twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

my taste is entry-level shit you dont gonna tell me

hey bud, you have entry level taste :)
>stone temple pilots - core
sick

reposting in here

Just listened to black saint and the sinner lady and it blew me away

++leonard cohen
try first songs by Michael Hurley, gives me the same feeling as love and hate for some reason
+elliot smith
try songs: ohio
+cash
+townes van zandt
try judee sills s/t, try F.J McMahon - spirit of the golden juice

Do you go on Indieheads?

+ween
try Primus, try mr bungle

Rec: Mellow Gold - Beck

eh some pretty good entry level shit
Rec: Fishscale - Ghostface Killah

Rec: Love Kraft - Super Furry Animals

wow nice chart
rec: Jackson C Frank s/t

oh god

rateyourmusic.com/~LACHSPEED

hey nice taste dude, would love labels so i can check out the albums i don't recognise

i rec kinoko teikoku eureka

I can't into singer-songwriter

>sticky fingers
i think they suck but they are comfy as. good driving music.
where's animals hombre? best floyd album

Entry-level user telling another entry-level user that they are entry-level.
RYM first

my taste is entry-level shit you dont gonna tell me x2

Warren G - Regulate... G Funk Era
Noname - Telefone
Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus

rateyourmusic.com/~Whalymin

16 years young
also 16
I like you
Bingo Gazingo - Bingo Gazingo

HMU boyz
need them recs

What are the last 2 please?

just woke up

Need new music, rec me if you recognize anything and know something similar.
Valravn - Koder pa Snor
A Place to Bury Strangers - Exploding Head
Strand of Oaks - Pope Killdragon

Planning for Burial - Below the House
Midori - Aratamemashite Hajimemashite Midori Desu

midori - hello everyone we are midori nice to meet you
planning for burial - below the house

thank you~

thank you for the recommendations

reposting

++tim buckley, incredible string band, love, leonard cohen, karen dalton, michael hurley, judee sill, john fahey, phil ochs, etc
do you like richard + linda thompson? rec ed askew, jim o'rourke, jack rose, bill callahan maybe

love ram and kate bush. rec laurie anderson?

what fuckin girl do u expect to bond w over gg allin. rec peaer: youtube.com/watch?v=mzzSB6FK-pU

>laurie anderson
Will check out. Thanks.

likewise
thanks for the rec, seems fun. try bobbi humphrey - black and blues
one with serious problems at home probably idk
visitations - untitled (2007)

Heyy

The Avalanches - Since I Left You
Jens Lekman - Night Falls Over Kortedala

of Montreal - Paralytic Stalks

>visitations - untitled (2007)
i was just listening to this actually, thank you though it's a good album

Ggggggggg goodpriiiice
lol good taste user
Rec: crying - get olde

I think gorrilaz is the biggest turn off when it comes to charts, followed by mac demarco

haven't heard of them until now, thanks for the recs. Saved your chart.
I love Jack rose, I do play rock and roll is such a cool album. I like that richard dawson release, how did you feel about peasant?

try Glenn Jones
try James Yorkston - when the haar roles in
try James Elkington and Nathan Salsburg - ambsace

quality over quantity, what is the 3rd album on the bottom row? Also the 6th?

+Kōenji Hyakkei
try exuma

++the zombies
+13th floor elevators
try love - da capo
also listen to cream if you haven't already

+Joanna newsom
try vashti bunyan
try Orion Rigel Dommisse - what I want from you is sweet

++Charles Mingus
try Miles Davis - bitches brew

I probably shouldn't be here

Dad get off mu

lol bitches brew is on my chart but thx for the recs

i feel like i just stepped into 2007

lol glenn jones is like music my mom would put on while cleaning the house i love it. thanks for the recs. i'm not totally sure how i feel about peasant yet. i like the concept and narrative a lot but i haven't totally come around to the music.

oops lmao

My first chart!

>I think gorrilaz is the biggest turn off when it comes to charts, followed by mac demarco
I'd add No Love Deep Web to that

pretty good for a first chart

get off mu and go on rym and last fm to find music
oh man i remember listening to that pierce the veil album in 7th grade lmao good times

*shitty borat impression* very nice!
julia brown - to be close to you

wake up sheeple

you need rym and last fm

bump

bump

>A MAI WAIFE

bump for y'all niggas

im so fucking bored give me anything and ill listen rn

IN THE GAAARDEN OF ENGLAND
DEAD MOLES LIE, INSIDE THEIR HOLES

idk how much hip-hop you know idk man just explore more
digable planets, a tribe called quest, outkast, the roots are all up your alley

>A Place to Bury Strangers - Exploding Head
heh you recommended this to me like 4 fucking years ago, still like that band
glad you are still around

rec: bad brains

demilich and godflesh
some abrasive stuff dunno if you will enjoy them

boi you already said that hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

need me some albums to listen to
I probably would do more last.fm but I've been a little short on time to sit down and do that while my mind is still active enough

bump

Recs please

goreshit - semantic compositions on death and its meaning
Igorrr - Hallelujah
Natalie Rose Lebrecht - Warraw

Rocketship - A Certain Smile, A Certain Sadness
Son Lux - Lanterns

Phil Spector - Back to Mono: 1958-1969
Do you have a rym? I love your taste

You know, I'm gonna need your rym as well

Favourite track on Gal Costa?
David Kauffman and Eric Caboor - Songs From Suicide Bridge
Tim Buckley - Happy Sad

Cortex - Troupeau Bleu
Lucio Battisti - Anima Latina

Bottom 5 are recent favourites

rate my awsome chart

wow this is some of my favorite and least favorite albums
+midtown 120 blues, clouddead, bee thousand(!), black mahogani, quarter kid or whatever

as usual +sam ray

+elvis depressedly, teen suicide, deathcon
-most of the second-tier classics lol

I love half of your top 4, can't find a reason to care for 69 love songs or souvlaki
furthermore +YHF, age of adz,
-RTJ, avalanches, pinkerton, cigarettes after sex (lmao)

this is a mess, +relationship of command

nice albums u got there

+yolt, gastr del sol
interested in some of this

good morning dad

what is going on here

very cool taste

very 18 year old taste
would suggest golden age hip-hop like another user did; midnight marauders, illmatic, boring old endtroducing, outkast

-this entire top 10

you're like a dad but a cute one

meh

look ma, it's all canon

Wild Nothing - Nocturne
The Sundays - Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic
The Electric Soft Parade - Idiots

Low - I Could Live In Hope

u boys hear Mary Margaret O'Hara? right up your alleys desu

Mahler's 2nd symphony (do it u pleb)

You are not a cat right?

You know you don't have to bend your tastes Sup Forums's, right user?

Listen to what you like user. There are some solid albums on there.

Probably makes gratuitous threads on Sup Forums having not been on there before and uses the excuse of "not having enough time" to refuse trying historically significant or interesting albums/ artists. That being said Congratulations is a brilliant album and its a shame to see Sup Forums putting MGMT down based on their popularity.

If you wish to branch out then use pic-related which has been specifically created for the use of newcomers. Furthermore I recall you asking on the thread that you created something along the lines of how listening to "obscure" music is any better. Frankly it isn't although many of the most critically acclaimed albums of all time were not necessarily commercially successful and those that belong to more niche sub-genres e.g. Coldwave, post-rock, shoegaze are more than likely to go under your radar otherwise - which is a shame given that you may very well prefer those sub-genres to anything else that you've previously listened to. Its the simple case of asymmetric information where compared to a large proportion of Sup Forums you have significantly less awareness of what styles of music you enjoy and what artists have been influential in the past. And for your own sake I'd avoid "best of"s like the plague, they generally only contain the most radio friendly and surface-material tracks that an artists has made, even the most divine or lauded composition can get totally sidelined simply for not being accessible enough, which is a huge shame. Though there are some exceptions for artists who've released singles outside of album releases (see Joy Division/ New Order's Substances and The Smiths compilations).

And please, please go listen to all of the Beach Boys albums between Today! and Surf's Up, its so tragic how overlooked they are, then there's Love You and the SMiLE sessions - if you loved Pet Sounds you are going to probably going to be quite amazed when you find tracks like Long Promised Road and half of Sunflower really.

What is with this seemingly sudden influx of newcomers? I don't have a problem with people joining the board, by all means welcome and have a nice time here though I think most of us who have been on here for more than a couple of years would appreciate it if you referred to the Sup Forumscore chart and tried all the artists on such before posting.

Refer to picture related for recommendations.

i need to redo this

I'd rather not listen to the same few albums as everyone else on the board.

>those picks
you are absolute trash

what website are you using?

>I'd rather not listen to the same few albums as everyone else on the board.
>Proceeds to listen to the same few albums as everyone else on the board.

Such as?

Which post was yours?

pls do, good taste

rec me city pop and shibuya-kei thanks, meaning to get into those more after listening to sea is a lady, boku no naka no shonen, and fantasma

Exactly. Good job at being a presumptuous to try and force your meme into a post.

oh fuck i lazyposted, sorry
i like gruppa krovi, check out Nowa Aleksandria by siekiera
hey i like your taste :)

I'm sorry, I'll just use my ESP to magically determine which post was yours given that they all look the same. Nothing against you all but I mean seriously, there's not one ounce of personalization in them. Good job at being presumptuous you fucking noob.

there you go
youtube.com/watch?v=KByI8D_VJ1A
youtube.com/watch?v=bVQQAtIeITg

reccing 90s city pop because no one gives a damn about that period

im almost certain i can find 11 of your 16 albums in any Sup Forumsessentials chart and 2 are cookie cutter classical so yeah

That's not my chart user, or else I would have used a Neverendingchartrendering. That chart was a template for newcomers to branch out, hence "Universal Music Sampler", I'm not even a big fan of some of the artists on there though I can see the significance.

the chart makes no sense then and is absolute shit for a recommendation since it seems pretty biased. a personal chart should be biased but a Sup Forumsessentials-esque chart shouldn't be

if people want general recommendations, RYM and Sup Forumsessentials is much better than that excuse of a chart. if people want personal recommendations, even so.

meant even more so*

Well, I can't counter that user, well done. Funnily enough most of what I chose I scarcely like, tried to go for a more universal approach.

glad we came to an agreement. can't blame you too much since going for a universal approach with 16 albums is pretty much impossible i'd say

Recs pls i am very new

we have very different tastes but i feel like you would enjoy françoise hardy
might want to get into country/delta blues as well

Listen through the full discographies of those artists first, then try the following;

>Deerhunter - Microcastle. (40:53, Shoegaze). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=4MOECvAlbXk
>Embryo - Opal. (63:26, Krautrock). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=yULX5OQo9HI
>Neil Young - After the Gold Rush. (35:10, Folk rock/ Country rock). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=kVRxdPWV3RM
>The 13th Floor Elevators - The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators. (34:31, Psychedelic rock/ Garage rock). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=0OytJYBfwUk

Holy shit that woman's discog is huge, where do I start? I'm done fucking around with country, and I've kind of grown out of blues.

Halcyon Digest was not really that good. Will check microcastle though.
13FE are pretty good desu, got their first album. Neil is my boy.
Wil check embryo right away.

Don't worry, I had a similar experience with Deerhunter, Halcyon Digest whilst great in its own right is certainly inflated in terms of acclaim and is far less interesting. Cryptograms is a mass of sound that repeats innumerably in a manner that can only really be compared to AnCo (with a ton of reverb). Microcastle is their most dynamic release by far and can vary between being very loud and almost silent in places, their most middle-of-the-road album by far between shoegaze and indie pop.

>Holy shit that woman's discog is huge, where do I start?
rym is your friend
also i specifically meant country blues, not country and blues specifically. fair if you've already explored that genre

pleb
Brian Eno - Discreet Music

check out Hybrid Theory EP, it's an overlooked LP album.
Limp Bizkit - 3 Dollar Bill
if you want to be less of a pleb
Faust vs Dalek - Derbe, Respect, Alder

I agree with this sentiment but I think the Sup Forums sampler chart is better for newcomers.

Don't know much about shibruya-kei
Impossible Nothing - Phonemicron

Slint - Spiderland

>I agree with this sentiment but I think the Sup Forums sampler chart is better for newcomers
i much prefer the Sup Forumsessentials, but both are good nonetheless

what are your thoughts on parable of arable land? i assume you've already listened to it

how you boys doin

>rec me city pop and shibuya-kei thanks
Lamp
Flipper's guitar
Pizzicato five
大貫妙子
Kahimi Karie
awesom
spectres - dying

I enjoy browsing mu but I used to get made fun of on album threads because I don't like the music that people here like. It either bores me or I just flat out don't like it

La Question is her best. Start there. Also try Julia Holter - Loud City Song

take your pick from albums here

>And please, please go listen to all of the Beach Boys albums between Today! and Surf's Up, its so tragic how overlooked they are, then there's Love You and the SMiLE sessions - if you loved Pet Sounds you are going to probably going to be quite amazed when you find tracks like Long Promised Road and half of Sunflower really.

I listened to Love You the other day. It didn't leave much of an impression because it's only been once (and you need to listen to an album at least 4 times before you remember it), but I really liked it. After I get accustomed to Love You I might give Smile Sessions another chance.

Before you listen to the SMiLE sessions I recommend listening to the others mentioned. It's so satisfying to listen to Smiley Smile and Surf's Up then go into SMiLE and witness how all the tracks fit into place, like a fun little jigsaw in a sense. I know you've tried it already though honestly I'd leave it until last.

Oh, well I'm not new to the board. I've been around since 2013 or so? I've just never made a chart.

The reason you're listed by is because you listen to the same albums everyone else on this board does you autist.

MODS STICKY THIS CHART FOR SUMMERFAGS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

are you me also if ya into slint id recommend swans

I barely remember Smile Sessions so I can do Smiley Smile and Surf's Up first. Thanks.

Great, hope you enjoy them user. I'd recommend if you are just getting into music to listen to the same set of albums once a day for a week. Then when you're familiar with a lot of the main artists on here build that to around 10 listens per album.

Blind Mr. Jones-Stereo Musicale
Read the wiki

>MODS STICKY THIS CHART FOR SUMMERFAGS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
you are actually retarded since Sup Forums has a sticky with Sup Forumsessentials in it

hit me w heavy dreamy shit