had to begin the movie with Kylo in the mask and Stormtroopers massacring an area just like A New Hope begins
>Rey is a Mary Sue: absolutely makes no sense with how she knows everything about the force; is able to do Jedi mind tricks without anyone teaching her... if JJ filmed a scene with her reading a book about the Jedi myths or about Han explaining to her about the force then it would have all made sense - only way for it to now make sense is if Rey is a reincarnation of Anakin which explains why all powers come easy to her
>Luke would never abandon all his friends and become a hermit (again JJ is doing this just so Episode 8 is exactly like ESB with Rey going to be trained with a Yoda like wise Jedi).
>Why the fuck does Rey need to be trained? She is a Mary Sue who knows everything? She almost beat a Sith Lord (who cares if he was injured).
>The lack of Prequel content (such as no prequel planet ever mentioned) disturbed me greatly

I get it, he's torn.
For someone so conflicted, he sure does have a great aptitude for the force when he needs it. I doubt he would've been able to lift the x-wing out of the swamp though.

>lol they're meant to be shit

Not what I was saying, you fucking retard. Stop judging the merits of fictional characters based on how "omg so badass" they are, that's how fucking children think

>The lack of Prequel content (such as no prequel planet ever mentioned) disturbed me greatly

Stopped reading there

>hurr durr I'm a dumbshit prequelbabby who thinks the Force is power levels and I need everything explained to me through exposition or I don't get it

If you enjoy the prequels as a guilty pleasure or a nostalgia trip, that's fine, but people who unironically pretend they're good are fucking delusional

they are just as bad as episode vii

tfa fucked the concept of the force.

The worst you can say about TFA is that it's derivative, it's still a competently written, directed and acted movie, which the prequels are not.

>complete proof that critics will never grow a pair and write a real review that would make them an outcast
there are some movies and franchises that will make you an outsider immediately if you dont like that or call it on its faults so why would you

the movie has alot of glaring flaws that warrant serious questioning, the movie is decent at best but the aggregation of nostalgia reviews makes it an inflated number

They need to showcase her "assets" more in 8.

The prequels are 10/10 written fine with all its story. Only problem is some of the cheap CGI and the acting that needed fixing up

I think everyone stopped reading there, it being the last sentence

no it isnt stop sprouting that bullshir ive seen you do it before. the directing and acting is shit and the writing is worse. do you even know what you are talking about its the most cliche directing thing disney has ever made. and thst goes with the writing

Really? If anything, it stripped away the excessive bullshit of the prequels and the EU and basically brought it back to the simple explanation Obi-Wan gave in ANH - it's an energy field that connects all living things and if you believe in it and put your trust in it, you can overcome anything.

People who bitch about "hurr durr muh training how did Rey beat Kylo" are people who have been poisoned by the Phantom Menace and KOTOR>

>completely written, has some serious plot holes and bad characterization

it is better than the prequels though, but I liked liam neeson alot more than either finn or rey

>The prequels are 10/10 written fine with all its story. Only problem is some of the cheap CGI and the acting that needed fixing up

Plz tell me this B8 or delusion. Stupidity on this level just cant be real.

episode vii is written worse you autist, not him btw

How is "written worse"?

and no, Rey not fitting into your videogame headcanon of the force being experience points isn't "bad writing", when people refer to "writing" within the context of filmmaking they generally mean the script+dialogue, and TFA is objectively better written than the prequels in that regard, simply because it doesn't have lines like "I don't like sand" and "I wish I could just wish my feelings away"

>videogame headcanon

It's well established in the classic trilogy that you need training to become skilled in using the force. tfa didn't give a fuck about that.

wtf are you smoking?

theres glaring plot holes in tfa that are suppossedly explaimed in some fucking book, to say nothing of zero character development or explaination for motivations. Its a giant nostalgia shit sandwhich and that you dont see that neans youre another stupid fucking American. Poor poor thing.

>Sup Forums is so pathetic they derive personality from not liking popular things.
If any of you is over 20, seek professional help.

"droid please" I should have walked out right then

>which moofmilker put a ____ on the ______
>IM SORRY I FEEL IT AGAIN, THE PULL TO THE LIGHT
>rey may the force be with you
>and drop your weapon! lolz
>and drop my weapon lolz
>theres always a way to do that, hans right
>literally everything rey says
>almost everything kylo says
>almost everything han says
>orange exposition about nothing new bitch
need i go on