Currently in the process of covering my 65" Tv with a easy to take down painting to only use it for special occasions...

Currently in the process of covering my 65" Tv with a easy to take down painting to only use it for special occasions. Has anyone else done this?

Before... otger picture is an in progress

Novel idea. Never heard of anyone doing that. Not sure why you would? There's the possibility of the picture damaging the screen. How do you secure it and ensure no scratches or marks on the screen?

HURR DURR MY GRANDPA PAINTED THIS AND I'M A FAGGOT HURR DURR MY WIFE'S SON RECOMMENDED WE COVER UP THE TV DURRRRRR. FUCK OFF BACK TO THE ROOM THREAD YA CUNT

You're a fucking idiot

The screen will go out 3.5" after the 0.4" mount it installed. Im going to add 3" thickness to the painting frame and secure it using hanging blocks so the painting wouldnt even touch the TV.

Im doing it only because when guest come over all we end ul doing is watching TV because iys the dominant feature of the room. Im making it a hang out and talk place

hey i saw this on a rate my room thread!

good idea. tv is for idiots anyway

Im just curious, what angers you both about someone not wanting a tv in their face constantly?

Yeah that thread got my ass back into working on the house. I took a good 2 months off

Clean. Your. Fucking. Floor.
Christ.

FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER GET THE FUCK OFF MY Sup Forums

add a few more hurs and durs in there and you'll be ready for the 8th grade!

I'm fucking embarrassed for you man.

Quick picture after ripping excess wires and drywall out. The cost of construction

You explain it like that it makes sense. Large TVs are over bearing and do dominate rooms.

u fucking faggot. why would your "before" picture look nicer than the one now? Your cabinet looks like shit in your "current" picture, why would u possibly downgrade. Oh, because u didnt. That pic with the painting probbaly doesnt even have a tv behind it because you probably took this picture a long while ago. This is fucking lame OP, how is this even fun for u?

i think that was the point? he had his painting up before, and now that his tv is there, he needs away to prop it back up

he fuckin said that first picture is "in progress", so no. OP is just a fag

Decoration Mafia is taking over this joint. Soon Sup Forums will be for breath taking.

Bam

Its all about the final product man, once the full stereo setup is done, paint is touched up, chair is placed with finished molding... it will look nice. You dont judge bob ross after his first stroke

Forgot picture

Fucking terrible place for that tv

FUCK OFF OUTTA HERE UR PISSING ME OFF!!

Trust me man... only good options

Then you bought way too big a TV for the room

so u traded in ur nice cabinet for a shit one?

Yeah man.... i wish i got a 46" but my Dick got ahead of me. Sad thing it its my SECOND 65" due to an unfortunate accident 2 weeks in after buying it. Funny quick story if you want to hear

Go ahead, I've got nowhere to be

Nice? That thing was a chipped up piece of shit. Gave it to some indian dude

I like how you have a 65" tv but no electrical outlet covers, or any baseboard around your room.

im talking about the cabinet in the picture with the candles and GOT. You're saying this was shittier than the one you have now? To me, it looks like a downgrade that im not sure why u would make?

This is quite possibly the most hipster bullshit I have ever heard

Girlfriend and I moved into our new house. I go out and buy the biggest TV i could afford because i was stupid. 2 weeks go by and we are loving it. Things get hot and heavy in the front room as im watching GoT and she sits on my lap, grabs the remote and throws it inback of her. We fuck for 6min (being realistic). After i cum and she gets off of me we both are sitting on the couch looking at the smashed TV the remote hit...

Priorities man.... i get half way into construction and buy shit

Nice. Reminds me of the pics of wii-motes breaking TV's back in the day

Needed a solid wood smaller cabinet to make room for a chair for guest. Something JUST big enough to hold the reciever thats on its way

It's weird how you spelled boyfriend wrong. Did your phone auto correct wrong?

Girlfriend and I ...... Uh huh

ok whatever, ill buy it

it's actually a pretty popular design choice. I mean that painting sucks, but a blank television screen is a big negative space generator, ebcuse of the color and lack of texture, it puts a hole in your room design.

A painting is a great way to offset that space.

It's actually pretty white trash just to have an off TV burning a hole in everyone's field of vision.

Personally I use a projector so I don't that the problem.

why would you cover your tv in that stupid fucking thing, i bet you made that yourself, it's fucking horrible it's way more in your face than the TV ever was you fucking retard, you'd be better off just moving the TV if you don't like it

try using a better painting. That thing is a fucking eyesore. It looks like a unicorn had an orgy with a leprechaun and a box of fruity loops and then they both puked on it.

ugly painting

try having some class hippie. You paint like an art school dropout.

Being this mad

#firstworldproblems

there's being mad then there's being fedora, you're as much of a moron as op

If the tv wasnt so tight to the wall, you could maybe put a pair of bracket sockets into the wall either side of the TV easily enough. But it just looks weird being set so far off the wall to make it worth bothering with, imho. And it looks as well as if its a bit to narrow a wallspace.

So much hate for the painting but nobody has ever been on Shrooms or Acid and looked at my collection... changes the way you think.

Yeah im remounting it in a couple of hours to me more out of the way to make the painting placed better

I've done loads of hallucinogens. Not that good still.

So instead of tv and video games you want your bros to come over and dry acid and look at your art collection?
Fuck mate I try not to hate but I thought 'in progress' meant you were still working on that painting.

Like the idea though and incorporating it into my living space

You do know in higher end kind of homes often you will see the owners run a screensaver on their TV's showing fine are, and it cycles as programmed with whatever images you want. Might be a smarter way to go than having to slide a huge pic off your wall when you want to watch TV.

>Your Sup Forums

Kid, nothing is yours in life currently. And Sup Forums never will be for sure.

What does the size of your TV have to do with the fact you had a decent cabinet below it before and now you have a shitty looking one that shows off the damaged baseboards and crappy wall paint now?

None of that has anything to do with the TV itself.

>fine are
=
>fine art

Im just tired of screens always looking at me man. One is fine but it freaks me out when you go to a restaurant and there are 50 TV's going and nobody is ralking to each other. Parents even buy their kids ipads so they dont need to talk to them in restaurants, im just freaked out where tge world is going and how we are all talking less and less

In progress of construction once again

I thought it was to cover up the tv so some cunt wouldnt steal it when youre on holiday

That is why an art or photo screensaver is nice to run on your big screen. Silent and is just art..promotes and allows conversation. Yuo can get/put together collections..change em up depending on seasons, holidays..etc.

Been in many nice homes that do this.

Thanks for the idea man!