youtube.com/watch?v=Ghw48ZdFpF4
youtube.com/watch?v=TFBaNOiyLk0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

shit

>

PS you have the taste of a teenage girl

expose yourself to music outside the mainstream

5.5/10

Spend time digging up hip hop albums (and various other genres) that aren't surface level.

www.rateyourmusic.com is your friend

We all started somewhere. Some worst than others. Some infinitely worse than others.

Listen to something besides rap. Even your taste in rap sucks.

+late registration
+yeezus
+graduation
+808s
+wolf
+cherry bomb
+barter 6
+ss3
+alla
+tlop
+mbdtf
+still brazy
+college dropout
+blank face
+ds2
+my krazy life

-sremmlife
-counting the love below as a separate album

Magical Mystery Tour and Ram are supreme. Check out this album next:

youtu.be/_lnu13hRDwk

You are in a similar boat to OP

Lurk chart/daily generals and see what's being rec'd

Thanks for the advice, will keep this in mind

shit my bad bro didn't see your thread

>Spend time digging up hip hop albums (and various other genres) that aren't surface level.
Such as? Why is listening to obscure music better?

>Listen to something besides rap. Even your taste in rap sucks.
I didn't even start listening to rap until like 2010 and I started with Eminem and mc chris.

But don't feel bad, I had a similar chart when I first started and I've been around for only just over a year and now my chart looks so much different than it first did.

You will develop for as long as you actually want to.

>-counting the love below as a separate album
Not a huge fan of Speakerboxxx.

Yeah, I should give McCartney II another chance. I would've put more Beatles albums on my chart but I grew up listening mostly compilations.

I'm not saying you have to look up obscure artists to have good taste but your taste is impossible to actually discern if it's mostly the most popular hip hop albums of a given decade.

I promise you, if you spent like 6 months just looking around chart/daily threads, RYM, and Last.fm for recommendations, your chart will look almost completely different.

I implore you to save your current chart just to compare to where you will be.

You have the template? Been a while sense I've bothered with these.

topsters.net

wasn't my thread but all it took was a ctrl+f search my man

yeah.

Thanks m8.

Why listen to that shite when you can listen to this?

>I'm not saying you have to look up obscure artists to have good taste but your taste is impossible to actually discern if it's mostly the most popular hip hop albums of a given decade.
There's 50 albums in that chart and only 15 or 16 are hip hop albums.

Not even the best George album. I can name 3 John albums and at least 10 Paul albums that are better.

We don't share a lot of tastes but there's some great music in there

Not bad either

Well 90% of your chart is popular albums anyway. I don't see your point.

>if you spent like 6 months just looking around chart/daily threads, RYM, and Last.fm for recommendations,
Sorry if this is a retarded question, but how do I find recommendations? I just ask for them?
And there's a lot of albums I considered putting on the chart because there's a lot of albums I just never finished (or just haven't gotten to). It's a terrible habit but I have a lot more songs I like than albums.

I have difficulty finding the time to listen to music.

Fuck me, didn't mean to post that.

You just singled out the hip-hop.

>but how do I find recommendations?
Did you even read user's response? Go on RYM and read the wiki
>I have difficulty finding the time to listen to music.
Then don't

>Chart/Daily
People will frequently be giving each other recommendations based on what their charts or just posting albums they enjoyed that they found, you can scope those out.

>RYM
rateyourmusic.com/customchart
Put in whichever genre you want (maybe even choose a specific decade, sort by esoteric if you really don't want popular shit and want to be an extra hipster).
Also you can look through people's profiles and see what albums they enjoyed and see if they entice you.
>Last.fm
If you connect your Last.fm profile with Spotify or MusicBee and begin scrobbling it will track what you listen to frequently and recommend similar artists and albums.

You will advance and accrue a more well-rounded taste (as you listen to more stuff, you will understand what you actually like more since you will listen to music you otherwise never would have heard of) and know exactly what you like and want to listen to.

>If you connect your Last.fm profile with Spotify or MusicBee and begin scrobbling it will track what you listen to frequently and recommend similar artists and albums.
I use Apple Music and they make a new music mix for me every Friday. I get a lot of bad recommendations but have also found great stuff like these.
youtube.com/watch?v=ile5Wok5tbs
youtube.com/watch?v=Ghw48ZdFpF4
youtube.com/watch?v=TFBaNOiyLk0
>(as you listen to more stuff, you will understand what you actually like more since you will listen to music you otherwise never would have heard of) and know exactly what you like and want to listen to.
Thanks, that's the goal. I thought I would need to learn music theory.

>Future

Dude, what the fuck.

Okay so mine's all over the place. Most everything below Top 4 are interchangeable but I tried to put as many different ones that I like as possible.

I JUST DID A DOSE OF PERCOCET WITH SOME STRIPPERS

Fuck I forgot my shit.

should probably repost in here

[bump]

people need to stop putting multiple albums by the same band on their charts, the point of the chart is recommendation, you're just recommending the same band twice or more and leaving out other suggestions for people who have a similar taste to you

Not bad overall, but having Saturation in your top 10 made me puke and there are a good 10-12 undeniably plebby picks there for sure

Big +++ for Drukqs though, I adore that album

some good stuff
do you like carly rae jepsen

good point
if i got rid of all the other fleetwood mac/stevie's solo albums i'd free up a lot more space

you have fucking garbage taste in music

kill yourself asap

While I'm not too into rap/hip hop, and therefore don't quite like most of your chart, I definitely give you props for having Phoenix in your top 4.

saturation is a more patrician pick than a lot of the top 10
it's a pretty good chart, lots of fun selections, not too narrow for this place

pretty good chart, i need to listen to more faust
-weezer, LCD soundsystem, sylvan esso
+portishead, sweet trip

Saturation is just super overrated to me, I thought the hooks and a lot of the bars were mediocore. I think it won't be regarded as highly a year from now

They should just expose themselves, in the street, in front of a cop. Jail time is the only justice for taste like that.

i also found it stale and overrated but i have it rated above IDLS (the earl album) which lacks even 1 compelling hook for me and i think gets babied into the abstract hip-hop canon for no real reason

(c)rap

I was just basing it off of my top picks. I never made a chart before.

>I definitely give you props for having Phoenix in your top 4.
Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix came out when I was in 4th grade and it was a really big deal for me. I listened to it everyday. I never got to their other music though. I listened to maybe half of Bankrupt! and didn't even know Mi Armor was a thing till I saw it on pluspriemeres.

>do you like carly rae jepsen
I'm sure I would if I listened to her, but I have a thing about listening to the same music as my sisters.