Realistically, how long would it take Rizzo to become the best American cricketer in the US? The world?

Realistically, how long would it take Rizzo to become the best American cricketer in the US? The world?

twitter.com/ICC/status/835157365167013889

Other urls found in this thread:

letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=3981668
youtube.com/watch?v=vYMhT_wgBwE
youtube.com/watch?v=KQ3mdrQeTHE
thetab.com/uk/cambridge/2014/10/26/baseball-vs-cricket-9-reasons-baseball-wins-40397
youtube.com/watch?v=pcvTBmsPotU
totalsportek.com/cricket/australian-player-salaries/
dreamcricket.com/articles/dreamcricket-usa-news/when-babe-ruth-tried-his-hand-at-cricket/
youtube.com/watch?v=RENLMum5wz4
youtube.com/watch?v=CcQe-FBLaCo
youtube.com/watch?v=kG-5lj69gsw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

3 days to be best in the US, 2 and a half weeks to make Don Bradman look like an amateur.

>sport dominated by Pajeets
It wouldn't take any MLB player long to become a top cricket player

if they're only allowed to bowl little lollipops like that, then very very quickly

Do you honestly believe an MLB player would have trouble hitting a cricket bowl? Especially considering the fact they bounce off the ground first

Albert Pujols became elite by being poor as fuck in the DR. He practiced with a broom and bottle caps for balls. Pretty sure he can hit a baseball sized ball with essentially a 2x4

Rizzo would dominate

honestly, that's like asking if any human would struggle playing QB as it's easy to throw a football.

being able to hit a cricket ball is 0.1% of the battle.

The best in the US? Like a week. Anything remotely approaching one of the better ones in the world? I'm not sure it's even possible.

PLEASE

*Also, the swinging motion is completely different, and I imagine that if it was that easy to become a pro cricket player than the leagues in Australia and India and wherever else they play cricket would be absolutely dominated by Americans who didn't quite make it into Major League Baseball.

How long would it take LeBron to be an elite cricketer? Go check out ESPN Insider to know...

Lets see him on an actual crease against an actual bowler

Bowling a slow straight ball on grass may as well not even be cricket in comparison

You're assuming that they'd move to shitholes to hit rocks for poverty tier wages

yes

fucking muh dick

Cricket is pretty popular, right? I'm sure the players in the Australian cricket league are making more money than minor league baseball players.

an english player just made a couple of million USD by playing in india for three months

It's easy to hit a baseball out of the ground. The area that you're legally required to pitch the ball into is almost never used in cricket since it's literally free runs, especially if the ball hasn't bounced, since that completely removes any variation in bounce and lets the batsman hit it at full pace

>It's easy to hit a baseball out of the ground.

It's insanely difficult. I get your point about not being able to just crush it 400 feet, but it's not even remotely easy.

People get paid 10s of millions of dollars to hit the ball 3/10 times every time they go up to the plate, they get paid 5 million to be a standard .250 hitter. Hitting a baseball is one of the hardest things to do in sports, not THE hardest but one of.

I'm sure

Minor league washout MLB players would be able to CRUSH any cricket team given a year to actually learn the sport.

The greatest Cricket players of all time have absolutely zero chance at all of even competing or even becoming good enough to get a try out somewhere. No matter how much time they were given.

its the difference between professional hockey and a bunch of drunk guys playing lacrosse in college in terms of the talent required for the sports. similar but just no comparison.

Hmm

And you base this on what? American arrogance?

Americans will never understand the depth of knowledge that goes into cricket. For example, in cricket a seasoned veteran can look at the colour of the pitch and get a good idea about how the game will play out, which bowlers will perform best, which batsmen will struggle and on which time of day wickets will fall.
I havent even gotten started on tactics. In baseball the tactics consist of, "let's hit the ball hard lmao." The Pitchers tactic is "Ayyyy let's through the ball fast". Just put three fielders on the designated fielder positions, have so comically dressed dude to act as wicket keeper and fuck it senpai just scatterthe rest in the designated 90 degree hitting wedge to which the batsman is limited. Field placments do not mater at all because the batsmen is forced, by the rules of the game, to hit it at the fielders.

Want to use the pace of the ball to angle a finely placed glance? lol fuck off you have to whack it in the designated hitting wedge faggot. Want to play a defensive stroke to keep out a good ball? Too bad dickhead you can't choose to do that just whallop it you goof! There is absolutely no vairiety in the game, no situational decision making required of the batsmen and no aspect of sustained mental fortitude.

All the nuances of the gentleman's game will never be understood by "lowest common demoninator" baseball fags who are more interested in how many toppings they can fit on their hotdogs, or how many roids they can put in their mexicans, than anything to do with their game. Baseball has about as much subtlety as american music, that is to say none at all.

Cricket is an ultimate game of skill.

In baseball you literally get a huge novelty sized padded and webbed catching glove, the ball soft and squishy and it is not even allowed to bounce!

In cricket you can unironically murder a batsmen without breaking a single rule. In baseball if you so much as through the ball anywhere outside of the batsman's designated swinging arc he doesn't even have to face another bowl, he just walks (walks) away and is spared from future embarrassment because some japanese dude didnt throw him a waste high full toss pie two feet outside off.

That's right, in baseball there is a pre-arranged bowl that inevitably is thrown every single fucking time. You can't bouce the ball (taking spin and seam completely out of the equation). You cannot change the angle of delivery. You cannot bowl boucer yorker combos. You cannot work on the bowl for half a day until it starts reverse swinging. There are no off cutter slow balls, there are no googlie wronguns there are no flippers or skidders or chinamen. Just full tosses outside off every single fucking ball.

Finally, and this is the clincher, the batsman unironically gets three chances. If you are playing in your back yard against your seven your old niece bowling heat you may just give her a second chance if you get her out first bowl, but otherwise in cricket you make one tiny error your day is over. In baseball, you can fuck up and the umpire is like "lmao take it back you can have two more goes at that."

Cricket is played by pakis and aussies (same thing), basedball is played by American alphas

hmm

I'm sure Americans find it very difficult to hit a ball.

you just said it takes the athleticism of your average golfer.
hitting a MLB level baseball pitch is the most difficult thing to do in sports. world wide sports. even incredible batters in the MLB are gonna get burnt and strikeout.

and youre telling me
they dont even have different pitches
its more like bowling
a game you just said depends on hand eye coordination
and the ability to read a fucking green like some middle aged golfer

this cant be replicated by practice?
excuse me do they have fucking CRICKET CAGES over there on that island? because the in the 1st world we have automated batting cages that are everywhere with different speed pitches to practice.

but yeah. take the pitching out of baseball and Im sure it would be much more difficult.
Not like a bigger bat, slower pitches, less variation on pitches delivered and general shitty athleticism of the oppostion in cricket would make it much easier.

>you see its much more difficult because its more like golf or bowling
jesus christ this is why the emus almost wiped you guys out

letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=3981668

youtube.com/watch?v=vYMhT_wgBwE

>less variation on pitches delivered
kek

KEK

K - E - K
-
E
-
K

>the best americans can only hit the ball 30% of the time

kek

KEK

I can see why you guys got expelled from UK proper and banished to redneck island

>average of 92 MPH (i dont know how to put that in kilometers per metric sun dial) fastball with ability to alter curve, changeup speeds, knuckle the ball to alter its course on the way to the plate
>said ball travels so fast the batter actually cant see it the last 15 feet and has to possess the mental acuity to correctly judge and swing on said ball with a bat that has a smaller surface area
>batter has to start swinging before the pitch comes close and has a fraction of a second margin of error between a full power swing on his estimation of where the ball will be
vs.
>nigel pajeetistan winds up 14 paces from gerry falkiingham and prepares to hurly burly
>here it comes
>oh what a beautiful hurly burly the acceleration of the wimbly bimbly must have exceeded that of a soccer ball kicked really hard!
>here it comes the wimbly bimbly was thrown into the ground where it
wait for it
>BOUNCES and reduces speed thus giving the batter time to track this pathetic attempt at athleticism
>Oh the batter is winding up after the wimbly bimbly has struck the ground because its travelling so slow he actually has time to do that before it reaches him
>OH my he swung the sniggy snog hitty log with so much force that the wimbly bimbly was hit almost 20 meters from the fucking sticks we stuck in the ground behind him like some fucking aboriginal shrine to inferiority!
>of course not with enough force to crack an oak baseball bat like an MLB game, but certainly enough for the sniggy snog hitty log to make quit a loud noise
>three days from now when this game ends that will certainly be remembered as a series of events that happened!

Not reading this novel of a post

wrong in every way

I have no idea who's shitposting and who's just stupid anymore. So many short story-length posts that are almost entirely bullshit.

>it's the monthly cricket vs baseball thread between the dumbest american and australian posters on all of spee

both sports have a ball and bat and point of the game is to hit the ball.

The similarities literally stop there.

what do you guys call a home run?
oh thats right they dont even have a term for such an occurrence. remember the aboriginal saying "why worry about lightning when you dont see rain"

jesus christ the rest of the world really thinks that if the USA pool of athletes actually had a culture shift they wouldnt entirely dominate soccer and cricket
because soccer and cricket are just the pinnacle of athletic prowess and thats why the USA doesnt dominate it like any other sport it bothers to care about. because its sooo difficult.

>except for china and ping pong. they fucking run that sport hands down.

Good points for American side
>cricket is played by Indians so they can't be any good

Good points for Australian side
>Americans are obese, but can't let on about goose

Hmm

I have seen that many morbidly obese or at the very least noticeably baseballers it's ridiculous, even now.

Cricketers stopped being overweight by the mid 90's.

I love when Americans try and make fun of the English. They have absolutely no idea of the existence of the world outside of them so they have to rely on incredibly vague and outlandish stereotypes. Did you get all of your cricket knowledge from that episode of Family Guy?

>what do you guys call a home run?
>oh thats right they dont even have a term for such an occurrence
wew

>You will never seethe this much

>The American understanding of Cricket

youtube.com/watch?v=KQ3mdrQeTHE

Baseball is to cricket what pool is to snooker. One is a watered down version to appeal to tasteless retards such as yourself, the other is a highly intellectual sport.

*noticeably overweight.
I think the better question is whether or not cricketers could entirely dominate baseball if they chose to play it, especially considering a LOT of cricketers play baseball as well. We're a lot better at baseball than you are at cricket.You had to get removed from the fucking rankings because you were so shit. About five different fucking countries are better than you at softball as well with fucking NEW ZEALAND topping the Men's rankings.

This thread is still going

You ever seen the show "rules of engagement"? It's kinda like that one episode where Jeff and Timmy play cricket

Fucking hell I've seen that fucking one it's excruciating.

Nah but i'm gonna go watch it

Yeah, people only take an eyeful and assume ones easier then the other. The reality is both have Thier ups and downs

>what do you guys call a home run?
>oh thats right they dont even have a term for such an occurrence. remember the aboriginal saying "why worry about lightning when you dont see rain"
it's called a six m8

Cricket has never ever been portrayed in any way shape or form in any american mass media or pop culture.

Researching cricket to help fuel this thread
>matches can end in draws
>cricket is over complicated, long, boring, and insulated to prevent its exportation to actual countries that could destroy the countries pathetically sheltered enough to preserve it puroposefully
>every single actual comparison of cricket and MLB athletes has the baseball player BTFO the cricket guy at batting, pitching, whatever metric you want.

thetab.com/uk/cambridge/2014/10/26/baseball-vs-cricket-9-reasons-baseball-wins-40397
their own media backs it up when you look into it.

I mean just like soccer, croquet, cricket or whatever else sports you guys have a league for over there, I'm not staying up to listen to a ham radio broadcast of a game or match or round or lap or whatever you call it from islamaabad because the sport doesnt even get televised properly just to hear it end in a tie which seems to be the goal of these "sports"

Yeah I was watching that Cubs final game, half players couldn't hit ball or identify when they should hit the ball.

Baseball looks just as difficult as cricket, but I don't even think they're that comparable seeing Cricket is played in three entirely different formats that completely change the aspects and nuances of the sport depending on which format is being played.

These threads are always cheeky but when mouth breathers actually start arguing which one is better it's time to stop posting.

>cites a satirical article in to support his argument

'Merica

That's precisely the reason they would have trouble hitting the ball.

Top players in Aus get $900k a year with the captain getting $1.12 mil. You'd get other money through ads. India has a hugggeee market so their top players earn millions.

There are different formats of the game. Tests last around 5 days and are the most prestigious but there are also ODI's and T20's which are much shorter and friendlier to an american tier attention span. Also, the sports not overcomplicated at all. The basic gist of it is very simple. Make more runs than the other team by hitting the ball. However, it quickly becomes extremely nuanced at the top level of play with all sorts of factors affecting how the game gets played out. For this reason it's probably one of the best sports around today.

there isn't any comparison between baseball and cricket athletes because there's no fucking similarities in skills
>cricket has never ever been portrayed in any way shape or form in any american mass media or pop culture
objectively incorrect, YOU just weren't alive to see it
You keep on talking about how cricket hasn't been exported to America, when it LITERALLY was the national sport of America before the revolutionary war

literally k y s

article wasnt satire. that was just facts and observations laid out. read it.
again. youtube.com/watch?v=vYMhT_wgBwE
watch it. that claim youre making is laughable.

this is the best post in the thread
>Yeah I was watching that Cubs final game, half players couldn't hit ball or identify when they should hit the ball.
thats because hitting a MLB baseball is beyond difficult and requires the reflexes of a god and even more superhuman training to actually hit the ball correctly

>Baseball looks just as difficult as cricket
Driving a F1 car competitively looks just as difficult as that stationary bike that replicates the tour de france.

>T20 was invented to mimic baseball because the actual sport was so boring it had to be re tooled to attract an actual audience
oh and for my fellow freedom flags, T20 is a form of cricket and a very sad attempt at poor baseball mechanics
look at this. this is a promotion.
youtube.com/watch?v=pcvTBmsPotU
NO WINNER is followed by an exclamation point. now compare that to the last world series.

And then we made it better

by stealing a girl's sport from England?
kek

try reading the comments of that video you keep posting

Yeah, that makes sense. So if cricket was really that easy, your league would be swamped with American guys who are just not quite good enough for MLB. Japan has limits on the number of foreign players in its baseball league for this exact reason.

$900k isn't much compared to MLB (I think the MLB minimum is like $700k), but still, it's a hell of a lot better than what you make in the average job.

where did you get those numbers from? Fatshit makes 5 million a year

>Yeah I was watching that Cubs final game, half players couldn't hit ball or identify when they should hit the ball

That's because hitting a pitch from a pro pitcher is obscenely difficult.

>Baseball looks just as difficult as cricket

Yeah, that's probably true. Generally, I think all the big pro sports are difficult purely because you have millions of people competing for spots as athletes and billions of dollars invested in those athletes. Cricket, as a concept, sounds pretty damn easy (underhanded pitching and you get a big paddle for a bat? Batter's heaven), but I'm sure it's actually really difficult.

The Tab is a student newspaper known for being absolutely shit. It's not a credible news source at all.

>yeah, unless he has to face a bouncer, yorker, x-cutter, off-break, leg-break, googly, doosra, or carrom ball.

lul wtf

You just play in the IPL, where you get a couple of million for a couple of months of play. They auction off every professional cricketer who wants in.

It would. Luckily, cricket's not that easy and not many skills are transferable between mlb and cricket.

totalsportek.com/cricket/australian-player-salaries/

>when it LITERALLY was the national sport of America before the revolutionary war

yeah and then freedom happened and now we get real sports.
perhaps someday when you faggots get tired of having a FOREIGN MONARCHY pictured on your fucking currency you guys can evolve into real sports also. dont tell me what the national sport was during the reign of tyranny by another nation that we ended unlike some people.

Lol what a fag

look it up.
holy shit he's right. cricket was big in america.
>only in ivy league and aristocratic clubs on the east coast

tell me do you guys have a professional rowing league also? thats pretty big with those faggots also and is at least more entertaining and athletic than cricket.

>You keep on talking about how cricket hasn't been exported to America, when it LITERALLY was the national sport of America before the revolutionary war

That's not really true. Cricket had a little popularity among the upper classes of the northeast as early as the 1750s, hell, the first international cricket match was Canada vs some guys from Philadelphia in the 1840s, but calling it the "national sport" is an absurd exaggeration.

Cricket failed to catch on here because it wasn't the national sport. It was something that a small group of elites played, and was tied up with Britain in everyone's imaginations at a time when Britain was still not that popular here (the USA-Britain love affair didn't start until the 1880s). For whatever reason, the lower classes made their own variation of it and ran with that instead.

Then the elites moved on to rugby, and that's how we got football.

>Not like a bigger bat
how many times does a baseball player hit a ball in a game? Once? Twice? It's supposed to be easy to hit the ball in cricket, that's not the point of the sport.
>slower pitches

>implying just throwing the ball fast makes it too difficult to hit

>less variation on pitches delivered
there's more variation in cricket, because you can manipulate the ball of the ground. You don't get that ability in baseball. Any throw in baseball you can replicate in a bowl, but it doesn't work the other way around

>and general shitty athleticism of the oppostion in cricket would make it much easier.

What does that matter? It's a game of skill, being a freak athlete only lets you hit the ball harder or make a few more runs.

Lmao excellent thread

Dumb Americans

>how many times does a baseball player hit a ball in a game? Once? Twice?

It's anywhere from 3 to 5 times. If you're hitting more times than that, either it went to extra innings or your team is fucking dominating.

I'm not saying cricket is easy or anything, not getting into "my bat and ball sport is better than yours!", but the speed is a huge part of what makes it so tough to hit. The reflexes involved are insane.

>Any throw in baseball you can replicate in a bowl, but it doesn't work the other way around

Well yeah, because if you were stupid enough to throw the ball into the ground the batter would just not swing.

hitting a cricket bowl is a hell of a lot different than hitting a baseball pitch.

it would take a hell of a long time for him to be able to adjust.

>Americans are proud of playing sports no one plays and has little to no international involvement

LOL world series

yorkers are the patricians choice of bowls.

That's Konishiki from Japan, yo.

yes. I dont argue with the laws of physics. youre actually "implying" that increased speed wouldn't make it more difficult to hit.

you might be able to doge an arrow shot from the pitching mound.
you would not be able to dodge a bullet.
because bullets travel faster. being much more difficult to avoid.

the islanders we didnt have the good grace to turn into proper states or even american territories are now arguing against the laws of physics using meme arrows unironically.

the clown duo of ausfalia/old zealand are getting so BTFO itt it is time to do the right thing and just sell those shitbag countries to china

That's a japanese team.

Baseball is the #1 sport in Japan, Cuba, Panama, Taiwan, Venezuela, and the Dominican Republic. It's a major sport in South Korea, Canada, Mexico, and iirc Colombia.

Baseball doesn't have the global reach of soccer, but it does have a lot of international appeal. "World Series" is more of a traditional name than anything else, I don't remember exactly why that name was first chosen but like everything else in baseball we stick with it because it's a tradition. It's been the name since the 1880s. And I do think you can say without a shadow of a doubt that the best team in MLB is the best team in the world, so I don't mind the name "world series" anyway.

I don't really like how we're turning sports discussion into Sup Forums shitposting.

>dreamcricket.com/articles/dreamcricket-usa-news/when-babe-ruth-tried-his-hand-at-cricket/

>According to NY Times, Babe tried to adjust his stance without too much luck. So he went back to his baseball methods and smacked everything that Fairfax and his students served. When he was done, the bat had a broken handle and the reporters noted that he had edged so many balls that the edges had nearly disappeared.

but we're not talking about the difference in speed between an arrow and a bullet. increased speed to not correlate linearly with difficulty to hit. It's all about rhythm and timing, and if something is at the perfect speed, you can time your swing easier, which can make something that's faster easier to hit.

This isn't about the laws of physics, this is body physiology.

Nice commie club, big boy

the entire western hemisphere. and korea. and japan. it became such an industry in latin america that an entire island nation (like yours) the Dominican Republic became nothing more than a baseball farm camp on a national level.

maybe some day when you guys arent being taxed on your herbal tea and get sick of paying for royal jewelry and new mosques you guys could field a decent baseball team
but I understand bases and diamonds are too much of an architectural strain for NZ as well as Pakistan so you can stick to public parks and barren fields for your "sport"

Only two of those countries are communist.

Why would New Zealanders ever want to field a baseball team? They like rugby.

>increased speed to not correlate linearly with difficulty to hit. It's all about rhythm and timing

the ball travels so fast the batter is unable to see it and must react full force in milliseconds
that sounds like rhythm and timing. in fact most things involved with rhythm and timing, become much more difficult with increased speed or velocity. you are saying otherwise.

but Im sure a bouncey wouncey bally wall thrown at half the speed from half the distance by some malnourished skeletal darky is much more difficult to hit with a wider surface area because thats what the laws of physics say.

this thread has now reached critical mass. AUS and NZ have been completely shut down and are actually arguing against physics and demonstrable comparisons of "talent"

>AUS and NZ havent been this BTFO since pangea cast those faggot islands off to develop gods own abortions the marsupials

now tell me about how having a pouch makes it more difficult for you to carry things before the petrol (gasoline) your huffing renders you unconscious

it would take less than a year for any MLB team or even NCAA team to actually take over international cricket

there is no comparison between skill sets.
youtube.com/watch?v=RENLMum5wz4

compare these two
youtube.com/watch?v=CcQe-FBLaCo
vs what bowling looks like in cricket
youtube.com/watch?v=kG-5lj69gsw

I'm beginning to think I would be able to step in there and give a decent run at it cold. cricket just seems so pathetically entry level. really there is no fair comparison of it. a bobcat and a tiger arent in the same weight class.

>the ball travels so fast the batter is unable to see it and must react full force in milliseconds
so you have to react a little faster? Yeah, not that tricky. Swinging earlier doesn't take a massive amount of effort.

>but Im sure a bouncey wouncey bally wall thrown at half the speed from half the distance by some malnourished skeletal darky is much more difficult to hit with a wider surface area because thats what the laws of physics say.

please point to where I said anything like that. In fact I said the opposite. All I was saying that based on your own sense of rhythm, a faster ball can be easy to hit. once again, not physics, but biology. Continue to ignore the point because you can't refute it, I already know you're retarded. Hell, one of my points was that cricket is designed to hit the ball as easy as possible, because the aim of the game is to hit the ball hundreds of times. In baseball the aim of the game is to hit the ball.

I mean, argue with me all you like, just don't lie and make shit up, it makes you look pathetic.

the fact that there have been baseball scouts who have gone to india to find pitchers and have never once found even one person who could throw faster than 85 mph is all the evidence you need.

in america, nearly every high school team has a kid who can throw faster than 85. in an entire country of billions of people in india, they can't even find one person.

can't we all just agree that it's extremely difficult to hit a MLB pitch and a professional bowl?

a professional in either sport COULD NOT play the opposing game. the sports are just too different.

>going to India to find fast pitchers
what is your point? It's very well known that Indians don't make good fast bowlers, due to their literally shitty living conditions, poor fields and weak genetics. Why are your scouts going to one of the slowest bowling countries in the world for fast pitchers?

Fast bowlers are found in affluent countries where training facilities, specialised fast bowling coaches, healthy living conditions and good nutrition are commonplace.

babe ruth proved mlb players could absolutely play at the highest level of cricket with minimal training.

name a cricket kid who proved the same

they go to the dominican and find scrawny skeletors who can throw 100 all the time

they went there because out of BILLIONS of people there should statistically exist at least 1 MLB level talent. but alas there are NONE