Piper's 50th Anniversary

On this day, fifty years ago, Pink Floyd released their first album The Piper at the Gates of Dawn. What's your favorite track from the album? For me it's either Flaming or Bike.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wzpP0ITUESI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

interstellar overdrive is great

>interstellar overdive
>piper at the gates of dawn
I weep for millennials.

See Emily Play, unless you only count tracks from the UK version of the album, then it's The Scarecrow.

this, you know it's going to be great right from the opening chords

what did he mean by this?

Astronomy Domine and Flaming are my favorites, but the whole album is magnificent. Way better than anything Waters ever did by a wide margin.

Matilda Mother

>Interstellar Overdrive
>not on Piper
You what?

bike, the only good song

gotta be bike

>mfw

Lucifer Sam which appears on both the US. and British version.

>Those who never heard the album in mono are truly missing out.

take up thy stethoscope and/or walk or pow. r toc. h are my favorite songs on piper

Imagine having an opinion this embarrassing

I wish they would've put that on the UK version too

The Scarecrow or Interstellar Overdrive

overrated dogshit

I think both Astronomy and See Emily Play are on the JAPANESE version.

Bike

Imagine being this much of a pleb

You're embarrassing m8

Lucifer Sam

Astronomy Domine

I love the album but I think the first 5 tracks and Overdrive outshines the other tracks a bit too much.

Ch-Ch!
Ch-Ch!
Ch-Ch!
Ch-Ch!
Tutun
HOIHOI
Tutun
HOIHOI
HuHuUUUUU!
Toy toy!
Toy toy!

Definitely Astronomy Domine. Whole album is incredible though

user I think your developing dementia
Wew

Piper is definitely in the higher tier of Floyd albums but I think peak Waters era is still the best material the band ever produced

I'VE GOT A COCK YOU CAN RIDE IT IF YOU WANT

Greatest album of all time

I have a friend who's the plebbiest of the pleb when it comes to music tastes and he basically has no exposure to psychedelic or prog rock, so we're gonna trip acid and I'm going to give him a quick rundown on Pink Floyd. I was thinking we would listen to four-five of their albums straight through, which ones are the most important? I was thinking:

>Piper at the Gates of Dawn
>Meddle
>Dark Side of the Moon
>Animals
>The Wall

The only one I'm still on the fence about is Meddle, even though Wish You Were Here is clearly a superior album I feel like it's the first Gilmour album that isn't trash so it's worth including to show the transitional period between Barrett and the Waters-dominated era of the band

>listening to more than one Pink Floyd album in a row
How tiresome, especially on acid

Should we just listen to dark side then? since that's the big and accessible one

Yeah. Still keep the other ones handy in case the guy really digs it and wants more.

>The Wall

Why not Atom Heart Mother?

Why the fuck does everyone think you need to take drugs to enjoy Pink Floyd?

Take Up Thy Stethoscope while tripping
The Scarecrow while sober

I'd throw some Atom Heart Mother in the mix

You don't HAVE to, but drugs usually enhance music. Only a loser straightedge kid mad that no one ever offered him a joint at a party thinks otherwise.

I don't think Ummagumma or Atom Heart Mother are all that great, honestly. They're experimenting with what to do in a post-Barrett band but they really haven't nailed their sound yet.

Dude, drop The Wall (which is a shitty album and a waste of acid anyway) and listen to A Saucerful of Secrets instead. Most underrated Pink Floyd album by far.

>drop acid in celebration of finishing my dissertation
>put on pipers
>feel compelled to check over the work despite having already handed it in
>spot a big fuck off typo as Pow R Toc H transitions from the piano bit to the frantic voices bit
Worst night of my life, but also one of the best

Hot take - this was the only psychedelic rock album ever released, everything else is prog/blues

I prefer The Piper songs played by Gilmour
youtube.com/watch?v=wzpP0ITUESI

>the wall
>bad

le ebin contrarian faec

It's the ultimate example of Waters' vanity and egomania but don't pretend it isn't genius and one of the best albums they ever made

It's just a bunch of bland pop rock songs that aged horribly. There's nothing genius about it.

so much retard in this post

I like The Wall, but it's not a trippy album.

Explain to me why it's a genius album, then.

Pleb detected

Naw dude, obscured by clouds is the most underrated pink floyd album. Followed immediately by saucerful of secrets

flaming
>contrarian

>No Sauceful. No Atom
Let there be more light, Set the Control for the heart of the Sun and Atom Heart Mother alone are enough to blow you away even with just a minispliff.

Flaming or Pow R. Toc H.

Pow R. Toc H.

>bumbum CH CH