Motor/sp/ort - DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAA Edition

Mikey's Last Race sub-edition

NCS, NXS, and Camping World Truck Series at Daytona International Speedway

Thursday, February 23
>NCS Second Can-Am Duel race (60 laps, 150 miles), FS1 2100 ET/0100 UTC (Friday)

Friday, February 24
>NXS first practice, FS1 1200 ET/1700 UTC
>NCS Daytona 500 practice, FS1 1300 ET/1800 UTC
>NXS final practice, FS1 1400 ET/1900 UTC
>NCS Daytona 500 practice, FS1 1500 ET/2000 UTC
>CWTS Qualifying (single vehicle/two rounds), FS1 1630 ET/2130 UTC
>CWTS Race NextEra Energy Resources 250 (100 laps, 250 miles), FS1 1930 ET/0030 UTC

Saturday, February 25
>NXS Qualifying (single vehicle/two rounds), FS1 1030 ET/1530 UTC
>NCS Daytona 500 final practice, FS1 1230 ET/1730 UTC
>NXS Race Powershares QQQ 300 (120 laps, 300 miles), FS1 1530 ET/2030 UTC

Sunday, February
>NCS Race Daytona 500 (200 laps, 500 miles), FOX 1400 ET/1900 UTC

Can-Am Duels thread
16 days until racing is in full swing with Indycar at St. Pete's

Other urls found in this thread:

racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/138329-insight-hunter-reay-s-case-against-gentilozzi?showall=1&limitstart=
motorsport.com/imsa/news/montoya-interested-in-racing-ferrari-gt-876940/?s=1
motorsport.com/indycar/news/ricky-taylor-tests-penske-indycar-876526/
motorsport.com/indycar/news/wickens-to-test-indycar-in-ride-swap-with-hinchcliffe-876446/
racer.com/wec-le-mans/item/138288-aco-sporting-director-weighs-in-on-dpis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

All good races so far, hopefully the rest are too

>bread's car blowing up

rolling for trucks winner

>Mikey's Last Race
Here's hoping he matches Dale Sr's 2001 race.

Stream where

>JGR

why did Dale Sr even give Mikey a ride?

Mikey gives good head.

Jr all about watching out for his head now.

The real question: How many dicks has Derrike Cope sucked in the past 30 years?

hot new OC

RIP Kligerman

>GMS 1-2-3

Why do some race series require a team to race two cars (f1), while others allow for one to four cars (nascar)?

>Stephen Leicht finally has a ride
>It's Obaika

JUST

Why do Americans prefer Nascar over F1? Are they afraid of real foreign competition?

>Obaika
>A ride
questionable at this point desu

Separate truck thread?

need some stronger bait

shit, who you pick inferior deutsche?

I'm serious

>Noah Gragson

JFC I was not ready for that

American, like Nascar & Indycar, prefer F1 though. It's just harder to catch F1 races with the time difference and some asshole always has to spoil it, so I don't bother with the DVR anymore.

Trucks thread

is the mexican guy any good?

Yea he's alright. Lot to learn tho as a rookie. He's on a great team and in a great car so he'll have lots of chances to win.

He's only driven the best equipment in the higher levels, so who knows

He was the champion of the Junior circuit last year with three wins. He's rock-solid, doesn't really make mistakes, and drives hard. Puts everything he has out there.

who else hype for sunday?

datyona is pretty much the only /turnleft/ that i'll watch in motor/sp/ort, except for times when nascar is on real tracks like sonoma

>yuro pride parade where the entire field finishes where they start
No thank you

He needed someone who would never upstage the family.

Varying numbers of Jewish investors in control of the rule books.

Also:
>waking up at 1AM to watch that shit

>Not watching Indycar turnleft
Smh sempai

Who's Gonna Win Daytona? A 12 Step solution to all of your '500 questions.

I will make a statement and eliminate the driver(s) that it applies to.

1. No non-chartered teams. Goodbye Kennington, LaJoie, Gaughan, Sadler

2. No rookie has won since 2011. Goodbye Ty Dillon, Suarez, Jones

3. No "non-parent" team. Goodbye Whitt, Ragan, McDowell, DiBenedetto, Cassill, Gase, Waltrip, Jeffery Earnhardt, Buescher, Allmendinger, Blaney, Truex, Almirola

4. Know what a dying team looks like? Check out Roush Fenway and Richard Childress Racing. Goodbye Bayne, Stenhouse, Austin Dillon, Newman, Menard

5. Nobody I like because fuck you user. Goodbye Harvick, Bowyer, Keselowski, Kyle Busch

6. Nobody without SOME KIND of story going on, media fabricated or otherwise. Goodbye Kenseth, Logano, Larson, Kahne

7. Danica Patrick. She is Danica Patrick. Goodbye Danica Patrick (holy shit. how did she last this long?)

Six left. I can go case by case from here.

8. Stewart-Hass has switched to Ford this season. They have been quick all week, but to win the first race of the year in an entirely brand new to you car is a bit of a stretch. Even with the series' title sponsor on the car. Goodbye Kurt Busch

9. The story of Dale Jr. winning in his first race back from a serious concussion would be far too good and NASCAR only fixes qualifying which leads me to Chase Elliot. NASCAR's golden boy. He inherited Jeff Gordon's car. Family lineage almost as deep as Jr's. Good kid with a bright future. However, he has been shoved so far down the fans' throats that we have shat out NASCAR's undigested arm. Again, the story is too perfect. Goodbye Jr. and Chase

10. Nobody has won consecutive 500's since Sterling Marlin in 1994 and 1995. That shoudn't change on Sunday. Plus, fuck that guy. Goodbye Denny Hamlin

11. Jamie McMurray. Bad fast all week, crazy aggressive in his qualifying race. He either will win the whole thing or pull the pin on a massive crash. I'm leaning towards the latter.

12. Oops.

Crafton stuck the landing, but the form was imperfect.
9/10

>5. Nobody I like
>Harvick, Bowyer, Keselowski, Kyle Busch
How many uncles touched you as a child to leave you so fucked up

>tfw acquired a free infield pass to daytona speedweeks last year
>tfw back to being a NEET virg this year

definitely worth going there if you can find a way

>tfw no racing till 330pm

JWT may be gone, but the spirit lives on

We played them like a damn fiddle

>Autism
>cleaning tires

>***3GT Racing is expected to continue unaffected, despite the seizure of equipment from RSR Racing, as well as Paul Gentilozzi’s real estate company earlier this week. Gentilozzi’s former driver, Ryan Hunter-Reay, was awarded $3.3 million in a federal suit following a decade long court battle with Gentilozzi due to a breach of contract from the 2005 Champ Car season.

l m a o

kek

>thorsport in charge of teamwork

Is this a sign of JGR not dominating?

I think his spirit was in the Jive truck

>***Change Racing team principal Robby Benton is in the Daytona 500, with his RAB Racing team supporting the No. 96 Gaunt Brothers Racing Toyota Camry of D.J. Kennington, who raced his way into the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series season-opener. Benton’s squad has supplied cars, crew and equipment, with its IMSA transporter, complete with Lamborghini graphics, parked in the garage area.

breddy cool too

lel, none. Ryan Blaney is actually my guy. Of the names remaining at that point, those were the four most palatable.

just going to be worse this year

How many empty sections will there be in the stands?

its fucking Daytona with an Earnhardt storyline in the works

It still hasn't sold out and Daytona's been shilling that there's still walk up tickets available tomorrow on Orlando and Jacksonville affiliates. People who traveled always come down for the week. It's the locals they need to get.

b-but it's daytona day

like 250,000 people show up each year

>From the Boston area

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

joey logano will win the championship

think I'd only enjoy the likes of NASCAR if I were at a race desu

Cup driver will win the race under caution today and there's nothing you can do about it.

Did someone say LEGO

I prefer to watch races on TV because you miss so much action when you only see what happens in front of you at the larger tracks. Atlanta was better, but the haze just made if feel surreal.
The other fans are OK, but you ALWAYS end up sitting near the loudmouth asshole. I've never seen a fight, though. One bonus was this girl with huge tits and a loose tank top that kept slipping at Dega.
The absolute worst thing is the traffic. The best way to go there is to time it to arrive at 5-6am, or get a full tank of gas before you get into the line because you will be waiting for a couple hours. Leaving is a nightmare, 4 hours to get to the interstate at Atlanta. Two hours at Dega, even though it's not far from the interstate at all, they just make you route 10 miles past the interstate onramp.
Pre-race activities are great at some tracks. There's always some entertainment and free shit. There's also some tailgaters that will sell you a plate of some really good food for $5. Just don't eat so much that you'll have to take a shit because port-a-potties.

Xfinity

>tfw you boot up nr2003 to get you hyped for the 500

How would anyone know, nascar hasn't provided attendance numbers for years (half a decade?).

Will the 500 be more or less of a crashfest?

more juicy details. not much to say other than "wew"

racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/138329-insight-hunter-reay-s-case-against-gentilozzi?showall=1&limitstart=

>Montoya tests Risi Competizione 488 at Sebring
motorsport.com/imsa/news/montoya-interested-in-racing-ferrari-gt-876940/?s=1

I still can't believe Penske dropped him. He should've tried to get an LMP1 seat while he had the chance. I'm pretty sure he's the only driver since color television to have a legitimate shot at the triple crown of racing. Monaco GP, Indy500, and Le Mans.

>Ricky Taylor gets Penske Indycar test
motorsport.com/indycar/news/ricky-taylor-tests-penske-indycar-876526/

>Hinchcliffe and Wickens swap cars (Indy/DTM)
motorsport.com/indycar/news/wickens-to-test-indycar-in-ride-swap-with-hinchcliffe-876446/

WOW THANKS FOR POSTING SO MANY UNRELATED WEBMS
>motorsport.com

and it's because he's fat. he's tested a 919 but he's too much of a liability with his attitude, he's rumored to be piloting the honda dpi next year but a lot has yet to be announced.

turn left doesn't count as racing.
new points system is a fucking joke.
they copied stages from rallying.
those faggots can't even go 20 laps without crashing so what's the point of their competition caution halftime yellowflag ceremony?

I would rather link to autosport.com but they have that retarded free views limit bullshit so it gets complicated you have to use the google translate trick.

reminder that this is your Daytona 24 winner

we used to have ALMS instead of "Daytona Prototypes" and the France family ruined that too.

The ACO are fucking themselves over by making LMP1 so expensive and tunring LMP2 into a virtual spec class though. Shit, I'll just leave this here:

racer.com/wec-le-mans/item/138288-aco-sporting-director-weighs-in-on-dpis

>"Also, in the U.S., I believe [DPi] is more about marketing," he continued. "You put a Cadillac sticker on the windshield ... Also, U.S. Fans are perhaps a little less interested than the Le Mans fans with what is happening underneath the bonnet of the car. The Le Mans OEMs with whom we talk [and] work [with] in Europe have a presence which is justified by bringing in new technology."

You know they're sweating bullets when the DPi formula has gotten Team Penske, Honda and Joest Racing interested in joining after just a single race while LMP1 has 5 cars this year wit no real new manufacturers lining up to compete.

the only person in finland watching nascar reporting in

DAYTONA DAY IS HERE

Im scared

will there be a stream somewhere?

shitty flash streams only, better prepare your adblock

huh, seems pretty dumb to not have an official stream these days and roll in the ad revenue while I can get a high quality stream..

LOOKS LIKE ME

hopefully acestream from a feed that basically goes incar cam while goyim are looking at ads

WE /NASCAR/ NOW

Tfw gonna need to get up soon and watch race but I'm snuggling with my pet rat ..It's a hard life

Rolling for winner

Is there somewhere I can watch just the overtime end of the Xfinity race? The dickshitting FS1 replay ran over and my recording got cut off right as it was about to start.

you still have 2.5 hours mate

If only there was a website people could upload videos to

Sorry, I'm used to Formula One Media immediately yanking all F1 videos as soon as they get posted to YouTube.