Was Best Buy immoral?

Was Best Buy immoral?

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/money/2017/08/30/best-buy-says-42-96-bottled-water-near-houston-big-mistake/616110001/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nope, they dont sell water priced per case like walmart. You buy a case at price per bottle $1.50-3.00 like they normally sell.

this during the flood?
if so it was likely done to stop a family from buying it all for themselves

That's called price gouging

not only that, it is also illegal

It's call prices never changed they just sold them in bulk at the same price per bottle. Do other companies slash prices for bad weather... nope!

Stores can enforce policies that dont break the law
I.E. limit 1 per customer

Larger families could exploit this though. Assuming you have 4 siblings, 1 wife and 3 teenage children, you could easily buy 9 cases of water. Price gouging is one of the only ways to keep large amounts of resources from being taken for one family.

Those bottles are for individual sale. They are purchased by BB in bulk and would lose money by selling it like a Walmart case. The best they can do is sell them at cost of roughly $1.71 a bottle. They usually sell them for $2.50 or more per bottle.

(((Klippenstein)))

always complaining about prices

it's called profiteering

Best But sells convenience soft drinks at around 1.75 - 2.00 per bottle. All that happened is that they offered the bottles as a case. Big deal. Not price gouging at all.

Basically they gouge you every day with bottled water. The only reason people noticed the gouging was that it was a 24 pack. This wasn't storm related gouging.

I can buy a case of water for $4. This is gauging.

You can buy a $4 24-pack if its sold as a $4 24-pack. You cant buy 24 bottles of $2 water for $4

im not amerifat can someone explain why all this shit is about?

itt sane people try to explain case sale price as opposed to individual sale price to californians.

1 75 cent pack of gum is 3 quarters of a dollar

a box of 10 75 cent packs of gum not normally sold per box is *surprise* $7.50

This is exactly how capitalism works kids.
Price vs. Availability.

Jews money people complain the end

its called photoshoping you cuck, go back to your antifa meetings and suck the cock that feeds you

usatoday.com/story/money/2017/08/30/best-buy-says-42-96-bottled-water-near-houston-big-mistake/616110001/
It was gouging - Texas AG called them on it - and predictably Best Buy said it was an employee's mistake, not theirs.

$1.79 erg price x 24 units =$42.96. The Best Buy system can only ring up single bottles and there is no sku to ring up by the case pack. I work at the corp office in Minneapolis. Much ado about nothing you dumb fucking complaining niggers.

See Nigger

Bump

fucking shills know no limits

No, absolutely not. As a business they had the right to do this.

Doesn't mean it wasn't a dumbass choice though.

lmao 42.96$ for 24 large bottles of water,thats like 7 euros in my country

No one asked you, mohammad

just rubbing it in your face,ameriturds

Some dipshit employee labeled it wrong, per item price versus package price