Is Lorde the greatest female artist of this generation?

Is Lorde the greatest female artist of this generation?

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/49448-grimes-speaks-out-in-defense-of-beyonce-gangnam-style-and-mariah-carey/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yep. Shes going to redefine pop. I guarantee it

Is she Grimes?

No, she's good.

Lorde is nice, but Grimes is far superior. Bonus: Lorde has been influenced by Grimes.

Grimes fags leave

She's so real

Where?

And is that what went so terribly wrong?

Actual best female artist of this generation coming through.

I liked her debut more but melodrama is still good

>tfw used to live across the street from here
Pretty crazy to see it happen.

Did you ever fuck

is she newsom?

that would be park choa

She always makes me smile

only worthwhile answer in these waifu threads

then her mission is complete and she's never failed once in her career

Did you know she met joanna? She made sure to be very nice to her

No she never will be

Fuck

Kpop reeee

her name is choa and she's better than kpop

Well?

It's not like her music is bad, I actually like it, I even went to her concert once
It's more that Grimesfags on Sup Forums are so importunate that it makes them and her unbearable, they are on a crusade to turn everyone into her fans but they do more harm
Anyway it used to be much worse, especially when one of these fags was given mod rights and turned every (insert-your-favourite-female-artist) thread into a inbred Grimes circlejerk

Fuck off

People like grimes because she actually knows how to use her gear.

>tfw no pale gf

SMOKE

She said her favorite song from her is Skin

>Is she Grimes?
>Is Lorde the greatest female artist of this generation?

Is it a coincendence that both have dated ASIAN GUYS ?????

fetid looking creature

None of this is real

>Is it a coincendence that both have dated ASIAN GUYS ?????

How can people honestly like Lorde?

Her latest hit about great white sharks and their teeth or some shit was cringy af.

If this is what's upheld as great "art" then music needs a big mainstream awakening.

>>Is it a coincendence that both have dated ASIAN GUYS ?????

GRIMES : "I know because I grew up in Vancouver and half my high school was Korean or Chinese and the kind of shit I heard all the time was horrible. I used to walk around with my Chinese boyfriend and people would yell slurs out of cars. Racism isn't over. Sexism isn't over."
pitchfork.com/news/49448-grimes-speaks-out-in-defense-of-beyonce-gangnam-style-and-mariah-carey/

No. They dated for a long time

>why doesnt she like niggers and are bottom of the
> I have a nigger bf yea I met him at and he listens to hardcore rap like post malone his friend went to a drunk tank one time for being drunk in public #bottom.bitch

Sauce

I'm just making stuff up nobody thinks like that

>mask off goes fucking HARD man, heaviest music

This is cute

What about how mu has inexplicably instagated controversy about her for over a year, like who even cares this much? Why's she compared to actually great musicians all the time? She would hate the internet doing that

Also this is sarcasm

Exactly, she hasnt even caught a body yet. Lil wayne caught a body and hes doing fine.

It's just pop music guy loosen up your fedora

Are you one of them?

It makes me really sick

Yes im here from beyond the grave, to warn of the evils of black music.

>still posting a fake poll
Actually the red slice are the patricians. Either way, you can't win. lol

>they are on a crusade to turn everyone into her
How do you know that?

>le so deep pouty-lip slightly open mouth "dude weed bro"-eyes look

Grimes is 5'5"

That means...

When will they learn?

BTFO

Patrician choice.
>People like grimes because she actually knows how to use her gear.
She gets so much from her equipment. Her music is really rich and exciting.
>user looking in his mirror

>Why's she compared to actually great musicians all the time?
Because she's already one of the greatest musicians of all time. You just don't see that yet because she's too new. 10 years from now people will talk about her with the same respect they talk about Kate Bush and Bjork. Mark my words.

>no u
totally roasted

Grimes has released 4 albums so far, the reviews of which haven't reached the level of the first 4 reviews for Bjork and Kate Bush's reviews. Also add that the serious music-reviewing community on the internet has already decided that Bjork has far outshined Grimes. Maybe people with a casual understanding of music will tout Grimes as equal though.

*albums and nevermind for Kate Bush, although her four most acclaimed albums still have better reviews than Grimes' four.

>Grimes has released 4 albums so far, the reviews of which haven't reached the level of the first 4 reviews for Bjork and Kate Bush's reviews.
Bjork and Kate Bush were highly overrated because there was little competition then. If they would release their albums today, they would be far less acclaimed. No matter the reviews (which are just opinions), Grimes is a far superior artist in every way. And more authentic, given that she does everything in her music.
>Also add that the serious music-reviewing community on the internet has already decided that Bjork has far outshined Grimes.
Bollocks. Nobody decided anything. You can't even prove that. The game is still playing because both Grimes and Bjork are still active.
>Maybe people with a casual understanding of music will tout Grimes as equal though.
Maybe. But people with a deeper understanding of music will see that Grimes is the real deal. Such people aren't fooled by the whole drama surrounding her and actually focus purely on her music. They could see that both KB & B sound dated now. They could see that many of their songs are underwhelming or plain lazy. They could see through the sickening acclaim of those 2 overrated artists: it's just pop music with some flourishes.

>although her four most acclaimed albums still have better reviews than Grimes' four.
Grimes' first 2 albums weren't proper albums. They were more like experiments before the real debut, Visions. Just like Bjork had that album from 1977. They're far too out there and eccentric to have an instant success with the critics.
I'm convinced that Grimes' next album will have a massive critical success. She said that she prepares unexplored audio landscapes.

user, Lorde STARTED OUT with Grimes as an influence. If you wanna pin blame on anyone for the direction Melodrama went, go talk to Taylor Swift.