Is the universe aware of itself?

Is the universe aware of itself?

DIscuss

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_brain
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, it's an inanimate collection of objects on its own - the sentient species dwelling within it may be aware, may not though.

technically speaking yes, we're made up of matter contained in the universe and we observe from our own perspective, hence being the universes introspection, meaning its aware of itself

chk

Yeah probably, it's matter formed itself into lifeforms which are aware. We're part of the whole, we're not some separate part of it.

No Absolutely Not

god, before the big bang, was everything, he got bored, killed himself, but pieces are asembling. Not even god can kill himself.

Its like when i smoke too much weed and i dont get high anymore. We are doomed to stay here in whichever form we got...

theres some type of theory (alternate universes or some shit) that says we're everywhere at once so if thats true then its plausible seeing as we're everywhere and within everything so we're aware of ourselves and the universe

We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself. - Carl Sagan

Yes
You're wrong. We are made from everything the universe is made from so therefore we are the universe aware of itself. Try to science more faggot
Check em

This. Been dabbing for a full straight year. Starting to feel this exact way.

is the OP aware of the fact he is a giant faggot know across the whole universe?

this

wew

check'd

OHHH

OHHHH

TRUMP IS SATAN

HEIL TRUMP
HEIL OUR PEOPLE
HEIL VICTORY

fuckin witnessed

You're a dumbass if you equate composition with sentience.
You have metals in your body just like a car - are you saying a car is sentient and can perceive itself?
Same for buildings - you have silica, carbon, etc. in you - are you trying to tell me they are capable of higher, or any, thought and feelings?
You're fucking retarded regardless of quints, the universe as a whole is a collection of things that are unaware -
space, stars, planets, asteroids, black holes, dark matter, etc. - only the sentient things dwelling within the universe may or may not be aware of the universe.

I thinks our conscience is a way the Universe gets aware of itself. We are the part of the Universe so, that's how it goes. Since the Big Bang matter gets more and more complicated and finally this matter starts being aware of its own existence and the existence of the Universe.

You got it all wrong.

almost as if.. as if... we're in hell.. we're doomed to live die repeat this same miserable existence endlessly

No sir, you do. Have a good day.

Certain parts of the universe are not aware, but the parts that are, are essentially the universe's eyes and ears. To claim that the universe isn't aware of itself because the rest of it isn't capable of sentient thought isn't an argument, the parts that are do the thinking

nope.

only God and human beings are.

you can fix your life

Dem sixy quints dont lie

satan is here

Holy shit
/thread

Sorry, but no. If it has sentience, it is not the universe, it is a sentient being.
Regardless of its existence within the universe, the universe itself is not sentient.
If we blew up Earth today, the rest of the universe would go about its business as normal - it would neither try to stop, or assist, us in our plan.

there is no god faggot

CALL 911 NOW

not possible. it's as if the devil himself continues to torment me relentlessly

the universe it's one giant brain, but it has tonnes of pockets of consciousness, which are still just the universe experiencing life itself
regardless of how individualized they are still as much apart of the universe as anything else in existence

I never said it would help us, sentient beings are made up of the universe so why wouldn't the sentient matter inside the universe be considered the universes consciousness. Universe literally means "whole" and "everything". You are not separate, and neither is your status of consciousness

All matter is is energy condensed to a slow vibration, life is but a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Show proof of your claim.

Show proof our sentience is made up of matter in the universe - I'll wait.

>the universe it's one giant brain

yes

Wait..... whaaaat???

>anthropic principle

We are Borg

>your brain exists
>empirically, in the universe
>consciousness, is a by-product of your brain being alive and operating
what proof are you waiting for Einstein

"We don't have proof that it exists, but we ALSO don't have proof that it doesn't exist!"

He's probably a creationist

faggot mods edited the post, supposed to say it isn't one giant brain, obviously.

Guys think about this shit. The Universe is ever expanding and because of this is also slowly cooling down. There will be a point where everything is so far away that there won't be any new stars or planets forming, completely nothing happening. No action at all. Therefore we can say that entropy is the ultimate death of the universe. But the very idea of life is something that is resisting entropy in order to exist.
>Perhaps the Universe created life so that through it entropy will be resisted
And because of this, should we say that the Universe "wants" to exist?

And we know of brains that exist but produce no sentient thought.
Now, prove our sentience is made up of stuff in the universe, not the biological mass which houses the sentience.

possibly, but creationists can make logical connections like these all the time too. It just takes a certain amount of willingness to think

pretty much a semantic debate about what the consciousness is. we as a species can't scientifically prove it exists, still.
see then he posts this and the thread is updated. exactly what he's trying to prove.

i think therefore i am.
nuff said

Obviously, that's what humanity and all other self-aware sentient beings represent

the universe isn't connected like that, and even if it were, it'd be mighty retarded to have multi billion year long synapses between neurons. would literally take the age of the universe itself to produce a single thought

The "biological mass" itself and everything in it is made from stuff that is in the universe.

Duh, you

he's arguing that something can exist outside of the universe, that the consciousness of humans and its entire psyche is stuck in some sort of matrix held within the human brain

Yes, there is a movement in psychology called panpsychism which is the idea that everything has a form of consciousness. Meaning that like us, our cells have an individual consciousness and that the Han race as a whole should have a combined consciousness. And if that's true then by scaling it up to the universe. The universe will have a consciousness and will there for be aware of itself.

There are patterns in nature, whether it's fractal or symmetrical objects.

I'm concerned that you may be a bit on the spectrum
>prove our existence is made up of stuff in the universe
>not made up of biological mass
>biological mass
>that exists in the fucking universe
and what does it matter that there are brains that produce no sentient thought, that's about as significant as saying rocks can't.

>he's arguing that something can exist outside of the universe
and to finish, i end it with calling that guy a fucking retard for anything that exists is apart of the universe, otherwise it could not exist.

Guess you never heard of the cosmic web, you really need to catch up on your science there friend.

yep

The Fibonacci sequence

you're argument is retarded user. unless it's based upon us living in a simulated reality -which case there's no way to disprove or prove- then and only then can your argument have any merit

dark matter is stupid psuedoscience that is completely unfounded in reality. we aren't capable of yet understanding the arrangement of the cosmos, although i applaud their valiant efforts, it simply is too complex for us to fathom at this current point in time.

Dark matter is not a pseudoscience, its a term coined because it's a singularity in nature and we can't pin a true name for it yet.

you are bourne of the universe. you are aware of the universe. therefore, the universe is aware of itself.

yes, hello

probably just beyond our attention span as if it were another dimension

What are you talking about? That is not only unrelated to the topic at hand, but not an argument against what I said. It's very simple to grasp: we are made of stuff that exists within the universe, meaning that our consciousness can be philosophically viewed as the universes thoughts. Simulated reality has nothing to do with it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_brain
the question is more whether there's anything BUT the conscious part of the universe (IE me)

or it's almost meaningless, see

the universe is obviously toroidal

Most of what scientists know about the universe is best guess, that's why it's called "theory" A lot of scientists a lot smarter than you or me agree there is a cosmic web.

Boltzmann brains are an interesting concept, cause statistically speaking difference in entropy should create those a lot more than evolution leading to a whole species

is blood cell aware of itself and its purpose?

things we observe over great distance with minor detail and that which has ocured billions of years prior to observation, are irrelevant considering current sciences and techniques of observing such interactions

If anyone here is having bad erections take vitamin B complex it gave me a rock hard boner

Actually it is connected like this, those are long chains of connected superstructures, or millions of galaxies funneled into filaments by dark matter exerting it's forces on them. This doesn't change the consciousness argument though. Sure it looks likes brain structure but that hardly means that the universe is synapsing ...

i clearly had you confused with the other poster, my apologies

>a simulated reality -which case there's no way to disprove or prove
there are x simulations, the chance that we are living in the base reality is 1/(x+1). in other words the odds of us not living in a simulation are one in billions.

good to know

a lot of attention hungry money deprived faggots who use psuedo science and fancy buzzword gimics to garner attention, agree on a lot of outlandish and unprovable theories.

Oh- it's all good my man

Not as far as we can tell, but that's a question of perspective we can't definitively answer

how utterly pointless life is if we are just energy recycled and being passed on

wtf

those super galaxies almost all died out long ago. they're likely being pulled together by this thing we still know almost nothing about, gravity.

WILL YOU SPASTIC CUNTS GET BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND WHICH IS "IS THE ENTIRETY OF THE UNIVERSE COMPLEX ENOUGH TO DEVELOP CONSCIOUSNESS AND UNDERSTAND IT'S BIOLOGY"

sorry, what i meant to say was the light being push through these filaments are likely being curved by gravity, hence their apparent pattern

you give it meaning or don't. Any feelings you attache to the process or life itself don't matter, so what's the point in getting all upset over that fact.

>in other words the odds of us not living in a simulation are one in billions.
your brain is the simulator your body are the sensors for creating this simulated reality.
but your body being inside a simulation? is literally impossible to prove or disprove without leaving/entering the simulation itself.

>Not as far as we can tell, but that's a question of perspective we can't definitively answer
well there are white blood cells, and other anti bodies, which know which cells to attack and which not to.
whether or not they're aware they're apart of a whole, would be like asking a person if they're aware they're just a part of the universe

Don't be a faggot, the question posed was very loose, which was "is the universe aware of itself"
You're the spastic cunt that somehow gathered all that from a simple sentence

No, it's not since you said the entirety of it.

far more comforting than life just being some old perverts entertainment while we all suffer and they bickers with the devil between whos soul belongs to who, even though god supposedly sent the devil and his demons to earth, essentially turning earth into hell and we're just a bunch of little shits who deserve both gods wrath and the devils rampant faggotry/degeneracy.

They only know those things from chemical signals given off from processes we can understand, and don't give any signs of higher life. But yeah, nobody knows if or what they think

Think of the human body but on a larger scale though, entire galaxies forming machines like our brain. Is it really that far-fetched?

>but your body being inside a simulation? is literally impossible to prove or disprove without leaving/entering the simulation itself.
Nothing is impossible. You are just saying that because we are living in the past of a more illuminated time. In the future they will no doubt discover the soul/consciousness. But that same mind that we have not yet discovered as a substance can already do interesting things. Have you ever evoked a spirit (e.g. one of those of Goetia) and asked it if we live in one? I mean that would be a start. The universe is definitely aware to many mystics and occultists. If you aren't one then maybe you haven't experienced the universe as an aware reality yet. But you could if you really wanted to.