What everyone must understand is that owners view football clubs as a business, first and foremost

What everyone must understand is that owners view football clubs as a business, first and foremost.

And rightly so.

Would you risk your own investments for the sake of fan satisfaction?

Also, I've been seeing a lot of fans mentioning why is Claudio getting the sack but Wenger not?

You've got to look at it this way..

Yes Lesta won the league but there was (and still is) a very good chance they go down this season. That is going to lose them a shit ton of money next season.

All the good players (if there's any left) will leave and Lesta may find themselves tumbling down the football leagues.

As the OWNER of a business, what are you going to do? Take a risk and change something and see if new management can change their fortune or stick with what you've got and hope for the best?

Even though, it hasn't all season.

Wenger has never in 21 years at Arsenal ever really put them in a position where the owner's investments are at risk.

That's the difference.

It's the unpopular opinion but, it's the way I see it.

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-press-conference-live-9909883
youtube.com/watch?v=YiFEwGPkNhE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>hmmm we're champions, doing OK in Champions league but look to get relegated...I know let's fire the meme manager. Getting rid of memes is always a smart business decision for attracting members.

>And rightly so.

he made lestah

Football is no longer about local pride and chasing glory, it's about making as much money as possible for shareholders.

>Yes Lesta won the league but there was (and still is) a very good chance they go down this season.

This is the problem

Ranieri wrecked everyone so hard last season Leicester have forgotten they are relegation tier squad.

It's like getting mad at a Citroën C1 driver that is getting overtaken by Ferrari's and Lamborghini's on the highway.

Leicester is plastic cancer, disgrace to the football World

I hope they get relegated down to League two at least.

Stabbing a fucking legend who won them the Premier League and has gotten them 1 game away from CL quarter finals

what everyone must understand is u r a fag

>Getting rid of memes is always a smart business decision

it is
the reason they're in this situation is because they decided to not offload all their meme players to United and China in the summer
they had a golden opportunity to sell these frauds for 10x their actual value and build a proper midtable team that can maybe challenge for europe if the top teams keep fucking up

Yes of course.

The owners of Leicester are only interested in their investment and earning potential of Leicester as a club.

That's how you run a business.

That's how you invest.

>Wenger has never in 21 years at Arsenal ever really put them in a position where the owner's investments are at risk.
i know a lot of teams who earned promotion got there because of owner investment, but when did Ivan and Kroenke ever give their own money for wenger to spend?

They helped pay off the stadium.

so then why did wenger have to tighten the belt for years?

thanks for explaining

*mansplaining

Because the initial down payment on the stadium meant paying off the debt had to priotised over major signings.

Why does everyone keep saying Leicester will never win a PL again? I mean if they could rebuild and spend a lot, they could easily become contenders in the long-term.

lol

fuck off desu

everyone who isn't a neet football romanticist (loser) will understand this decision

>difference between Ranieri and Mourinho:
Mourinho landed the United job soon after. Ranieiri might have a shot in the championship or coaching Crotone or Palermo

>have one meme season
>get rid of only good player
>keep the memes
>try as be a memey as possible this season

Deserved sacking

I'm not going to defend Ranieri: he was never that good of a coach or manager. But I still think it's stupid to suck him now, when you can't buy other players and it will only mean further problems in the locker rooms.
Also Leicester has terrible players that had 1 good season, otherwise they are just a relegation team. They should have sold half of the team last summer and replaced them with actual decent players

They could have literally sold every player and replaced them with whoever they fucking wanted playing meme tactics. A risky move, but a good investment.

Understandable decision, but awful timing.
After a 1-2 away at Sevilla? What's the point of that?

>All the good players (if there's any left) will leave and Lesta may find themselves tumbling down the football leagues.
>implying they can't buy new fit players for the championship

literally their first goal of 2017. It's almost March....

basically this confirms
>mahrez to chelsea

Mourinho reacts to Ranieri's sacking decision:

mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-press-conference-live-9909883

If you want to look at football solely as a business fair play... but in that case don't complain when star players start leaving the pl for China

If we take your point of view football is a business and loyalty is dead - clubs should chase short term gain, players should chase money and fans should bandwagon whoever is successful

He's a lazy fuck though, Pedro/Willian are better for the team.

not even sure if he's pissed or just happy to have a job

I think all of us could've understood the decision if didn't happen literally a few hours after getting a good result against Sevilla. It makes the owners look like they expected Lester to BTFO Sevilla in Spain, if he got sacked before the game or after getting KO'd from the CL, it could've been understandable.

>If we take your point of view football is a business and loyalty is dead - clubs should chase short term gain, players should chase money and fans should bandwagon whoever is successful

So, pretty much what is happening now, then
Which is why football is now a shit game and why rugby will probably end up the same way ten years from now.

>not even sure if he's pissed or just happy to have a job
...which he won't have when they finish in sixth place.

He's being polite. Mourinho's well known Englishness.

Maureen is seething, see his Instagram post supporting his amico ranieri

I would say you're seething. Mourinho is the Manchester United Top Dog and he'll be for many many years and win many many trophies.

Just make your peace with it.

Everyone understands why Raineri was sacked, that isn't the point.

It reminds me of this story I read about some guy who paid for some hooker and went over to her house and saw a load of used condoms in a bin and then couldn't go through with it.

It's the same with soccer, the whole reason you buy the shirts and watch the matches is because you pretend it's something it isn't, you pretend your part of a collective that your all in it together.
When Ranieri gets sacked it's like seeing a bunch of condoms in a bin, it ruins the illusion, you can't pretend soccer is anything more than a shitcunt of money and greedy fucks.

Everyone can understand why Raineri got sacked, but it ruins the beautiful lie they've been telling themselves so it's upsetting

time to wake up and smell the ashes faaaag

youtube.com/watch?v=YiFEwGPkNhE