uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/red-dwarf/watch-online/?video=5121443193001
twitter.com/Whovianisms99/status/776460050852438016
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

That's not dead inside.

THAT is dead inside.

jks

twitter.com/DrGotts/status/776102362792468481

whats this talk about Tennant on the replies?
have i missed something?

God this show has the worst subculture

This.

great series, shitty fanbase

>great series

I started watching Doctor Who for the first time ever last week.

Now I'm kind of a Whovian.

>All because of Jenna Coleman!

>Whovian

It has a bad subculture because it gives off a very immature vibe at first glance - and the viewer has to be patient enough to see through that.

>not lurking threads for memes and news, and ignoring everything else

Good point, Satan.

>not also engaging in comfy discussion
Who's your favorite Doctor, user?

First ep of Red Dwarf is up on UKTV.

uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/red-dwarf/watch-online/?video=5121443193001

>a very immature vibe at first glance
>first glance

The show is consistently immature as fuck.

With the pretence of 'great drama' when someone dies melodramatically, now and then.

It's a kids' show.

Shown at night in the USA.

To an increasing number of infantalised Americans who think everything is 'adorable' and 'cute' and play dress-up games and need 'safe spaces' to survive.

I can't believe I've only seen one thread about Red Dwarf XI and it didn't get any replies. I'm really excited for it, and I'm expecting it to be better than X, which was pretty good anyway.

Keep it to that thread or your twitter, Billy.

I used to experience excitement.

The episodes aired originally at about 6pm on a saturday in the UK.

It's a kid's show at heart.

Are you okay, user? You seem upset. Not about the conversation you're currently having, just generally.

Thanks for the link. Nice to watch some fun, silly adventure sci-fi again. Doctor Who should take a leaf out of RD's book.

>doctor who
>not silly
u wot

I think I'll try listening to Dark Shadows, heard one yesterday with Colin Baker and it was good but hopefully they have even better episodes

>laptop just broke down
>stuck on booting screen

FUCK. ME.

Daleks love the light bulb gag

How are you posting?...

Can't speak for the user, but I always have a tower to fall back on if my laptop goes bust

From the Nethersphere

>Billy
What's the story behind this new meme, buds?

During his exile to /doctorwho/, Monganon's delusions hit a new level of complexity and he is now convinced that we and all his previous boogeymen are manifestations of a Twitter user named Billy.

Really? It has a /who/ origin? I only asked because I just saw it used twice in another Sup Forums thread.

This has NEVER happened though. And I've been here day and night, fighting off Mong-user so I'd know.

It's not so much a /who/ origin as a one-depraved-cunt origin who happens to post on Sup Forums, hardly a surprise that he'd turn up in other threads.
After the mods here finally cracked down on his shit and he became too much of a pussy to continue, he ran with his tail between his legs to /doctorwho/'s top thread and created one of the legendary autism documents of our time - 100+ posts almost completely to himself, spamming his lunacy to a very limited audience for days. If you read down the lower portion of the thread, you can see him start to work in the Billy shit and then get obsessed with it.

What an odd phrasing.

What? Go to Mcgannchan and look at the top thread.

How is it odd?

Oh never mind. If it's on McGann's chin I haven't been there for a long time after some pedo started posting shit back in May or June.

What's /who/ with you?

Where's Cats and his shitposts when you need him? /who/ is dying

is the artist taking the piss?

> 9's cum face
> massive DONG that Jack's trying to lift

Wow, that was some top autism.

> 9s cum face

It's sad. There's something very mentally wrong with this person.

>The Prom
>The Date
>The Morning After
>The Other Side
>The Substitute
>The Assembly
>The Headmaster
>The War

Leaked Class titles
>mfw you can guess the synopsis of each one

citation needed

>The Headmaster

"Look into my eyes..."

Yeah, I left at the same time - is that resolved now?

Where'd they leak?

The board has literally been dead for ages. If there was CP it got deleted before long.

Hey /who/

What are some awesome Doctor Who quotes, but not the ones you see literally everywhere? Looking for underrated gems, memorable lines that don't get enough love.

>Where'd they leak?
user made them up. Only the first one is real, and that wasn't leaked but officially revealed awhile ago.

Lots of Seven stuff.

God speed, my lonely angel
>mfw the ten years of nuwho after were trying to outdo it

Should have been trying to undo it desu.

>A child looks up into the sky, his eyes turn to cinders. No more tears, only ashes.
VNA level dark before VNAs even existed

twitter.com/Whovianisms99/status/776460050852438016

>#ClassMates
Wew.

Csn we just kill all the peados please?

Soon.

I'm talking Nonce Sense.

Assuming you've seen it, is it just me or did everything feel like it happened INCREDIBLY quickly?

Maybe I'm just so used to extremely slow Classic Who, but it felt a lot faster paced than the old series ever did.

Everything else was top notch, though. The plot, the visuals, the jokes, the acting. Some jokes and performances were better than others, but that's to be expected. And the model shots, while a massive improvement from the CGI of 7 and 8 and the rush job of 10, will never surpass the amazing work the BBC model team did in the 80 and 90s.

" You know, you are a classic example of the inverse ratio between the size of the mouth and the size of the brain."

Also 3's speech about "Britain for the British, my God man!"

Unironically Eccleston. He tries so hard to get straight to the point, but he's an emotional mess. Makes for more interesting viewing than other Doctor's who similarly flip-flop, but with no other justification or rhyme than "kooky space man".

It did seem to be a little unbalanced, but it set up the characters again pretty efficiently and balanced character, plot and jokes quite fairly I thought. It was over before I knew it, but I think even extending RD eps to 45mins would hurt the show. They do "small scale" plots really efficiently and quickly, and I love that about RD. No plodding about.

DOCTOR: My dear Mister Chinn, if I could leave, I would, if only to get away from people like you.
BRIGADIER: Doctor.
DOCTOR: And your petty obsessions! England for the English! Good heavens, man!

>started last week
>already know who jenna coleman is
either you have no life and got through 5 seasons in a week or you skipped based eccleston and tennant in which case you need to go back to square one

I can't wait for NuWho to have a fuckload of seasons and Doctors so there's no longer this orthodoxy about where you should or shouldn't start/what you should watch. It's much better for Classic where we tell people to watch anything.

There's already the "start with Eleventh Hour" thing that gets recced fairly frequently, and Chinballs will probably do another clean start

the fuckers saying start with Eleventh Hour need euthanizing

Well, let's be honest, it's unlikely we'll be telling anyone to start with Chibnall or recommending Chibnall at all.

Funny how you say it set up the characters well, because it wasn't originally intended to be the series' opener, in fact I think it was shot last. I think 35 minute episodes could give it a little more time to breathe - even just a 35 minute episode of the episode we just got. I noticed some extremely fast edits where you go from one scene to the next without any pause (one at the beginning and end actually) and a couple moments where they started talking over the laughs (which they may not have done on the night, it could be edited to preserve the laugh but keep the scene moving).

A review I read said that Twentica didn't really work as a series opener, and that Samsara (next week's opener) would work better. Well see, I guess.

That's the one. Also,

CHINN: I have a duty to my country!
DOCTOR: Not to the world?

Pertwee could really sell these moments.

A 35 minute "edit" of the episode we just got, I should say

Classic Red Dwarf - BBC - Nearly half an hour duration

Dave Red Dwarf, with advert breaks - 5 or more minutes shorter and it shows.

God, this Chibnall bashing is tiresome. We literally don't have any fucking clue about his era yet.

Ian: Doctor, why do you always show the greatest interest in the least important things?
Doctor: The least important things, my dear boy, sometimes lead to the greatest discoveries.

You mean apart from the fact we know he's a hack?

People can't even wave Broadchurch around as an example of his good work because he botched that as well. I recommend just getting used to the fact we're doomed, you start to find it quite funny after a while and that eases the despair.

>Chibnall
>liking the Colin Baker era

I can't get over how nerdy he looks. He looks like the kind of nerd you see in movies and shit but that nobody in real life actually looks like, except young Chris Chibnall.

Hayley Atwell is announced as the Doctor for when Chibnall takes over. What is your reaction?

I'd be all for it.

The last eps of DW he did was literally 4 years ago. One was great, ruined only by a botched ending. The other was fun, but hampered by the showrunner basically telling Chibnall exactly what he wanted. Prior to that, Chibnall's eps are even older still and he's improved, changed and developed massively since then.

I can't comment on Broadchurch desu, haven't seen it, but it was very popular and it showed he'd at least come on leaps and bounds since his early DW/Torchwood, in the eyes of many. Wait and see how Broadchurch 3 pans out.

Also, let's not forget he's introducing a writer's room setup, meaning hopefully arcs and stories and characters should be more consistent than ever, things should be balanced more within series, writers can bounce off one another rather than, like Gatiss, producing serious hits or seriously shit misses. And even if we do look back at Chibnall's DW eps, they're all quite varied so who knows what his vision is for Doctor Who as a whole.

>every night for the last 2 months
>make a pot of tea
>grab a light snack
>watch an episode of Doctor Who on netflix before bed
>find out it has been removed from netflix last night

Now what do?

>let's not forget he's introducing a writer's room setup,
That was a rumor.

I would count Hurt as an incarnation and Capaldi as the final 13th incarnation and then ignore the tv show and just enjoy myself.

>botched that as well

Start pirating it like everyone else

Further: we don't yet know how many eps Chibnall will do. He might do an RTD and co-write/script edit every script, or he might pair writers up and leave them to it whilst he writes his solely by himself. Or he might co-write series openers and finales. He could even co write Christmas. A lot of pressure is alleviated so there's a lot of scope for storytelling and ideas and stuff. I'm excited by the prospect of a much more collaboratively written show. (And at least we know Chibnall is competent at showrunning/producing. And he'll focus solely on Doctor Who, no second shows to distract and take his eye off the ball)

Yar har fiddle-dee-dee

Of course people still watched it. The real test is to see if as many people are still interested in 3 after the mess that was 2.

1-9 is on Amazon Prime.
Otherwise time to pirate.

It's happening.

Also, those figures for Broadchurch above say it all. He produces must see TV.

I have never seen Broadchurch but only because I have no interest in it.

I am pro-Chibnall and cant wait to see what he does but is Doctor Who really must see TV anymore? I mean, Broadchurch was new and intriguing whereas Doctor Who is going a bit stale, especially among general audiences.

The BBC are going to have to a great job of promoting and (hopefully) rebranding the series to make it 'must watch' again. I hope they succeed... I miss that.

I agree, it'll be hard. Especially after this year long gap before 'same old same old' again with Moffat and Capaldi.

I think 2018 needs a whole relaunch, a big refresh. New companion, new Doctor, a new 'mission statement'.