New edition

Gaelic nationalists only!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kua_iJ4bAmo
youtube.com/watch?v=ziU36CDT1wU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw no 6/10 drug-addled sociopathic Irish gf

>superiority
Dubnigger here, Dublin is shit, unless you're in the Dublin mountains or somewhere like Garristown which is basically not Dublin.

Downloaded a modpack for Skyrim, because I couldn't be bothered downloading them all individually and ensuring they were compatible myself.
Done that too many times in the past and then never bothered to play properly.
PerfectlyModded is the name of the pack if anyone cares, I hadn't heard of it before, but it seems decent.

>pushing her non existent tits together like that
should be illegal to

What anime/computer game/tv show/book are you currently consuming lads and are they any good?

I'm reading The Double Tongue and watching Elfen Lied.

Have the sniffles and feeling /miserable/ lads.

this tey bey heytch

t.drimnagh

filthy heures, go back to your crack dens.

t. Swords

fuck off sabhsaí

Incorrect I'm FF-lad, ye paki Army shitebag.

Honey and Clover
Persona 5
13 Reasons Why
Queen of Stars and Shadows

P5 is great, too early to say on the others but they're interesting so far.

>Swords
>not a crack den
Sorry lad, it is.
t. Portmarnock beach on a "nice" day

>realise I'm watching/playing/reading nothing
>don't even feel like it

playing overwatch

Playing Persona, that's about it.

>Elfen Lied
How is it? It's on my backlog, I believe. Don't know much about it.

>anime
Sup Forums!
>computer game
Sup Forums's (you) collectathon.
>tv show
The same shit that's on every night, the Sup Forums experience.
>book
A wikihow article on how to do something else with my time.

listening to Jet

>Honey and Clover
Was gonna watch that next since someone here mentioned it, presume it was you.

>Queen of Stars and Shadows
What is that? Can't really find anything concrete when I google it.

can anyone of you even speak irish

Tá, agus cén fáth an féidir leat labhairt Béarla?

Níl.

>Was gonna watch that next since someone here mentioned it, presume it was you.
Yeah, I mentioned it a few days ago. I'm still not sure on it but will stick with it for the moment.
>What is that? Can't really find anything concrete when I google it.
It's part of a fantasy series.

Cheer up Frogweeb.

It's good. Has a melancholic vibe to it.

The OP and ED are nice too.

youtube.com/watch?v=kua_iJ4bAmo
youtube.com/watch?v=ziU36CDT1wU

Irisch ist tot

Imigh leat, amlóg. Ba mhaith liom bris d'mhuineal.

Ich kann es nicht verstehen

I heard it is still teached in schools. Are there any people who try to use it in their day language?

Hmm, it looks interesting. I like fantasy so I'll look into it.

ich verstehe nicht*

yeah on the west coast its spoken as a first language. Search for Gaeltachts
also its taught in schools but really badly so a lot of people end up hating it

Fadó fadó, níl homaighnéasacht ortsa féin.

>I heard it is still teached in schools
Yes although controversially, most would like to see it downgraded to an optional subject. It's also taught very poorly and examined in a way where someone could with a 12 year olds knowledge of it could pass the final ordinary paper.

>Are there any people who try to use it in their day language?
It's like our own Amish community in the sense that there are people in certain pockets of the middle of nowhere who apparently do it. The vast majority of us have never come in contact with those people so we just take it on faith that they actually exist.

It is not incorrect althrough I would say "Ich kann dich/das nicht verstehen"
That's just because most schools learn languages incorrectly. You learn languages by making connections and learning as much new words as possible (Grammar is instincively)

>most would like to see it downgraded to an optional subject
most children. A lot of people I've talked to who hated it in school say they wish it was taught better

It was our go to phrase for the german oral if we didn't understand the question.

If you blame how the language was taught for not being able to speak it, then you're just passing the buck. The fact is, if you wanted to speak the language, then you'd fucking speak it.

If a Yank can become fluent in Irish over a course of some months, you can fucking do it too.

just learned of a thing called a "surge protector" lads

always just called them all extension leads/cables

Yes most children since it is children who tend to be in school and are those forced to learn it. The vast majority of adults don't use it in anyway, it's nonsensical to make it compulsory.
If it was optional I'd wager >75% would not choose it.

surge protectors are a particular kind of extension lead, not all of them have the surge protection

There is no protection from the Surge.

>it's nonsensical
Sure lets make maths, english, geography and sciences optional for the junior cert as well.

On yourself sideways, Swooce.

>letting children choose what they're taught for every subject

no. If you haven't learned something in school that's because school isn't built to learn you something, but to filter out people that are not in wageslave mindset. Yanks that learn it over the course of a few months do it by learning words and reading texts. Schools don't do that but instead force you to do chores about learning grammar, which is only important to learn when you don't learn it through reading texts or want to improve what you have learned through texts

Only Maths and English should be mandatory for Leaving Cert since they're vital skills for everyday life. The rest should be options based on an individual.
I don't mind Irish being retained for the Junior Cert since that doesn't actually matter and already has shite like CSPE there.

pretty good and well informed post here

I agree that the language isn't spoken due to the high degree of apathy in which it's considered, but I have a distinct memory of when and how Irish passed me by and that was in primary school when I realised I had no idea what sibh, sinn, siad etc. were or how to use them and the teacher wasn't going to stop to specifically help me and that I'd never understand them.

That's when I gave up on Irish.

Also I think children start learning it to early, when they barely have a grasp of English as is, and the structure of Irish is subsequently confusing.

realistically the only way we'd ever have a fluent population would be to convert every primary school to a Gaelscoil. These schools teach everything in Irish and the children come out fluent at 12
the majority of subjects are useless if you have that view. Children are dumb and must be taught what adults deem appropriate

>maths
>vital for everyday life
I haven't a fucking clue about what they taught me then nor do I now and I'm grand

>wageslave
Cec ocaigh a bhuachaill, ocaigh.

>only Maths and English [...] vital for everyday life
When was the last time you had to use the Pythagorean theorem or differentiate? When was the last time you had to quote September 1913?

You're a fucking gobshite, lad.

>I think children start learning it to early
You're supposed to learn it early. Do you think they wait until you're 15 or 16 before teachin you English in Germany or Norway?

The entire point of the language is to learn it early on, so you get used to differentiating between them and you don't need to "translate" from one language to the other in a conversation but that it will flow between the two parties.

What percentage of corporations do you think would view Irish as a desirable skill for employment?
About as useful as knowing Latin I'd say.

>What percentage of corporations do you think would view Irish as a desirable skill for employment?
Bilingualism leads to a higher IQ and a higher likelihood of the person going into third level.

What percentage of corporations do you think would view bilingualism as a negative for employment?

>About as useful as knowing Latin I'd say.
Considering there's 80,000 native speakers at a minimum, you're about as well-informed as the scrotum of a flea-riddled dog.

Yeah but English is very similar to those languages and it's easy for a child to immerse themselves in it.

I understand what "the point" is but I just don't think it works.

Also Irish orthography is a clusterfuck for a child to contend with or comprehend when you.re still struggling with learning English orthography.

How many value history, geography etc
Also who cares about what corporations value?
not everything is about money

Maths teaches deductive reasoning and problem solving. What you're saying is the equivalent of "What's the point of going to the gym? When am I going to need to lift a dumbbell in my every day life?"
I've used discrete mathematics as part of my job relating to graph theory and it was also part of my degree course along with calculus and probability.

What percentage of corporations do you think would view bilingualism as a negative for employment?
Many, what percentage of them would like that 2nd language to be French, German or Spanish which can be used communicating with global clients as opposed to Irish?
Learning another language is important but there's no reason why that language should be Irish.

>Yeah but English is very similar to those languages and it's easy for a child to immerse themselves in it.
Absolutely and utterly irrelevant to learning a language as a child. Do you think children in Poland or Hungary wait until they're 16 to start learning English? Do you think they complain about their language not being similar to English?
>I've used discrete mathematics as part of my job relating to graph theory and it was also part of my degree course along with calculus and probability.
And you think graph theory is used in "everyday life"?
>Many
Cec, you're a gob shite. No fucking company is going to look on bilingualism as a negative, you're just being contrarian at this stage.

>Many, what percentage of them would like that 2nd language to be French, German or Spanish which can be used communicating with global clients as opposed to Irish?
Bilingualism makes becoming multilingual easier, you cancer.

>Learning another language is important but there's no reason why that language should be Irish.
Except we're Irish.

Bhuel, I am and most of us here are. You probably aren't.

>there's no reason why that language should be Irish
>>>>there is no reason Irish should be taught in Ireland to Irish people

I'd imagine ecologists, land planners, geologists etc value Geography quite strongly. Same with Historians, Politicians or those involved with Arts for History.
Those are optional subjects for LC so they don't have to be useful for everyone, they are certainly useful for someone. Like Irish which is useful in some roles but not all, so it should also but an optional subject so those who are interested in career paths involving it can choose it and everyone else can pick something more useful for them.

>Also who cares about what corporations value?
Is this a serious comment when we're discussing education?

>tfw was always shite at maths and have minor dyscalculia

I simultaneously envy and loathe you maths nerds.

>want to build new PC
>realise Microshite doesn't offer the free Botnet 10 upgrade anymore
>have to pay for the fucking OS bringing up the over price of the build

Kill me.

>Is this a serious comment when we're discussing education?
Are you seriously trying to state that education is solely for the benefit of a corporation?

It's a word, if the language was called Hibernian instead would you feel better about not knowing it?
We are a country which speaks English, we are speaking English right now. If you exit your house and speak to someone it will be in English or they won't understand you. There are some difficult facts you need to come to terms with here.

Nobody said solely, your assertion is that employment skills shouldn't be a consideration for education.

FROGWEEB PLEASE

>We are a country which speaks English

Why do you keep using the term "we", Gall?

>I'd imagine ecologists, land planners, geologists etc value Geography quite strongly. Same with Historians, Politicians or those involved with Arts for History.
Grand. Then they'll start employing people straight from school if they do those subjects rather than people who did it in university
The fact is you're grasping at straws. Corporations don't give a shite about whats taught in secondary school

>There are some difficult facts you need to come to terms with here
you're the one saying Irish isn't a part of Ireland and we should just ignore it because le corporations xd

I didn't know you were an expert on childhood psychology and education.

Just confirms that Geailgors are all smug and condescending about Irish.

Not because of corporations but because it's entirely useless in every facet of life for living in this country, or any other.

Do you have beautiful nature in Ireland?

Doubt he's even a Gaeilgeoir. This place is full of people with basic Irish but who like the concept because of nationalism.

What's your opinion on it?

>Geailgors
You can't even spell the fucking word. G'wan away back to England, scrote.

Some great scenery

Like I said Irish orthography is a clusterfuck.

It's alright.

Why is it necessary that you build one?

My compoopers came with WIndows 10 and it's a nuisance trying to find everything you're meant to disable.

Comfy!

What a beautiful horse.

Ha, you are just trying to make it seem like you don't have nice nature.

pic

The orthography is more consistent than a great many other languages - especially English.

Aoi is always going to be an Aoi sound. Tough and though have different -ough sounds in English. Live and live are wrote the exact same but sound different.

There's nothing particularly tough about Irish, you just aren't fucked learning it.

There's only two ponies and one horse in that pic horse.

>Why is it necessary that you build one?

I want the best of the best parts so it lasts me 5-8 years.

yeah but we can make it useful. You have a nihilistic and defeatist attitude
yeah but not much mountainous stuff like sweden and norway. Ireland is very flat

I agree the orthography is more consistent, it's just a clusterfuck when you speak English as a first language and have only just begun to learn its orthography, which is difficult for most, to be confronted bai te cloistír fook tát is oirish/gwhalega as well as a VSO language.

>why build one
Are you suggesting he buy a per-assembled computer? If so, that's a terrible idea.

Why should we change society to forcefully make something useful instead of learning useful skills for the society we have?

just copy it on to a USB and use that as the boot for it
I'm running a copy I didn't pay for an it just gives you this little yoke in the bottom right hand screen saying "Activate Windows", and I can just remove that whenever I want after I did some things in a video a paki made

>like sweden and norway
>like sweden
This is how 99% of sweden looks like. Beautiful in its own way, but it's not a mountainous country at all. They do however have a bit of mountains along the norwegian boarder.

I like your picture, it's nice. Reminds me a bit of faroe islands.

>Ireland is very flat

>which is difficult for most
It takes no longer than 15-20 minutes to learn the rules, maybe a day or two of practice.

The VSO is understandably difficult, which is hy you want kids to learn it young rather than "waiting" as you've proffered. A 4 year old can speak Irish if that's the language they're raised with. The rules become innate for them.

A 14 year old learning Irish will have a significantly tougher time learning it, since they have to sit down and actually try to learn the rules.

Like I've said before, the reason you don't speak Irish is because you're not fucked speaking it. It has nothing to do with it being tough, nothing to do with it being "irrelevant". You're just passing the buck because you're too lazy to learn it.

Because our society was forced into English rather than Irish. We were severed from our language and left with the bastard tongue of some foreigners in our mouths.

Do you have no pride in Ireland or the Irish? Do you not wish you could read An Lebor Gebala Éirinn? Do you not want to understand the stories of Tír na nÓg as they were written? Have you no fucking shame in not even being able to speak your own language?

The only argument you've put forth is "corporations:(" which is an absolutely lie, as if someone speaking Irish means they can't also speak German or French (it in fact makes it easier to learn those languages).

You're either depressed about having to learn Irish for the upcoming leaving cert, or you're simply a Seonín.

>because you are too lazy to learn it
99% of reasons why people don't learn a language summed up

I disagree and think you're wrong. Wasn't able to learn it in however many school years like the vast majority of Irish people.

Ironic you're posting a mountain made famous by an Anglo-Irish poet who became critical of that very sort of Irish nationalist sentiment.

>Wasn't able to learn it
Because you simply weren't fucked learning it. Des Bishop could learn Irish. So either you're completely fucking stupid, or you're just lazy.

Anyway, I'm done talking with a Seonín. Pass the blame to the education system if you wish, or blame it's irrelevance in the free market, but just know that the only reason you don't speak it, is because you don't want to fucking speak it.

>the english once owned all of ireland
>ironic that irish nationalists are posting images of land that was once english

Kind of

Speaking of which, when the fuck are you dropping that sissy French language and learning the tongue of the True Europeans?

Pay day lads.

Gaelic more like Gay Lick haha banter

A language is a means of communication, we're already communicating perfectly fine so it is no longer required.

>Do you have no pride in Ireland or the Irish?
Speaking Irish as never been a part of living in Ireland in my lifetime.

>Do you not wish you could read An Lebor Gebala Éirinn? Do you not want to understand the stories of Tír na nÓg as they were written?
No, not particularly interested in the Arts or reading ancient stories in any language.

>Have you no fucking shame in not even being able to speak your own language?
English is my language.

>You're either depressed about having to learn Irish for the upcoming leaving cert, or you're simply a Seonín.
I'm a pragmatist and living in the 21st century as opposed to the 17th century.

gaeilge more like gay nigga haha