Friendly reminder that Daryl Morey and the Houston Rockets killed basketball

Friendly reminder that Daryl Morey and the Houston Rockets killed basketball.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hhB1vPM8ItA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

holy shit
your sport is fucking broken

NBA is cancer nowadays

>found a strategy that wins games
>killing the game
I don't know man, seems like morey's a genius, all winners find an edge. Maybe the game should fix it's rules of scoring? Or teams should play better perimeter defense?

It's the same '''''''''strategy'''''''' that we all used when we were 12 playing 2K on our Xbox

all you gotta do is D up. same story in the entire history of the sport

>"b-b-but these guys are too good at it waahhhh"

I won then and the Rockets are winning now. Just like how football teams are putting up Madden numbers these days.

>it's another millenial starts his entitled whining when things don't go his way

typical lebron fan

>team named the pelicans

40ouncedunkandbounce was dead long before this guy that you're posting about

Can someone explain to me what the problem is

no, they revolutionized it

Why the fuck would take midrange shots? 3s and dunks are as good as it gets tbqh

the midrange game is kill

I dunno why thats a bad thing tho, midrange games are for scrubs lmao lrn2shoot

basic math concepts like "expected value" go over the head of sports fans so they rage at the concept of a coach choosing a higher % way to win a game

it's not exactly rocket science to work out what % of 3 pointers you need to be worth more than 2 pointers, even if you hit 2 pointers at a higher clip

Some guy on YouTube changed all 3 pointers to 2 points, changed the draws from 3 pointers, etc from last season and found that basically nothing changed
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hhB1vPM8ItA

the worst part is that this shit could get even worse year by year and the league still wouldnt remove the 3pt line because they think it brings in more paying fans to see exciting offense. its the same cancer that hit the NFL.

that might be the most cancerous sports related image i've ever seen

but the point is teams realized that it's almost never worth it to shoot midrange. either shoot in close where you're 70% to get 2pts, or shoot beyond the arc where you are 35% to get 3pts

40-45% chance of getting 2pts is not worth it over the long haul

since it's hard to find big men who can bang in the post all night teams are just loading up with shooters and chucking precisely because you get 3 instead of 2 points

That was a fun watch

I appreciate the autism that went into this.

>changes the result from the best played playoff series in NBA history
>basically nothing

We were robbed of a Cavs-Thunder final and Durant would have never gone to Golden State.

>found that basically nothing changed

that's stretching it. those stats are all in a vacuum.

if there's no 3pt line players wouldnt arbitrarily take way more shots from beyond the arc than they do from midrange, which is why the percentages are out of whack)

that's why he found all midrange shots are basically the same % regardless of distance but there's a noticeable drop right at the arc. people chuck those shots way more often than they would normally precisely because they are worth one more point than an inch inside it

if the three didnt exist a ton of those attempts would go back inside to 'midrange' and the % from what used to be 3pt land would then come back in line with what you see in midrange (since people would be taking them less often, and only the most premium looks)

i did like the stats though. if you did what he suggested you would see a resurgence in the midrange, and like he said people would still shoot "3s" just not as much

all dantoni strats are meme strats that cant compare to raw talent and execution.

sorry bro the warriors are going to slap them around like the spurs did to the suns

>watching teams just chucking 3's all game

This is worse than the trap defense in hockey

They need a 4 point line

so that steph curry season was a fucking hell of an outlier yeah?

Nice Christmas tree

git gud

>adjust stats for when no one took any 3s
>lol the same teams would have won!

no shit, the NBA is unwatchable due to the blatant refball, and the 3 isn't helping. seeing curry carry, palm, double dribble, and get an illegal pick then line up a 3 and drain it, then the entire faggot SJW SF crowd stands up and cheers?

the NBA is dead. NFL is still legit as hell, college and high school b ball is still legit, but kill yourself if you respect refball chuckers like curry.

>seeing curry carry, palm, double dribble, and get an illegal pick then line up a 3 and drain it, then the entire faggot SJW SF crowd stands up and cheers?

what's funny is that your cavs run this kind of play more often. leave it to a millennial to be as dumb and biased as you.

> SJW
>millennial
This is getting sad.

Do you have an actual statement of substance to make or do you just like picking at specific words that make you upset?

Warriors don't even shoot the most 3s this season. Cavs, Rockets and at least 2 other teams have them beat.