Refugees will double Europe’s investment in them within 5 years – report

> Refugees who arrived to Europe last year will have such a positive impact on the economy that they are projected to make the continent almost twice the money spent on accommodating them in only five years, a groundbreaking new study says.

>Many are worried in Europe about the economic impact of hosting a large number of refugees fleeing war, but the benefits will far outweigh the disadvantages, according to Philippe Legrain, a former economic adviser to the president of the European Commission.

>“Investing one euro in welcoming refugees can yield nearly two in economic benefits within five years,” says the international study by the NGO Tent Foundation, which was set up to help refugees and the displaced.

>“The main misconception is that refugees are a burden – and that’s a misconception shared even by people who are in favor of letting them in, who think they’re costly but it’s still the right thing to do,” Legrain told the Guardian. “But that’s incorrect. While of course the primary motivation to let in refugees is that they’re fleeing death, once they arrive they can contribute to the economy.”
>Refugees will not only create more jobs, they will spur demand for products and services, as well as fill job gaps and increasingly contribute to tax revenues in the long term. At the same time, they won’t contribute to unemployment for native inhabitants and are unlikely to lead to a lowering of wages, the study finds.

>Legrain, currently a fellow at the London School of Economics, estimates that while it is true refugees will increase public debt by almost €69 billion ($77.8 billion) in the 2015-2020 period, they will also more than double GDP to €126.6 billion.

>So, while a short-term strain on public finances will be felt, a short-term increase in economic demand will also be experienced, acting as a fiscal stimulus in EU countries where demand is otherwise low.

source:rt.com/news/343394-eu-refugees-economy-report/

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

Sweden's been saying their """migrants""" will add value to their economy too for years now.

Any day now.

>they are projected to make the continent almost twice the money spent on accommodating them

Are they going to achieve this by grinding them up and turning them into fuel?

>a groundbreaking new study says.

Oh, a GROUNDBREAKING study, guess the science is settled then, refugees welcome.

>We of 'insert product' think 'insert product' is good for you.

Fuck off, NGO Tent Foundation. Of course their 'research' states that we should basically take more refugees. The problem is that these studies are a part of utopia-thinking: the only way we will get that money back is if all of them work. Which, quite frankly, is not going to happen.

It is almost like the situation with Greece: every politician said 'we will lend them some money and they will surely pay us back', which changed to 'we might see the money back in due time' to 'we are not going the money back'.

>How do we fix the economy?

I KNOW, LET'S HIRE ONE PERSON DIG A HOLE, THEN WE HIRE ANOTHER TO FILL IT

GENIUS, PERPETUAL MONEY MACHINE

>When refugees go about spending their earnings, “they boost demand for the people who produce the goods and services they consume,” the study says.

>“And they also create jobs for people in complementary lines of work. For instance, refugees who become construction workers create jobs for locals who are supervisors or sell building supplies.”

Fuuucking retards

I'm certain those screaming doctors and exploding engineers will return huge dividends for the meme market.

Fill your folders now, those memes will put your great great great grandkids through preschool (until the state marries them off to a muslim)

>I KNOW, LET'S HIRE ONE PERSON DIG A HOLE, THEN WE HIRE ANOTHER TO FILL IT

The people doing these '''''"""""""""""""studies"""""""""""""" are marxists after all.

IS OF GOOD IDEA COMRADE

They have been claiming this for 30 years.

Funny.

>let's build up our economy around services for migrants that live on welfare

>getting angry at scientific studies that disprove your bigotry

INDEED COMRADE

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG

Also. They love Peace and love our values

Hahahahaha

stop being schizophrenic, EU.

Is anyone still drinking that particular koolaid?
For real, though?

>[this is what liberals actually believe]
wew

I think they've finally reached the point where they have realised no one is pointing out their lies.

It started with "they're all doctors and engineers" and now they're going to make us all rich. I can't wait until one of these spearchucking genital mutilators discovers a cure for cancer.

No, these "refugess" will be a burden for many years.
They will not get jobs and work.
Why should they?
They can live better without working in Europe than they could working in their old countries.

>they don't realise black dick is expensive
>implying the vast amounts of black dick Europe is importing won't make us the wealthiest nations on earth
Just you wait and see you shitlords!

Given that it takes these people 5 to 10 years to just get a job, if at all, I really doubt that.

it all makes sense now

the local tv station that showed this """"ground breaking """"" study today had invited a rabbi to talk about antisemitism in present day Romania a while ago and is always talking shit about Trump while talking positively about Hillary Clinton in its debate shows

fucking poisonous traitors

>Talking positively about hiliary
>In Romania

Hasn't the US kind of fucked you over like?

it's baffling

every news station is crying tears of blood that Trump (also mocking him at every opportunity using bait you'd expect from tumblr) is winning, yet are very supportive of Hillary

I don't get it

We're good. We don't need money, so we don't need refugees neighter. We could take in some to sew some bunads, but that's it.

It's a good thing that money is the be-all end-all of all things on Earth, and that quality of life, social cohesiveness, standards of living, local ethno-historical factors, and public safety mean nothing then.