Fight Club

>Fight Club
>American Beauty
>Office Space
>The Matrix
All came out in 1999 and all are literally the exact. same. movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8WCznR8262I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also the 13th floor

dark city came out in '98 though.

Yeah, remember that shootout in American Beauty? It was just like the hallway shootout in the Matrix.

The matrix had a black dude in it

slackers were in

>remember that shootout in American Beauty
yeah I do smartacus

You forgot Blair Witch
Unoriginal fucks

>smartacus

>Humans breathing and talking
'99 movies were a shitfest

look up literally and use it correctly next time

what is social engineering through media for $500 alex?

The only common link I can think of straight away is that they all have lead characters that are going through an existential crisis

Based dubsman came out in 2000. Coincidence?

how did you manage to not cut yourself on all those edges bro

Holy shit you're right, I literally just analyzed them frame by frame and each one is literally exactly the same. How did I never notice this before?

Disconnecting from society was an aspect of the pre-millennium panic that was prevalent in the late 90's.

>You take the blue Tyler, you wake up covered in rose petals and believe, whatever you want to believe.
>You take the red Tyler and I show you how we make soap.

So why were there ten or movies in about two years about how great that would be?

It was just the cultural zeitgeist at the time.

>a cultural zeitgeist about how society is ending and its fucking great

... Can you even comprehend how retarded you are?

People literally thought the world was gonna end on January 1, 2000.

Taking that as a, "no."

but hes right

I watched American Beauty when I was 12. I don't think I could properly appreciate it. All I remember is it was about a perverted dad that wanted some jailbait.

How is that exactly unbelievable?

>American Psycho came out in 2000
>000
HOLY SHIT

This. 2000 for 90s people was like our 2012. People seriously believed the world was gonna end... or that technology was going to collapse.

The simpsons did an episode on it where all electronic devices go out of control

youtube.com/watch?v=8WCznR8262I

Why was he so handsome in the Matrix?

My parents filled the bathtub full just in case anything happened. In hindsight that seems extremely half-assed but I doubt they considered it that serious. I remember watching Disney when that day came and building some weird tent.

That is the crux of the movie, essentially.

that was feasible though, most computers ect only used 2 digits for date so everyone was worried that when we flip over to 00 everything would fall to shit. 2012 was nothing but retarded bullshit pushed by the media because disaster sells and LOL MAYANS SO ADVANCED

>tfw people told me I looked like him in The Matrix

Goodfeels.

Yeah I was a kid at the time, but I remember reading a few years ago about the work that folks had to do with software to keep things running. Utilities, banks, and other critical industries had systems running off old software written back when things first became electronic, and the folks writing that software underestimated how unmotivated people are to not rewrite something that works just fine. Like you said, an actual reason for the trepidation, whereas anyone possessing an ounce of skepticism just got to laugh at the freaks who were worried about 2012. I loved just asking people the simplest questions about it and seeing them struggle to not sound retarded, and almost invariably they all WANTED to believe that shit so they'd suppress what little mental power they had to enable them to feel like they were living in the end times. Fuck, when is something like that going to happen again?

>tfw prime Keanu is gone

How retarded *they were*, because that was exactly the attitude of the time. People felt numb and ascribed this to a lack of chaos. They longed for what they imagined anarchy to be like. They have felt differently this century.

Bruh

your concept of reality is stupid

did I reducto ad absurdum enough?

>office space
>Fight club
>the same movie
NO. BAD user. STOP SPREADING BLATANT HORSESHIT.

It was a Deja Vu.
It happens when they change something.