Does anyone here actually like the Beatles?

Does anyone here actually like the Beatles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c-Cr-rUFUis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like them but the beach boys are better in every conceivable way.

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

They're the best band of all time and Rubber Soul to Abbey Road is probably the greatest streak in rock. So yes, I do.

You only think that because you're american

Literally nobody likes the Beatles.

I like them because they are better.

This

Never gets old.

Haha

Ha

You only think the Beatles are better because you're not American

this is the only correct post, rubber soul to abbey road is a streak that no one has ever matched

They would've been over if Smile came out in 1967.

jeans halfway down your feet
8 yr old detected

The Beach Boys would be as good as the Beatles if pet sounds was about 3x better and they made 5 of them.

I like Pet Sounds a lot but this is spot on.

don't you mean The Beastles

I feel like I'm the only user to recognize the significance of this band. The Beatles are talented but overrated, causing a lot of other emerging British bands to be hidden down the charts :(

these

Drink more water

Exactly.

why does it matter when smile came out? People like Sup Forums have this ridiculous tendency of judging the merit of albums more on their cultural impact or what year they came out, rather than the music they contain

>was about to crack a joke
>check the filename

Well done user, but you still have poor taste.

Rain should've been on Revolver god damnit

but yes the beatles were amazing in their prime

No. Not even close.

David Bowie and Bruce Springsteen have the best album streaks.

>judging music on technological and cultural circumstances
>ridiculous

Good one. Smile was a much more complex album and was recorded at the same time The Beatles were recording Sgt. Pepper.

Probably the same fags that listen to nirvana or beefheart's autistic screeching

LOVE THEM!
They NEVER put out a bad record either U.S. or British catalogue!!

Go to HELL you Scruffy wop!

I AM SOMEBODY!
You're a REAL NOWHERE MAN!

Over? No!
But Smile would've given Sgt. Pepper a good run for it's money if it had been released on schedule. This much I think we can agree on.

Up until 1967 The Kinks certainly held their own with The Beatles. The only problem with The Kinks were the became quintessentially TOO British for Americans to understand. They still had their Yank fans who followed them to the very end, though.

Yes, and so should'e Paperback Writer. Many will agree. And they should've left For No One OFF the album!

>In B4 "John Lennon beat his wife" meme shitposting cancer

It's a simple fact. No other normie meme band actually lives up to the hype like the Beatles do. They're not overrated or underrated, they're accurately rated as World-Class, Once-in-a-Century Talent. And they came along at the right time.

and because Sup Forums told him this

>thinking I hadn't already heard of the beach boys and the fucking beatles before coming to mu

We aren't all as sheltered as you friend.

You're not funny.

its called reading too much scaruffi and believing his rating system = personal value of music

this is actually an understatement, because it doesn't account for the fact that the Beatles' first 6 albums are also masterful on a level that the early beach boys albums did not approach, despite scattered great tracks like "in my room"

I wasn't trying to be.
I'm as serious as a fucking heart attack, and don't ever forget it.

yes

still not funny. but what were really saying is that your upbeat jittery way of typing sentences is annoyingly awful and preferably not to have to have been dealt with here

I should start listenening to them

>Bowie

imo, no

Did you guys know that John Lennon beat his wife?

good man

I agree user.
Reading Springsteen's autobiography atm. Really interesting stuff. He seems like a great guy too, very humble.

>if it's popular, I must hate it.

>first time browsing Sup Forums
>assume they hate everything that's popular
>assume they despise the beatles most of all
>be right

For a board that claims to have obscure refined tastes, you're all an extremely predictable and boring bunch.

Wow, it's almost as if they rose above the competition because they're better

Woah.

I've actually never listened to one of their albums before.

Seething.

Back to rebbit kiddo

youtube.com/watch?v=c-Cr-rUFUis

TY I needed this. Have a good day :)

This.

Smile > Pet Sounds > Revolver... in my humble opinion.

see?

predictable.

Yawn.

What
Sgt. Peppers is a great fucking album. Lurk moar you newfag

The Mothers Of Invention's entire discography (excluding Ruben) shits so hard on this it's not even funny.

I like the Beatles, you are a salty autist who needs to go back to Sup Forums

beach boys made 1 good album while the beatles made 5-6 great albums

only hipsters and contrarians like them more than the beatles

>Beach fags actually believe this

I like the Mothers but I still think the Beatles are untouchable

>What does overrated mean????

Freewheelin to blonde on blonde is really close.

Dylan has some of the best streaks.

I don't think so. Song to song, album to album, there's a reason critics and listeners keep ranking The Top Three as:
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
The Who

Pet Sounds > The Beatles, but the more consistent quality of The Beatles discography surely puts them above The Beach Boys.

The who are fucking garbage. People call them hero's for smashing instruments pete townsend cant play guitar for shit. Most english people hate them

The who were also sellouts at 1969 Woodstock, demanding more money.