LETS END THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL

Blackface

for or against?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yT-j1N2iBLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PIaj7FNHnjQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For. It's funny to dress up as (((((african))))) americans.

Only if you use the right shoe polish

depends on context

Equality means we can make fun of everyone.

As long as blacks keep making fun of whites, we get to use blackface.

>OMG YOU TRY TO PLAY THE CHARACTER THAT THE ROLE CALLS FOR YOU STUPID RACIST PIG HOW DARE YOU
A literal non issue.

For
as long as you do it classy

I mean it's really only used for shock humor today and I'm fine with that. It's so over the top that it's kind of silly to be offended by it. But what do I know, right? I'm just an evil white privileged cis gendered monster.

You yanks are upset by it, fair enough I can see why you might be butthurt bout blackface. Stop getting your knickers in a twist when other countries do anything involving making a lighter skin person wear makeup

blackface is ok. The problem is stale ass old tropes white people use for comedy. Not even any new material except for Downey Jr, which was the best blackface ever.

Whiteface is usually much funnier since it's not using watermelon jokes from the 1800's

it's usually not very funny because it's typically only really done for shock value in the hopes that the audacity of it will make up for not being genuinely entertaining

The only actual blackface I can recall that ever was genuinely good was tropic thunder

Speaking of blackface

what are some good examples of it

I know Lethal weapon 5 second half is a good one

>not using watermelon jokes from the 1800's

but yeah, it IS played out. I thought the Always Sunny "Danny Glover" face was funny too, just because the impression was so over the top and corny.

but what about Blackface done by blacks?

youtu.be/yT-j1N2iBLQ

Bamboozled

This
Not everyone has your history, and your obsession with race.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsTXumUC3jg

kino begins about 1 minute in

Minstrel shows havent been around in almost a century. Plus they were just an excuse for whites to listen to jazz.

Blackface isnt racist

>Go suck an egggggggg

That sounds extremely racist.

What listening to jazz at a time when society didnt like black people and white people to intermingle?

stop being such a racist.

maybe it does but it isnt

Only to a racist.

RULE OF THUMB

>DOES IT PISS OFF LIBERALS?

THEN ITS GOOD

I think it should be illegal for people of any race to play their own race in television and film. Like white people play black people, black people play asians, asians play indians, and indians play the other kind of indian, and so on.

There I solved the problem and have made everything hilarious as fuck in the process.

Imagine it being made today

Blacks do not know how to portray White Americans accurately enough for humour because they believe in the myth of the unified white american culture which does not exist outside of television and movies.

remove negroes from the spotlight

As a privileged white male who has had everything in life handed to me and I have never a day in my life experienced the smallest amount of oppression, I do not find making fun of another race offensive

T. All of you alt right bigots

then how can you see them?

For it if it's for comedy purposes, like RDJ in Tropic Thunder.

4U

>oppression only happens over race
Get a load of this faggot.

Al Jolson. His version was meant to move you tho, and boy does it! MAMMY!

Shut up, Sup Forums.

Against it. like previously mentioned I have yet to see it used in a way that isnt just "le edgy joke that can't be criticized because i am a comedy man" of course except for topic thunder. most other uses i can think of are just genuinely unfunny and rely on shock value
maybe id be for it if it was used in an actually clever and funny way.

for

ok but switch the words "white" and "black" and that statement still means youre a faggot

this

Hey isn't that a character from forumwarz? I am pretty sure that's a character from forumwarz.

OH MAMMY, I'M A COMIN'
youtube.com/watch?v=PIaj7FNHnjQ

Great performer and movie though.

I don't really get it desu. It's just painting your face.