ITT: Movies women will never understand

ITT: Movies women will never understand

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/hugemoff/list/movies-women-will-never-understand/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ran was better

letterboxd.com/hugemoff/list/movies-women-will-never-understand/

Why Gattaca and Ex Machina?

if you're making a entry level meme list at least include barry lyndon and ikiru

>Gattaca
A mans devotion to being better than himself and what others will allow him to be
>Ex Machina
The desperation faced by men unable to meet the unrealistic expectations set by women and the inability to understand their illogical delusions only to be betrayed

Ran > Throne of Blood > The Hidden Fortress > Seven Samurai > Rashomon > Drunken Angel > Ikiru > Yojimbo > Sanjuro > Red Beard > Kagemusha > Stray Dog > High and Low > Sugata Sanshiro > Madadayo > Dersu Uzala > I Live in Fear > The Bad Sleep Well > No Regrets for Our Youth > Sugata Sanshiro II > The Lower Depths > The Idiot

Movies my mom loves / really hates.

I left films she hasn't seen (or I don't know her opinion on) or films she has no strong opinions on either way blank.

Sup Forums confirmed sexist

your mom, like any woman, can like, enjoy or even love any of these movies, but they will never fully understand the movie.

>liking = understanding
user please

>crying tears of joy as the rocket takes off in gattaca
>she didn't get it
Clearly it was just the sad strings coming on that triggered a Pavlovian response.

I don't really understand how women can't understand movies based on masculine ideas just because of that? But i'm a girl so...I can't ever maybe fully experience the empathize with the emotions but I think I can understand

can you give an example of a movie?

Well, like Taxi Driver, and maybe this is pretty straight forward, the story of a man whose loneliness and desire to be bigger than himself drives him to try to become a hero but in his nature he's not a hero and he acknowledges this at the end when he sees himself in the mirror and sees the "monster" in himself. I'd like to here more about how other people saw it though I don't have many film friends maybe I'm wrong!!
Also I thought Ex Machina (which I did not like, it was very unimpressive and forced) was supposed to be about humans enforcing their humanity on a robot who doesn't have a semblance of human emotion, which is how it tricked them with their assumption that she operates like a human woman. The "message" about female oppression maybe there I thought was dumb since it's...just a robot

>Gattaca
>The Last Samurai
>All Quiet on the Western Front
>The Shawshank Redemption
>Blade Runner
>Gladiator
Really? Seriously? Fucking Blade Runner? Gattaca?

>A mans devotion to being better than himself and what others will allow him to be
Oh yeah this is so fucking hard to understand, and no woman can empathise with something like this.

I agree with Ex Machina, it was kind of predictable if you're into the whole sci-fi and AI subjects. In this case, I think women will never understand it completely because your average woman will never experience lonliness or sexual desire the way men do. You have no idea what some men do in order to get laid. Most women don't have that problem.

Taxi Driver is great. It's like you said, basically a man trying to become a better version of himself, trying to accomplish something. I think a lot of men identify with it because we all have ambitions in one way or another (or should have, I think). A lot of women aren't as ambitious or take as much action, so it seems.

In Gattaca, the distinction is between natural humans and uber humans. It is pretty clear because of that.

>The Outsiders
Kek

>The desperation faced by men unable to meet the unrealistic expectations set by women and the inability to understand their illogical delusions only to be betrayed

LMAO
As a man, be real

I can agree that women can't experience the same loneliness in terms of sexual desire since it's typical in society for men to pursue women and for women to hold themselves about men in terms of the importance of sex...its obvious just going on a dating site. I expirenced rejection of course and social loneliness/isolation but sex is a whole other monster yeah.

I don't know about female ambition...I haven't studied the topic or looked into it as much. I've met a lot of both genders who are both very ambitious or completely directionless. But I know there are chemical differences in genders so maybe there's fact behind this! I consider myself fairly ambitious but I often avoid my larger projects out of fear of them not working out, but I think I'm starting to conquer that a little (sorry to get slightly personal)

Your mom sounds like a woman

Nope never will. Don't care

>Really? Seriously?

post feet

That movie about where the mom has to not fuck a baby but then she does it and she kills it and its sad

>Dead Poet Society
>Man On Fire
>Ex Machina

>ITT beta faggots who need to feel better than someone's mom

Hilary Clinton is more ambitious than the dweebs in Sup Forums combined.

moms aren't girls, idiot

But are they women? I need to know.

My sides

>Movies women will never understand
OP is sexist and stupid

I have the Criterion of this and still haven't watched it

I need to find a 4 hour stretch of free time

Love this thread. I always post pic related.

Pic related

Agreed these breads are the best for triggering normies

100% correct
no