Saw DG last night in Melbourne

>saw DG last night in Melbourne
>doors openned at 7
>no opener
>no merch table
>barely any lighting
>didn't start till ~9:30
>background mix while waiting was nothing but Beastie Boys
>a couple times an hour there would be a 10 second+ break between Beastie Boys songs so you'd think they're starting
>at 9:00, theye played a small clip that sounded like a band warming up for a minute, before abruptly switching back to Beastie Boys
>Toward the end they played the same BB song like three times in a row
>started abruptly after looping the intro to one BB song for like a minute

Who's seeing them tonight?
Just lining up now

That was the concert, dummy.

that was all part of it. i'm not even being pretentious. death grips fucked the crowd around until we were like a pack of hungry wolves. when they finally came on the relief was palpable. i was literally front row against the fence thing for the first 30 mins and i had to gtfo to the bar for the rest bc it was so hot and angry.

did you enjoy it? where were you standing?

one of my friends there was the guy that vomited all over himself and got kicked out.

What the fuck was up with that band that interrupted the beastie boys tribute show?

It got really crazy for an hour there, I just wanted to stand there and listen to some BB. :(

i was expecting at least an hour late, so like an 8:30 start, nope. Went all the fucking way to 9:30. People were getting real anxious and pissed off by around 9ish, I can't even remember seeing them walk on stage, I just recall the crowd instantly pushing a wave of people into the left of me, I almost fell over but everyone to the right of me was practically on their knees. I wasn't prepared for it even with the expectations of it being that fucking crazy.

But when it was a few songs in, I got real comfortable, even with it being crazy, I just got angry and demanded the space.

Stefan went absolutely fucking mental at Hot Head.

i thought they were gonna go on at 10. i was surprised it was as early as 9:30. with you on not being prepared for the mosh though, gf got her head stomped on. she was fine though. just weren't expecting everyone to be so fuckin angry.

the guys gave an incredible performance. zach has no shoes on.

Here now, listening to some sick beasty beats

grab some bottled water if you wanna mosh. that was my biggest regret.

Man that sucks there was some instances of people getting hurt, I was pretty much 3-4 rows back in the middle and I was kinda drifting between the middle and the right and whenever someone fell over they got helped back up. But I doubt there was much love in the mosh at the beginning it was just a full scale riot.

The show was everything and more, I've never gone so hard at a live show. It was incredible, I'll never forget seeing someone snap a flash shot of stefan leaning forward and the flash on his eyes just showed this wide-eyed madman staring in my direction.

Get ready for another hour of it plus teasing.
And yeah like said, get water. I was parched as fuck the whole set, I'm surprised I didn't get heat exhaustion wearing a jacket in the mosh.

This just in, someone has started a fan right behind the drumkit

I enjoyed it, and I understand the intent of the whole thing, but i still felt like the band had a contempt for the audience which I didn't dig, especially along with the lack of an encore. It might have been the most wild I'd ever seen a crowd, but I've seen close without a band having to fuck around the audience for so long.

Was up the front for the start of the set, but got tired of focusing on holding my spot, so moved back into the mosh pit.

why does the singer always sing over a playback during the live performances?

way i see it, i don't think a live band owes me anything. Sure they could start sooner, I agree with ya there, but I don't know how they feel towards the crowd so I dont even bother speculating. But i pay my money and get my show at least.

The only thing I can ever ask for is for them to come back to australia soon, fuck waiting 3 years.

DG most likely don't have more than a year or two of worthwhile music in them anyway

*a year or two left

I'd like to see them preserved inside 1 decade

next album could be the last for real, but who knows question is if they cap off the band with some world tour or some shit.

I was at the Brisbane show, same beasties boys thing there too. fucking best show though, everyone was fucking wild, I was at the front too, the wait was worth it, felt sorry for some other people at the front though, saw a few get pulled out for their safety I think. When the water splashes came it was like divine nectar, I hope I get to see another show as good as that

wait i thought the beastie boys thing was like the venue's choice of music. so it really must be the bands decision to play that stuff haha.

nah man they love the crowd they are just super introverted : ) it'd really fuck with the image of the whole band if they said 'thanks for coming out' or did an encore. the music tells the story of a crazed maniac and the beats serve as a backing to this story. they were like very dedicated actors. i'm sure if you caught any of them outside and said 'hey man, love ur stuff' they would be super super nice.

also i was the guy in a mesh tee with a flanny and a jumper tied around his waist. if i saw you, hey : )

cringe

?? how?

Jesus man it's like you've never been to a 'cool' band's gig before

They always make you wait/piss you off
That's what trendy bands to, hate and belittle the audience

>see DG in 2015
>doors open
>fashion week plays through twice in its entirety while waiting
>few minute break after finishing 2nd time
>oshit here we go!
>runway j starts AGAIN
>FUCK
>people start bitching
>"why can't they play some good music at least?"
>"Yeah, they should just play some Death Grips albums at least, not this generic dubstep trash"
>mfw
>they finally go on and i realize i would have waited 5x as long and it would still have been worth it

Enjoy the show m8, hope you get a better crowd than I did though

if it's about staying 'in character' then they wouldn't have made a cheeky Beastie Boyz mix

what other bands have you seen doing similar stuff?

>i'm sure if you caught any of them outside and said 'hey man, love ur stuff' they would be super super nice.
jfc are you 16?
they don't care about you seriously. don't expect every artist to like you. just enjoy the music.
dg has dissed fans over and over everytime.

when have they ever 'dissed fans'? every encounter anyone has had with them that ive heard has been them being quiet and humble. like normal fucking people.

If I went to a gig and it was 2 and a half hours of nothing prior to the band playing I'd be pissed. DG fans will probably justify it but to me that sounds like a waste of time.

plenty of times ppl have whined on here dg not answering them back when they said hi.
>like normal fucking people.
but anyway seems like your mind is made up on how you think they are.

that beastie boys lmao

I enjoyed it tho

I had to sit out for a song about halfway through

had trouble catching my breath again after getting drilled into that fucking pillar in front of the stage kek

dude that pillar is the biggest flaw of that venue. bang in the middle.

Saw them in Brisbane on Friday night. A fight started during the Beastie Boys phase. Doesn't get much more hectic fellas.

Brisbane venue (Max Watts) was fucking perfection desu

midway through the set I drifted towards the middle because of the mosh, and I cant even fucking see the stage. Its bad enough I literally never ever saw Zach drumming from even 3 rows away, but I cant even fucking see Stefan perform with that fucking pillar.

i heard that there were like steps or platforms everywhere or something at the brizzie venue

the show was terrific, kek at the beastie boys, some people in the crowd were straight up retarded tho

a big middle finger to the bucket hat 3 foot tall kid and his chumps, and ugly ass fat dude and chick next to them for being super obnoxious

shoutout to the dude on the railing with the transparent glasses and buzzcut, i can tell you are a real fan

fought my way to stay in the second and third row, if i wait from 5.30 for a 9.30 performance i better make it worth it. it took me about three songs to remove my shirt it was so packed.

also that pillar is straight up moronic.

Yeah there were but it wasnt a bad thing. It essentially created different sections to go to depending on how much you wanted to get into it

>Didn't start til 9:30

This is normal you tard, people wanna get drinks

ahaha do you mean the blue bucket hat right up the front? i swear i was in that area with the big guy and his harlequin gf.

also it's good for the venue, more opportunity for them to sell drinks if people are waiting longer

Was that the chick with the like pink hair and eyeliner, and dumbass piercings and at one point she was taking like 50 fucking selfies of herself during the wait?

thats the one. they were absolute degenerates, she pulled some guy's hair during the show and forced him to the side for apparently no reason. also cuz he's fat it means he takes up the space of like 3 normal people.

who were you guys? i was wearing a white tee next to this awesome dutch exchange kid i met just to their left.

ahahah yessss. what was the blue hat doin wrong? i was with her and she was a chiller. some of the kids behind us were pretty annoying tho

yeah i dont know exactly who it was but some of kids in that vicinity were absolute jerks in forcing their way to the front, a couple of my mates who had been like 10th in line since 5 o'clock got forced off the platform because they were squeezing in from the side.

What a show.
Thrillho.

They seemed like degenerates, I just remember looking onward in a bit of disgust at the whole situation.

during that wait where i noticed that chick I was about 2 rows back wearing a death classic shirt and a military green jacket on which i was fucking sweating in the entire time. I was just behind these guys who were mega fans who were a bit cringey, talking about the Fantano "YO STEFAN" story and shit. I went to the gig on my own.

By the time the gig started I somehow was far away from the point of where I was waiting.

i didnt really notice the blue hat guy you guys are talking about, noticed her fat ass boyfriend though.

s o

m a n y

k i d s

this
probably same ones itt now. fuck off pls

you guys looked like you needed to have been ID'd again

blue hat and i got there early as and made nice convos with the people around us. blue hat wasnt the one with the fat bf that was this harlequin girl. some fuckin kids behind us were like on fuckloads of speed and md and were tryna get to the front for whatever reason. i was wearing a white tee and standing directly behind blue hat :)

ahaha nah we're 18 and 19. saw a few kids that i recognised from school that were like 16 tho

yeah i know you guys aren't harlequin couple.
i was directly to their left. i just assumed you guys were involved in the pushing as you said it must've been the guys behind you.

are you lanky as hell with shaggy dog hair? if so I def saw you, you look like mu incarnate

Good show tonight , still recovering

ahaha yess that's me!!! we weren't pushing at all fuck that shit ahaha. i had like 2 or 3 people around me recognising me from seeing my band play which is crazy ahaha. ive shilled it on Sup Forums quite a bit so they probably saw me posting on here. i was wayyy too skinny for that fuckin mosh! were you with that cool as looking dude with the clear frames?

No I wasn't but I gave him a shoutout here , 'cool as looking' is a great description for him. I was just wearing black jeans and white tee, but i def made eye contact with you.

>this thread
why are DG fans so embarrassing?

: ( some Sup Forumstants had actual fun outside of their homes. be happy for them.

ah dude that's nice : ) there were so many people with white tees ahah. i probably saw you tho

all these people discussing the good times they had and sharing stories and here you are on a tibetan pottery board sold to kuala lumpar merchants being salty and shitting on them.

who hurt you user

what's your favourite band?

>girls
>at my meme grips concert

that there were, hope you enjoyed it mate. please get a haircut too

ahahah yeah i'm really due for one aye

Went to tonight's show.

The crowd was cringy as fuck and the set peaked like 15 minutes in with No Love.

Fuck that pillar lmao.

What did the mega fans look like?

That's a pretty common thing for rapppers. Only person I've seen do it live is Wiz Khalifa (sp?) and G-Dragon (separate shows) and they went to the tens by bringing in full bands on top of DJs.

Sup Forums browsers dressed fairly normal. megafans didn't dress that much differently, just black shirts and jeans.

0/10 not enough shaved heads. Except for that one tiny chick with a bald head, that was weird.

>what other bands have you seen doing similar stuff?

Not OP but Die Antwoord did this. Waited 1.5 hours after doors for opening DJ guy that started off amazing and turned into a boring pop-shuffle playlist, then waited another 1.5 hours after that bozo ended. I usually try to get into openers if they're any good, but this guy just irritated the fuck out of me with his mixes. DA was amazing live though, everyone should try to see them.

Didn't sound like Ride was doing this to me, besides the parts where it was distorted and obviously meant to be like that

It was pretty good. Copped an elbow to the scone but I was up front row for most of it

Lost more of my hearing because it was too packed to even get my ear plugs but worth it because front row at a DG show

I had a spare pair of plugs, wish I'd been able to give them to you buddy.

>had earplugs in
>right one fell out
>now right ear is ringing
fuck

>tfw cute girl was standing in front of me and kept falling into me
>really wanted to bite her neck but that'd've been inappropriate

Nah, there were a few portion where he wasn't in sync with the backing track. Start of Pillbox Hat for example

But not like it really mattered, still did a great job!

i had a girl bump me away with her ass like she stuck it out and pushed back against me right onto my dick, i dont even know what she was doing.

I didn't know if that was moshing or an invitation.

damn, guess i was too noided to notice

tfw locked eyes with a grill while yelling lyrics at each other for a few seconds

got shoved out of the way by the mosh shortly after

I think some cute girl held my hand as I was air punching during No Love but it could have been a guy idk

definitely out of sync because i was running along with it but got a bit confused myself halfway, lines were overlapping.

but fuck me did he burst a lung during it

saw them in brisbane a few nights ago, loved it and good crowd. thought ride was weirdly quiet in the mix for a lot of it but still got through their best songs well

hahhaha that chick was next to me when the set started she was gacked on md or something and died during the first song

Death Grips crowds have some of the worst people in them. I saw them at a festival and some dude was just stomping the shit out of a phone on the floor, which is just a dick move to whoever's phone it was when there's lost and founds around the place anyway.

I was brown skinny pants, black dress shirt, beard, wlftmoi tat.

Wee

Got free tickets to last night, It was Reddit the crowd.
>people paid to see this