Any Norman-English here?

Any Norman-English here?
My family name is Campion, one of my ancestors apparently fought in the Battle of Hastings and Campion was a reward name.
Normans are not Gouls, they are a separate Germanic race.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_English_(Ireland)
youtube.com/watch?v=Z2BdSekxzy0
youtube.com/watch?v=GrnXgVTTrCI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

norman translates literally from north men. normandy was ceded to the vikings in order to keep them from attacking paris

>campion translates to faggot

I doubt there's a person left in Britain who can't find at least one Norman name on their family tree. My grandfather's family are all farmers from Northern England, and there were three Norman names on that line alone.

>you don't have to be a FitzBastard to live here, but it helps

I have a Norman surname in my family tree and the the forbearer of the name came to England with William the conquerer and one his descendants then came to Ireland in the 13th century.

I have a Norman surname and following in the tradition of Irish Normans, fuck the brits!

My patriarch went to England with the Bastard, thence on to Wales and then Ireland with strongbow.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_English_(Ireland)

Nigel farage

>tfw my ancestors are from the tribe that defeated Strongbow where he tried to take Munster

get rekt

Have a bunch of Pierce's in my family. Turns out they are decendents of Hotspur Percy.

Ui Briain?

Yea, though my name isn't 0'Brien

Rightright, big clan, spreads across a lot of surnames.

Ironically although my name is norman, a few generations after strongbow we got quite tight with part of that clan, and I'm probably more Ui Briain than norman according to DNA test.

FUCKING NORMANFAGS RRRRRREEEEEEE

Normans left very very little genetic footprint

muh heritage: the post

Hail Germania!
youtube.com/watch?v=Z2BdSekxzy0

They brought a shit ton of Latin(Medieval French) words into the English language though(Middle English,) before it was wholly Germanic(Old English.)

youtube.com/watch?v=GrnXgVTTrCI

>yfw people with Norman surnames are still richer than those with Anglo last names

Eternal Anglo BTFO

It also helps when you genocide the anglo-danish peoples.

What DNA test did you do if ya don't mind me asking? I've never really looked to much into it- how much does it tell you? My other side is Ulster Scottish.

>Normans
>French
They were fucking Vikings retard.

Normans were huge dicks, but were Germanic nonetheless.

You're the type of moron that learns a factoid with no context, and feels smug whenever you can regurgitate it.

The founding stock of the normans where vikings, but they rapidly intermarried into the native french population. Furthermore, when they prepared for the conquest of England, they recruited warriors from the surrounding regions of France.

Not in language, customs, or genetics.

I'm one too, dad's side are Norman, split between England and France.

Even the original Franks were Germanics, France is named after the Franks. The Franks fought the Alamanni for control of Gaul, after the battle the Franks converted to Rome's version of Christianity(Catholicism.) If the Alamanni won the battle France would still be Germanic pagan and would probably be called Alamannia not France.

YDNA only with a relatively small lab.

I'm not into the 23 and me because 1) it's obviously an NSA project and 2) most of the stuff they claim is diagnostic really isn't. It's subject to selection and it's found in aboriginal populations far, far from the origin they will list for it, so it's of absolutely no use in determining heritage.

My lineage goes back to the defeated English King Harold

Aka the rightful King of the English

>Normans are not Gouls, they are a separate Germanic race.
... nice try
They were mainly danes who settled the mostly uninhabited wooden areas of northern france, named normandie. Their first leader was Gange Rolv, norse and driven out of the ctry by his relative Harald the Hairfair.

They took french language after 80 years.
Ruða, meaning a cleared forest was the main seat of the earl. The one you know as Wilhelm the conquer we know as Vilhjalm Ruðajarl, he was the grandson of Gange Rolv.

They be dane & norse bro, they just changed tongue as we have done here.

Obv after all these years there has been a lot of mixing. I don't dare to think of the state of it today.....

>Not in language, customs, or genetics

Are you fucking retarded or something? Do you even know why they're called "Normans"?

Ruða=Rouen forgot that part

Norsemen/Vikings are Germanic.

>Three generations of intermixing with the larger, local franco-gaulish population. Thoroughly spoke french prior to hastings. Adopted roman catholicism enthusiastically.

>Adopted continental war tactics. Abandoned raiding and fighting with shield walls for heavy infantry and calvary.

>Recruited french noblemen to aid in the conquest of england.

But they're completely germanic! I swear!

get a clue what "Germanic" means.

Hey Britbongs, is the Family name 'Wolfe' generally English or Welsh or maybe both?

>Norsemen/Vikings are Germanic.
ofc. It's just the normans were not some own indegious germanic tribe, they came later and were wikangz n shieeet...

So yeah germanic ofc like anglos, franks,saxons,frisians+++++++

>if Vilhjalm's linage is not broken, England actually have our royal senpai. Ours died out in 1319

My family were French nobility, rewarded land in England for their part in the battle of Normandy.

You said they weren't genetically Germanic now you admit they are by saying they intermixed with Gallic natives, fucking idiot. At least try not to be a total fucking moron if your going to try to lie.

>Anglos
>white

Are you really this dense? The majority of their ancestry was germanic for one, maybe two generations, and ceased being germanic after that. By the time they became relevant after their initial raids, the conquest of england and sicily, they ceased being germanic in any meaningful use of the term.

Your logic is like inferring that america is a black nation from its constant 10-15% black population.

t. pablo del monte