Here, some Kader Attia
"Soldat blessé, Masque de maladie"

why?

Foot fetish is wrong, people with foot fetish should be gassed

thought you were talking about the statue kek
had a whole rant planned to respond you
oh well

Walead Beshty
"Copper Surrogate (60" x 120" 48 ounce C11000 Copper Alloy, 90°bend, 120" bissection/10sections : June 1-8, 2016, Zürich, Switzerland); October 18, 2016, Paris, France"
(yes, that's the title)

Modern ''art'' is gay and stupid.

>"Copper Surrogate (60" x 120" 48 ounce C11000 Copper Alloy, 90°bend, 120" bissection/10sections : June 1-8, 2016, Zürich, Switzerland); October 18, 2016, Paris, France"
is that the title?

i bet there were many people who used to think the same thing about some of these, now classics, in the past

Modern art is far more retarded

>"Copper Surrogate (60" x 120" 48 ounce C11000 Copper Alloy, 90°bend, 120" bissection/10sections : June 1-8, 2016, Zürich, Switzerland); October 18, 2016, Paris, France"
Yes, that is the title.

Well, that's okay, you just can't understand this piece yet because you lack of some knowledge (about minimallistic sculpture, like the work of Donald Judd). And then understand how Walead Beshty mock the minimalistic.

No its just stupid, they are just L pieces

please explain to me how these L pieces can compete with any of the Paintings and statues i posted

Dan Witz
The Orgy
Oil on canvas

>Well, that's okay, you just can't understand this piece yet because you lack of some knowledge (about minimallistic sculpture, like the work of Donald Judd). And then understand how Walead Beshty mock the minimalistic.
is that also a title?
things change man, they can't be always the same type of art, same paintings, same everything
they change, and that doesn't mean they'll always change for the better
some people will love them, some will hate them
i don't think they're all bad, but i don't think they're all good either
there's still some pretty good content being made, so it's fine

This is the problem with modern art. It is a niche, only made for insiders. You have to possess some knowledge before you can appreciate it. Modern art is made so that this subculture can feel superior, but it's not for the general public.

Alright then explain to me, why L piece should be worth my time, what is so great about them, what am i not seeing.

These pretentious fucks cant make the difference between a rag to whip brushes on and an actual painting. After they come up with bullshit reason like '' just dont have the knowledges '', they are just a bunch of wankers

L pierce
literally who
man i'm not an art lover
i just like pretty well made things
be it a movie, a song, or a paiting. as long as it's looking good/has a good concept, it's fine by me.

I'm not a really big fan myself of the work of Donald Judd, and minimalistic sculpture. But I know that Judd was always very peticulous and precise with the dimensions of his sculptures. Everything was calculated and installed in order to make a perfect shape, nothing could be off-limit.
In the picture I posted, the L shapes directly reminds to Judd's work (google it, I'm dan't want to spoonfeed you). The title is absurdly precise, this is to mock the way minimalistics want to make art with a few simple shapes but are always obsessed with precision and perfection in their productions.
And look at all the filthy fingerprints, any fan of minimalistic sculpture would be totally offended by such a small flaw. Judd's was always very precoucious about that, his shapes should be handle with great care, with special gloves that make no scratches or fingerprints...
But yeah, I couldn't be more precise than that, since I don't really know minimalistic sculpture.

And the point is, with the avant-garde from the early XX century, figuration was not the purpose in art anymore. Now in contemporary art, figuration and non-figuration are used, it depends on what the artist want to say.
(but yes, I agree, there are some crap in contemporary art)

Yes, and that's what I thought when I was visiting this art fair in Paris. If I haven't had the knowledge, I could not appreciate everything.
That's why we need some intermediary, to help people that have not the right knowledge to fully understand what they're seeing.
That's what I do for a living, and I meet all kind of people. I try to be as clear as possible for them, and even with the mos hermetic piece, they always find something interresting that makes them ask a lot of questions.

But if you prefer edgy figurative stuff, here's Lucien Murat. That's an embroidery.

I see it now, i guess im a wanker too now

not your proudest fap, I suppose