Stop saying electronic

House is a 35 year old genre that displays several characteristics similar to disco music with influences from soul and earlier r&b, produced by a synthesizer and from samples of disco or funk songs.

Techno is a 35 year old genre resulting from the melding of African American music including Chicago house, funk, electro, and electric jazz with music by artists such as Kraftwerk, Giorgio Moroder, and Yellow Magic Orchestra. This diverged into other styles including ambient, hardcore and IDM.

Breaks are a 30 year old genre which utilizes breaks, often sampled from earlier recordings in funk, jazz, and R&B, for the main rhythm and used in styles such as hip hop, jungle, drum and bass, hardcore, UK garage, 2-step, breakstep and dubstep and even pop and rock.

UKGarage is a 25 year old genre commonly feature 'chopped up' and time-shifted or pitch-shifted vocal samples complementing the underlying rhythmic structures which largely subsumed into other styles of music and production in the mid-2000s, including 2-step, dubstep, bassline and grime.

Downtempo is an umbrella term for several styles of electronic music (including trip hop, nu jazz, lounge) characterized by their mellow style and mid-tempo beats, emerged in the early and mid-1990s in "chill rooms" at dance clubs, where relaxing music was played to allow dancers a chance to "chill out" from the more emphatic and fast-tempo music played on the main dance floor.

Trance is gay, who cares.

I like electronic music too.

>hip hop is an independent massive genre (even though it's electronic music)
>house, techno, breaks, garage are all "electronic music"

Pardners crack me up I swear

Burial invented IDGarage

wingardium leviosa!

Stay in your containment thread

No such thing.

>IDM

Funny too because they're all more varied genres than hip hop

threadly reminder "pardners" invented disco, house, techno and also most of the technology and gear used to produce your shitty dance music
now back to your containment thread, subhuman

So what?

Cavemen invented the wheel, and yet people don't choose to live in caves with no clothes in the winter.

Breaks were invented by a Jamaican living in New York, also. Really, the only innovation a European ever made in regards to dance music was the discovery ecstasy worked well with this new genre of African-American music.

Jimmy Saville invented DJ'ing in the late 1940s

breaks are an element not a genre

umm....

Originally I guess but breaks are widely regarded now as an umbrella genre for everything after breakbeat hardcore and jungle.

that's like saying harmony is a genre

Or "rap"

>word meanings can't change or vary

And gay still only means to be "happy and jolly" right.

> I like multiple men fucking me in the ass simultaneously: The Thread

wow it's like you really just read a wikipedia article about electronic music

Counterpoint is a genre
drum and bass is a genre
breaks is a genre

breaks has a double meaning
old skool hardcore, jungle, drum and bass (and all the sub-genres), breakcore, broken beats, etc... have all elements in common and share a history. Listing them individually is tiresome, so people refer to breaks as that element and factor that they all share.
You have to be autistic to not see that.

This is not /metal/ mate

>African American music
>post white/asian artists

>>house, techno, breaks, garage are all "electronic music"
This is true, you cannot refute this

Fpbp