Tell me about Vietnamese culture.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bánh_chưng
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bánh_giầy
i.imgur.com/75mZfQx.jpg).
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they have a culture of rekt american asses

Lower Tier than Thai.

Same as Chinese culture, sadly. We lost our original (ooga booga) culture more than 2000 years ago.

Tell me more about original Vietnamese culture.

They grew rice, they had a elective monarchy, they worshipped ancestors (in their own style) and they followed matrilineality, basically the same as many Vietic peoples still do now, like the Chuts.

what do viets think about whites/ chinamen/ japs?

>whites
Based and successful.
>chinamen
Not very positive if not blatantly hatred.
>japs
Very positive, most people here are weeb by Western standard and they don't even know it.

Have their been any modern revivals of original Vietnamese culture? Or attempts to remove Chinese influence from Vietnamese culture?

Their coffee culture is great imo

Nope, we just get some western influences and no more Chinese influences.

Are there still many people who can read Chinese characters?

Would I be able to d*ck a viet qt for just being white?

Who is Vietnam going to support in the upcoming North Korea-USA war? Will you give some tips to the dearest leader about how to defeat burgers?

Maybe those who learn Chinese, the rest: no.
I think yes, since women here are very delusional (about the same as most women really).

About that war, I think our government will try to be as neutral as possible, but our government won't like to see South Korea to get rekted, so we will help America in some aspects at least.

This thread just reinforces the idea that Europeans and Asians are the only human beings on a planet of fucking monkeys.

Brother, no.

You mentioned that Vietnamese culture is mostly influenced from China. Honestly, you shouldn't think like that because every country is influenced by others. It's how you shape that imported culture that matters. What are some things that have a distinctly Vietnamese flavor to them. Doesn't have to be from before 2000 years ago. It can even be more recent things, such as the ao dai, which I heard is influenced by the Chinese qipao. Despite the influence, the ao dai is distinctly Vietnamese in my eyes. Also, the Vietnamese hat - even though many Asian cultures have it, the Vietnamese seem to have embraced it the most - and I've also seen some of those Vietnamese hats with beautiful artwork on them. Vietnamese coffee - yeah, coffee came from the Europeans, but there's a distinct Vietnamese flair to it; same with Vietnamese sandwiches. Know what I mean? What are some things like that? Don't give me a defeatist answer about how everything came from China, etc. I wish you would be more assertive about your culture and take pride in it.

I'm asking because I'm genuinely interested, and I live near a Vietnamese community.

Thank you for your interest. Not the same user above but I have something to say:
We do preserve some of our culture after the Chinese domination.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bánh_chưng
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bánh_giầy

Bánh Chưng is something we made to celebrate Lunar New Year and it is very popular nationwide. Preparing them takes efforts and the process of boiling the cakes usually takes a whole night and requires constant care. Since new year is the occasion where people unite with their families, preparing Bánh Chưng is a great chance for them to bond and share stories together. Furthermore, some of the process is simple enough for children to participate, as a result this is a great catalyst for multiple generations to gather together. Pretty comfy imo.
Pic related is Bánh Giầy, similar to Japanese mochi but served with Vietnamese sausage and eaten like a mini hamburger.

Vietnamese cuisine is excellent.

Chinese

No. I am not kidding.

t. Autist

No one cares about your fucking shilling on a Canadian leafblowing apology board. Sorry but you're not changing a thing.

t. Eduardo Chang

Most Vietnamese people follow folk religion. They worship their ancestors along with local gods such as:
Ông Địa (Land Genie) - Thần Tài (God of Prosperity) (they often go together, like this: i.imgur.com/75mZfQx.jpg).
Ông Táo (Kitchen God): he watches over the household and do an annual report to the Heaven. There is a separate ceremony to prepare him for the journey to heaven, occurs on the 23th of December in the lunar calendar.

Anyway, in the night before new year, people usually prepare a feast to tribute the people as well as the gods who helped them throughout the year. The feast traditionally must have a whole boiled chicken together with complementary dishes and an assortment of fruits which carry good luck message through their names (homophones). Then incense is burned to start the tribute.

vietnamese qts aren't for whites!

>vietnamese qts aren't for whites!

dont worry, he is Italian