Why did Frasier and Niles get along so well? In my experience, brothers generally don't really like each other

Why did Frasier and Niles get along so well? In my experience, brothers generally don't really like each other.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eQW7vzquyrI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not everyones brother raeps them Josh.

Which is why anecdotal evidence it not considered conclusive.

too bad you didn't grow up in decent household. There's a reason people flock to the idea of brotherhood.

trips of truth
0c8329fn32m2mcf
/thread

it was a TV show.

Did you miss the multiple episodes where they have brotherly spats?

Early Frasier was basically made up of Niles and Frasier having a fairly common sibling rivalry. The one that comes to mind most notably is the episode where they try and write a book together in a single night and end up getting into a physical fight.

Pretty much this. Everyone in the family has a really rocky relationship until Season 5ish maybe, but then there are still a lot of spats. The only thing that keeps Niles's character interesting after he marries Daphne is his petty fights with Frasier.

That's a weird experience, I get along great with my older brother even though we rarely see each other.

All brothers I know fight constantly about trivial shit

I think it's like, you're both proving the other is wrong, because you essentially had the same upbringing and genetics so how could you disagree on anything? It must be that the other person is fundamentally flawed

Plus its fun to establish dominance

I grew up in a decent household. My brother's just a cunt.

or maybe youre a little bitch and your brother doesnt like fags

Similar interests and personalities? Plus bonding over a dad who was completely different to them and didn't get them at all. I'm sure if anyone in my immediate family was similar to me we might possibly be friends.

Anyone remember the later episode where Niles gets a segway HAHAHA

I hate how crap the later episodes got. You could tell they were running out of ideas. The only good thing we got was Cam Winston and the episodes involving the apartment board constantly shooting down Frasier.

what are you talking about? they get along because most of their interests are similar but they have a very strong rivalry and are always looking to one up eachother

Been re-watching this, starting at the beginning. About halfway through Season 5.

There was much more conflict between the characters in the beginning, and that's what makes the early episodes so damn funny. There was also really good drama from just how different Fraiser was from his dad and their trying to co-exist. It's easily the second best part of the show (the first being the sibling rivalry between Fraiser and Niles), and what King of the Hill would later grab onto and run with.

The show really dips in quality when Roz has her baby (of which nothing interesting comes of that, so far that I've seen) and when Fraiser loses his job just to get it back again a few episodes later.

>your name will never be Seymour Butts

Why even live...

>he didn't team up with his brother to try and solve murder-mysteries

sucks to be you familia

youtube.com/watch?v=eQW7vzquyrI

Well, I only have one sibling, an older brother and while we argue about the most stupid shit and really offend one another when we feel like it, we are still really close, talk everyday despite living in different cities and go really far to help each other out.

Apparently with Frasier and Niles it's the fact that while they are very different they are also very alike. Eventually it's just the two of them in the world and who else knows and cares for you like your brother?

>The show really dips in quality when Roz has her baby (of which nothing interesting comes of that, so far that I've seen)
Everyone knew it was a mistake that's why Alice played such a little role in the show. They were trying to develop Roz's character more but the (smartly) realised they shouldn't have done it that way and didn't include in the show very much.

>projecting this hard

>tfw your name is Hugh Mungus and women start screaming about sexual harassment when you tell them.

They didn't get along though, they always have passive aggressive rivalry going on.

Whenever they work together it goes up in flames. Remember the book or restaurant?

>implying unemployed frasier wasn't GOAT
>YOU'RE NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE!
>That whining moan

The actress got pregnant so they had to do something.

seasons 5 and 6 are really good, the real drop in quality comes after Niles and Daphne get together