Is there any movie where the main character changes?

Is there any movie where the main character changes?
where we are following one character and then half way through the movie we follow another.
And I'm not talking about two diferent stories, the characters must be related somehow and we see them together some times on the film.
Anyway thanks and sorry for my shitty english if I made any mistakes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DFKJIxRsg04
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dunno Anakin going full dark side in Ep III?

Alien.

I think what you're looking for is called the "False Protagonist."

Pulp Fiction is the primary one (three overlapping stories), but there was a Korean movie named "Chungking Express" where the main character/story literally changes right in the middle.

Happy viewing.

Psycho
Lost Highway

A place beyond the pines.

I know that in one of your sentences you resist the idea (of a hard break between characters, or aspects of a character), but in the other you clealry ask for the same. so here's what:

Lost Highway.

>Lost Highway
>Different characters
Just different actors user.

Psycho is a good answer!

But it's a been a while. Was Bates the main character in the second half, or one of the people looking for Janet Leigh?

>dat relief when the car finally sinks

Godzilla 2014

To a point Full metal jacket although Joker is the narrator tbroughout

The movie "Twenty Bucks" stars /our guy/ Brendan "JFMSU" Fraser follows a 20 dollar bill as it passes from person to person. Multiple shifting characters and stories.
youtu.be/DFKJIxRsg04

>false protagonist
Not entirely but thanks for the term, I didn't know it

I watched both. Pulp Fiction has several stories with several characters and Chungkin Express are two separated stories iirc
Thanks anyway

I never watched any Hitchcock I'm always posposing it to watch all of his movies at once (because autism) and never find the time. Thanks.

Maybe I didn't described it well.
My idea of a 'main character' is that when the director follows him through the movie. We see him waking up, making breakfast, eating, everything from his perspective. The a second appears in the movie, he arrives at the house, we didn't see him coming, he just arrives. What I want is a movie where this second character leaves the house and we follow him now. And the first one stays in the house and we don't know what he's doing.

Sounds good thanks

Snatch is a single story told from the point of view of different characters who meet at some points in the srory

the nightmare on elm street remake. it starts off following blondie then after she dies it follows rooney Mata for the rest of the movie

Chunkig Express

Somebody Up There Likes Me

Full Metal Jacket

yea I've seen it but it's like Pulp Fiction or Magnolia or Crash. They start with a character and then skip to another and then to another and then they come back to the first one and so on.
I was looking for something more "simple", not sure how to described it

not interested in the genre but thanks anyway for the spoiler

thanks, there are two though 2012 or 1956?

No Country For Old Men?

2012 with Nick Offerman

The Homesman.

Anthology movies like Creepshow.

this ;_;

If we're talking false protagonist, No County for Old Men is a major example

The Leftovers does this, but it's a series. Still, there are plentt of focus episodes and many of those end up revealing crucial details of the over-arching plot.

As far as film, it's pretty rare. I'm looking through my DVD collection and can't find anything that really fits ypur criteria. Maybe something where the main character dies in the middle but the movie keepa going? Lol

OP here.. I'm leaving thanks everyone this was useful

lel yeah I was too specific maybe but still I'm gonna watch some of user's recs

that's law and order in a nutshell

Executive Decision

Doom.

I honestly didn't see it coming either, and the movie always will get points for that.

Psycho.
Lost Highway, sort of...

>Pulp Fiction is the primary one
You are a retard and an abomination.

False. Lost Highway is a single protagonist experiencing multiple dreams of a life not on death row. Did you even watch it faggot?

>The Double Life of VĂ©ronique

A fair few horror feels almost do this, where the more stronger/dominant characters are front and centre, and then are killed or removed, leaving a weaker and more "unexpected" character to become the focus. Green Room kinda does that since Anton McHandbrake is a complete pussy for the bulk of the movie and then goes full Ash towards the end

Can't think of any outright movies on the top of my head, seems to be more popular in vidya though.

>but there was a Korean movie named "Chungking Express
Is this pleb serious?

Joker's the protag in the sequel to the novel too so the Gomer Pyle stuff is just Kubrick extending a scene's story like Cimino in The Deer Hunter with the wedding.

More like Big Lipped Aligator scene than False Protagonist.

This. Gosling kino

cloud atlas