Music doesn't usually affect me that much, but I'm having a hard time recovering from this album...

Music doesn't usually affect me that much, but I'm having a hard time recovering from this album. I thought it was a meme. I want off this ride.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tLfuT810Mjo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Go listen to the rest of their discography. Voids 1 and 2 are good.

giles corey will fuck you up even more

Been on the ride for over 6 months user. No end in sight and this album is in my top 3 ever now

Unnatural world scratches the same itch but in a different way

i just finished listening to this for the first time

what the fuck

When I first listened to it it didn't really catch my attention fully until Earthmover, which was the reason I went back to it again and again. Now I can really appreciate it all. Though I didn't find that it affected me very deeply.

>ywn listen to earthmover for the first time again

listened it yesterday the first time. it has been on repeat since

Zzzzzz

I didn't need this

Calm down bro, it's just a meme album to repeat "Arrowheads" over and over to

Lost interest after 2 minutes.
Yes I have ADD

Tbh I think it's too long for a depresso album. I just feel that long sad albums tend to drag after while

Anyone else feel this?

It is a meme. I can't imagine being fucked up by this overrated shit lmfao.

>The Big Gloom
>Holy Fucking Shit
>Who Would Leave Their Son Out In the Sun

Fucked me up good. I ended up hearing Defenestration Song and Burial Society to warm up for The Unnatural World. Still haven't heard it, lyrics hit too close to home.

Is the rest of the album good? I literally just listened to the first song for like two hours last time I played this album. Heard Bloodhail and just assumed the rest of the album was gonna be as shitty.

There's nothing that sounds exactly like the first track but some sound kinda similar like WWLTSOITS. Amazing album though. What didn't you like about bloodhail?

Bump

This is a great album and Dan is a great guy.
youtube.com/watch?v=tLfuT810Mjo

Bloodhail is the most "normal" track here.
Most anons have similar experience with this album: listen to it in its entirety -> "wtf is this shit, i like only [one track]"-> relisten -> get fucking destroyed emotionally

checked, awesome performance

the final track "earthmover" is one of those tracks that leaves you scratching your head, but after a few more listens, it will start to slowly drag you into the underworld.

Bump

is dan, dare i say it, /ourguy/?

>78029▶
I haven't been on Sup Forums or listened to this album in years and I decided to throw it on the other day while reading, it still holds up, its just good. I can't say the same for a lot of other Sup Forumscore.

Do people actually like songs on here like "Hunter"? So repetitive...

What do you mean? Hunter is great, it's one of the best songs on the album. I don't mind the repetition in the first part, but the second part is god-tier.

Been over four years since I heard this album and I can't think of one since that has affected me more and had more replay value. Not gonna come right out and say this is music's answer to Evangelion but the words are there, you're gonna have to decide if they're true.

I'm having a hard time imagining anyone other than utterly emasculated and self-involved losers getting anything out of this overwrought piece of shit album.
Put on a Deicide album and lift some weights, you queer.

Funny you should say that. When I initially got into the record it reminded me of evangelion in terms of how both evoke dread and impending sense of doom/apocalypse. Whenever I listen it makes me feel what I felt watching eva

Bloodhail is one of their best songs how dare you.

>Who Would Leave Their Son Out In the Sun
I used to skip that song all the time until it hit me.. and when it did it hit me hard. It literally sounds like someone trying their damn hardest and everything keeps going but the world is against it.

>What point is there in pushing on, when all you push against is a brick wall?

>deny me three times, or hurry up and fucking decide

Earthmover is literally one of the most unimpressive songs on the record. Where did this meme come from?

It's literally the same kind of music you people would call garbage post rock crescendo core

Opening track + Bloodhail is by far the most rewarding moment of the whole album

kill yourself normie.

>normies
>sitting through a 7 minutes ambient interlude

I don't think so, kiddie
Also, by enjoying post-rock tier music you're probably closer to normie than i am. And i'm not talking about GY!BE F#A# Infinity era tier post rock, i'm talking about Explosions In The Sky tier poop

he would if he released some music from time to time.
Stop being gay and release some trac Dan !

You read the booklet and took the Antiochus-pill, right user?

Fuck, this is so great. Blackspring Conneticut when?

read that book at the peak of my depression a few months back

unreal

>first song
>interlude
What?

I can't get past that

lmao

I WANT TO FEEL

tru that but also add The Big Gloom

Woah you must be really strong and intimidating, I better listen to your music recommendations before you beat me up, I'm terrified.

Earthmover isn't the first song friendo.

>uses repetitive as a fucking criticism
Repetition is the fucking best thing in music you stupid pleb

refer to minutes ambient interlude

Earthmover isn't 7 minutes.

Made the same mistake of going into it thinking it was a big meme. It fucked me up though

arrowheads amirite

Earthmover is the best piece of music ever written in human history.

I mean, it probably isn't.
But it's still really good.

Yeah cause he was talking about eternal worm. You really think earthmover is ambient?