Ouch

Ouch..

>DUDE JUMPSCARES LMAO

fuck nu-horror.

Not going to pretend this is going to be good but
RT has always sucked for horror movies. The only horror movies that get good ratings on RT is overhyped trash like It Follows and The Babadook.

I am a big fan of the first one: because it didnt rely on jump scars but rather the idea of being trapped in the forest with no escape (which is terrifying on its own) and the way they filmed those night shots when they were in the tent and could hear things around them was very creepy.

I hope that this sequel has some of that feel and that it doesnt just rely on jumpscares.

>2% battery
Well OP is gone

There aren't a lot of good pure horror movies. The best are those with horror as a secondary genre.

what happened

Pic related is one of the best modern day horror films and I am surprised RT gave it a high score

Kek

The normie critics reviewed it

>has a facebook
Hidden.

>mad because the horror genre lacks depth

Nigga, It Follows is probably the only "horror" movie I've ever liked. I thought Cabin In The Woods was awesome, but only because it seemed to agree with me that horror movies are trite nonsense relying on stereotypes and tits for profit.

>rotten tomatoes

I bet the movie isn't any good but lel, RT is worthless

But the best horror movie this year has the highest rating on RT

>A black women and guy but no cute Asian
Why does Hollywood hate Asians? They never cast them in Hollywood films

>reminder that RT believes that Ghostbusters 2016 is a marvelous cast supernatural comedy

post this to r/movies

You're kidding right. That movie is trash.

This is great. Further proof that critics know what their talking about and audiences are fucking stupid.

>Batman V Superman gets 26% whilst this gets 91%
The fuck

I agree. The difference should be bigger.

The Witch is the one of the best films of the year whereas BvS was mediocre.

Mediocre would be a step up for whatever the fuck BvS was.

I'm not going to follow you into Disney shill territory.

I'm not a shill. And it bothers me that hating legitimately awful movies immediately makes me a marvel cuck.

I think MCU movies are far superior to DCCU movies, though I also think anything written by Charlie Kaufman deserves my attention way before a superhero movie.

early screenings are always biased at pleb film festivals like Fantastic Fest. They got high off the PR buzz that it was made in secret

normie critics saw it and it wasnt marvel or star wars

stay in shit taste territory then.

>45%
>For a horror

Heyyyyy, that's pretty good.

Saw this shit in the theater.

It wasn't scary, so much as it was just completely infuriating. Best part of the film was her pearly white ass.

Was well put together and yadda yadda yadda but the most memorable aspect about it, was how painfully stupid the characters were in it. They seemed to obey the script more than common sense.

Not even close to being the revolutionary horror film everyone seems to try to make it out to be.

>He doesn't live deliciously

If Lucy Lu is any indication, it's because Asians can't act.

I saw a sneak preview of this and it's terrible. Not scary in the least and the parts that had a chance to be scary were squandered. Feel bad for Adam Wingard because I enjoyed VHS, You're Next and The Guest.

I only went to the sneak preview because it was free.

Yeah, the VVitch sucked.

>I think MCU movies are far superior to DCCU movies
This is literally impossible unless you're a shill.
Shit taste for thinking that BvS was a flawed movie with some great elements? Recent DC seems to be all about making good movies and then wrecking them in the editing room. Still superior to Disney who are glad to be making unfiltered shit for the entire process.

Suicide Squad was over all bad, but even despite the studio "Be more like marvel" sabotage BvS had enough going for it to be overall mediocre. Which is a masterpiece compared to something like Civil War that is a 1/10 in every aspect.

Horror movies are extremely polarizing in general, I rarely bother with reviews unless there's actual quality/production issues.

great elements still doesn't warrant a recommend on the RT meter for most people. It's a thudderingly loud bore with nice images to keep you somewhat engaged, even though those too are mud and dust covered bullshit.

Calling any of that a masterpiece is frankly embarrassing and shows how few movies you actually watch that are aimed at adults.

I hate Marvel films in equal measure too so don't try and use me as a Disney scapegoat. Deadpool and Civil War are two of my worst films of the year, but BvS takes the cake. by far.

The idea that anyone could dislike Civil War and like BvS is just fucking mind-blowing to me... Civil War wasn't as good as Avengers 1, but it was still good. Paid for the theatre tickets twice. BvS? So bad I didn't bother seeing Suicide Squad and then RT comes in to confirm I made the right decision.

Your the fucking shill. Pretending DC has made a watchable movie. Teehee to you, my friend. Tee fucking hee to you.

>Calling any of that a masterpiece is frankly embarrassing and shows how few movies you actually watch that are aimed at adults.
I called it mediocre. I said it was a masterpiece compared to Marvel who have been consistently putting out some of the the very worst high budget movies of all time for a decade now. I wouldn't give it a recommend by rotten tomatoes standards either, but it's also not completely without interest.

Take this somewhere else faggots

We're discussing horror here

Stop defending that mediocre ass movie. The critic AND the public scores pretty much sum up how meh the movie is

>BvS? So bad I didn't bother seeing Suicide Squad

>you didn't like movie X so you decided not to go see movie Y, which was by a different writer and director with different actors

The idea that Marvel-fags and reddit-shits can't comprehend why people ignore them whenever they talk to others about film is mind-blowing to me.

>The idea that anyone could dislike Civil War and like BvS is just fucking mind-blowing to me
Then you are infantile about cinema.
>Civil War wasn't as good as Avengers 1
Both films are among the worst mainstream pictures ever released.
>Pretending DC has made a watchable movie.
BvS, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and even TDKR are better than anything the MCU has provided. The middle two are even watchable movies by real movie standards.

Marvel movies are bad? Is this a meme? Because of theu were bad, the sequels wouldn't do better than the originals, and yet... Time and time again...

Don't worry, though. When Justice League has a worse opening weekend than Suicide Squad, you'll change your fucking tune.

The real horror is the Jew instigated cultural infantilization that would result in somebody considering Civil War a passable movie.

Kek. I knew this was gonna happen. You don't seem to grasp that the Nolam Trilogy is unrelated and NOT part of the DCCU.

I don't think a film can be enjoyed by the widest of audiences UNLESS its bad 2bh.

>still using and validating RT after the last 3 years of pure fiascos

Yeah, this guy's right.

DC Cinematic Universe:
Man of Steel
Batman Vs Superman
Suicide Squad

It was started as an interconnected series of films specifically to compete with the MCU, which began with Iron Man 1.

I don't know why people seem to think the Nolan Batman movies can be used to defend the DCU. They cannot. Mainly because the Nolan movies were good and as we have all seen, good films will never be a part of the DCU.

You said DC movie. Not DCCU. Even without the Nolan movies, Man Of Steel and BvS blow anything made by marvel out of the water, and I don't even really like those movies, but I do believe that they can at least be considered movies. Unlike Marvel's meme filled extended television commercials.

Only DC cucks feel that the last few years were a fiasco. RT is not a reviewer. They just gove you the average of everyone's reviews. And for that reason, they are and always have been completely fucking accurate. The kind of person who "hates critics" has no place on a discussion board for movies.

Fuck your capeshit and grow up faggot.

>The kind of person who "hates critics" has no place on a discussion board for movies.
I don't hate critics on principle. I hate the cinematically ignorant infantilized bloggers that make up most of the modern "critical" community. Armond White is the only modern critic I like.

Oh. Well, you're wrong. MoS and BvS are bad. They do not have redeeming qualities.

Ant-Man and Iron Man 2 and Avengers 1 are all OBJECTIVELY better for the following reasons:

COHERENT PLOT
EDITING PROVIDES GOOD PACE
DIALOGUE IS CHEESY AND FUN LIKE AN ACTUAL COMIC BOOK
MUCH BETTER ACTORS
MUCH BETTER TONE AND ITS CONSISTENT THROUGHOUT ALL THE MOVIES

Keith go back to twitter.

I disagree with all points, and even outside of the formal film making elements you've revealed a basic ideological disagreement in your third point. "fun" is never a positive thing. "fun" is a lie sold to you by your oppressors to keep you pacified as they enact cultural genocide upon you.

Just saw it at cinema.

I give it 3/7

Uh oh, Conspiracy Theory Time!

Armond White is literally a meme critic.
He just shits on anything that's popular and likes stuff that's not popular.

>He just shits on anything that's popular and likes stuff that's not popular.
Except that's not accurate unless your entire impression of him is formed from Sup Forums shitposting.

tell me what happens in it user

does the witch show up

does everyone dies

It's true though.

Try actually reading him for a while and not just forming your opinion of him from his most shitpost material opinions.

yes and yes

Titanic is legitimately great. Don't @ me.

>its a capeshit argument

good horror thread, gang

>I am surprised RT gave it a high score
>gave it
>gave

how do some of you still not understand how RT works?

They do not "give" scores. It's an average

(You)

>came here to read what peoples opinions are on Blair Witch
>thread turns to shit and people are now arguing over shitty DC films

Dont ever change Sup Forums

>I'm surprised RT aggregated a large amount of reviews of various sources to average a high score
You're right im the retard