mega.nz/#F!dokFRSTa!ExGpvNBgn6lbL4rgF-d3KQ
imgur.com/a/7k7Sw
pastebin.com/RXP80z0f(embed)
archive.org/details/davidwnivenjazz
mega.nz/#F!fNdmVR7B!9a5sgVwyqqC3i3j9ooJGLg(jazz
mega.nz/#F!vZUVwQAR!nye_-wRwFbm-0Q3DYivQBg(Collection
mega.nz/#F!ncdz0CpY!7RKQ_SY6OI77NcKS64t4UA(Collection
mega.nz/#F!WcEEmbIJ!YGcPWrZAx4K9Jf4TVnsb_w
rateyourmusic.com/list/warpigcat/allan_holdsworth___i_knew_that_he_plays_on_many_albums_but_look_here____/
youtube.com/watch?v=9QeIgsBQTHQ
mixcloud.com/DubbelDee/mojazz-180-canadian-jazz/
mixcloud.com/maxvibes/deep-jazz-from-canada/
youtube.com/watch?v=L_XJ_s5IsQc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Essential Jazz:
mega.nz/#F!ZlJynagS!Jpnh5wBF4zcvBXLpxH2p4A
Essential Jazz-Fusion:
mega.nz/#F!dokFRSTa!ExGpvNBgn6lbL4rgF-d3KQ

>Sup Forums jazz guides and charts
imgur.com/a/7k7Sw

>releases, reviews and news
pastebin.com/RXP80z0f(embed)

>music downloads
archive.org/details/davidwnivenjazz

>historical resources
mega.nz/#F!fNdmVR7B!9a5sgVwyqqC3i3j9ooJGLg(jazz books)
mega.nz/#F!vZUVwQAR!nye_-wRwFbm-0Q3DYivQBg(Collection of Blue Note liner notes)
mega.nz/#F!ncdz0CpY!7RKQ_SY6OI77NcKS64t4UA(Collection of 1960’s Down Beat Scans)

>jazz theory and playing resources
mega.nz/#F!WcEEmbIJ!YGcPWrZAx4K9Jf4TVnsb_w

this record has been helping with a really tough few weeks in my life.

also, is that nip cartoon any good, ive been looking for a good nip cartoon.

Not sure if you've seen it, but Kids on the Slope was good.

is stella by starlight the most beautiful song name

No, Ida Lupino by paul bley is.

that's ace attorney, boy

not a nip cartoon but a nip video game series from capcom (though there is an anime adaptation)

all games have amazing soundtracks btw. would recommend.

t h i s

It was fun. Honestly a great selection of songs to make use of in the series.

That ending, though.

This was really fun.

Are there any more free jazz albums that have a strong Vibes presence?

Out to Lunch if you havent heard it.

Does anyone unironically like Free Jazz? It's the Picasso of music. Talented people making a mess and calling it fine art.

This bait is so obvious it hurts me

Have you read the manga that follows the anime ending? I think it tied it up nicely with one last jam session with everyone.

rec stereotypical decadent jazz, you know, alcohol, cigarettes, sadness

Just watched La La Land

Loved it

What other jazz fusion should I check out if I like Hot Rats, Billy Cobham, Snarky Puppy, Weather Report and Allan Holdsworth?

Free jazz is great to listen to when you're out running, keeps your mind occupied

pewdiepie

What?

It was like they were still listening to jazz all that time and wanted to do fusion instead of hard bop :'o

Here's something for you:
rateyourmusic.com/list/warpigcat/allan_holdsworth___i_knew_that_he_plays_on_many_albums_but_look_here____/
Sun Ra, Al Di Meola, Joe Henderson, Nucleus and John Abercrombie may interest you too.

Return to Forever- Light as a Feather
Tony Williams - Emergency!
Alain Goraguer – La Planète Sauvage

>random bursts of sound with no direction whatsoever are considered music now
Jazz fans are the worst

u know what

Who are your top three jazz messengers?

>Wayne Shorter
>McCoy Tyner
>Woody Shaw

Speaking of Hot Rats, what other Zappa jazz albums are worth checking out? Jazz From Hell is pretty good but it doesn't really have as much of a theme or cohesion as Hot Rats does

uncle meat

How did you end up here Montie?

Ayo this shit wack y'all!

FUCK YOU

Is there any genre more overrated than jazz?

your mom

Jazz: when you don't have talent but want to show everyone how much you've practiced

Trio of Doom and Pat Metheny- Bright Size Life

m'gentlemen
youtube.com/watch?v=9QeIgsBQTHQ

>Listening to jazz in 2017

>fucking reddit normies in my /jazz/ bread

Does Canadian jazz even exist? This thought has never even crossed my mind until a few minutes ago.

yes, it's relatively obscure though

check these mixes out for some:
mixcloud.com/DubbelDee/mojazz-180-canadian-jazz/
mixcloud.com/maxvibes/deep-jazz-from-canada/

Oscar Peterson, Paul Bley, Kenny Wheeler, and Seamus Blake are all Canadian

It's called avant-poutine.

I want whatever drugs your on. Uncle Meat is so not a jazz album. Influence and elements are there, but calling it a jazz album like Hot Rats is almost comical.

Is there another June Christy album as good as this? Any other albums of her worth checking out?

If not, any other rec(s)? Her voice is great.

Every edm/idm microgenre
Punk
Metal
Rock

She looks like the sort of singer who must have really naff versions of Sunday, Summertime and My Funny Valentine in her discog.

These are all great compared to the mindless wankery that is jazz.

T. Brainlet

I did not know.

Am I a pleb for thinking A Love Supreme and Karma are amazing?

t. I listen to music that I don't like in order to seem more sophisticated

Don't project too hard user. You'll throw your back out.

bandzinga!

bley seems to be the only popular one

no

I have not, but I probably should.

However, music manga always just makes me wish for an anime adaptation; you can't really get the musical storytelling like when they were playing Blowin' Away the Blues in that club in a manga.

imagine being BORING enough to dislike jazz buncha boring fucks

If you think they're similar, then possibly. ALS is widely considered a classic for good reason. People sing it's praises all the time around here and elsewhere tho.

Karma isn't on the same level imo, but I think Sanders gets across the feeling and atmosphere he wanted. Jazz fans will often slag it cause Pharoah is a little ham fisted in his execution sometimes, but I think a lot of the charm of the album lies in that very unsophisticated playing and composing.

Sleep Dirt is basically just Hot Rats pt 2, though not as good. Also check out Waka Jawaka and The Grand Wazoo.

I didn't really like Waka. Problem with a lot of Zappa's jazz stuff lies in his style as a band leader. He's very authoritative. Jazz is supposed to be a group enterprise but he wanted everyone playing things exactly the way he liked. It takes players personalities out of their playing which is the whole point of jazz.
Hot Rats somehow shook off some of that feeling cause players got to stretch out in the improv.
Beefheart's performance is by far the best, he so didn't care about pleasing Frank and Frank was usually wise enough to not ask him to.

Some of my favorite fusion:
Return to Forever - Where Have I Known You Before
Herbie Hancock - Headhunters
Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame, Birds of Fire

Also, Jeff Beck and Santana both have a lot of good fusion-y stuff.

Imagine being boring enough to unironically listen to jazz and pretend to enjoy it. It blows my mind that some people waste their time on that crap

Then why did you click on the thread?

Just today realized I'd forgotten I wanted to listen to Mingus's stuff. I have Pithecanthropus Erectus and The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady, and Nostalgia in Times Square from the tribute band his wife maintains.

He's been the band leader for many a record, what are the must-hears?

That album should have been much better than just smooth jazz adaptations. The songs are still good on their own still so it's listenable, but pretty disappointing.

>pick up the trumpet
>set up my embochure
>clean sound
>do the same thing again
>ppfprptfptpfpp
>mfw shit randomly decides to just not work from time to time
Why is this instrument such bitch?

how long have you been playing
if you had real experience this would not happen

Yes I'm a beginner. Playing since may, and unfortunately can only play up to 1hr in the evening.
I know its about experience, but you'd think that after three months this shit wouldn't happen anymore. The mouthpiece is small but its like a whole fucking galaxy in there.
And its worse that after playing for like 15-20mins, I sometimes can literally do what I want and the sound comes out as I want it. I dont even need "my" embochure anymore.
And in the same sense, it also sometimes just stops working altogether.

I dont wanna be a quitter but its really frustrating sometimes.

you have to do long tones and slurs every day
lip muscles atrophy extremely quickly

You actually skipped the must-hears Blues&Roots, Mingus Ah Um, and Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus.

If you listen to jazz but have never played jazz yourself you should unironically kill yourself.

Yeah I know and I do that. And when it works then it works really well. I made good progress in terms of range and things to play and practice in general.
Its just that I'm doing what I always do and suddenly its shit. And I cant pinpoint the problem, because its what I did exactly 5mins ago and it worked perfectly.
And now my teacher is on tour and I'm dying here.

do buzzing exercises, get the arban and concone books

its just effort

>Tfw I want to join a jazz fusion ensemble but I'm shit at guitar

I'm so jelly when I look at ensembles like Snarky Puppy, they look like they're having such a blast.

youtube.com/watch?v=L_XJ_s5IsQc

I listen to so many different types of genres, from metal to pop, jazz and electronic that I barely even know where I want to go with my own guitar playing but jazz fusion seems like the most logical end point.

I-I played it in highschool sorry