For you, is the thrill of living gone?

For you, is the thrill of living gone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BAGwovDIMyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't have money to do anything spectacular, I embrace my home and myself with whatever I can afford. You got a reply, please don't kill yourself.

No it's not, I'm not saying this because I don't want you to suicide like that other faggot, I used to care about that when I saw threads like these but nowadays I'm honestly indifferent, I'm just interested in talking about myself for attention.
As said above I used to care if other people kill themselves, and I usually tried to talk them out of it, even if it took huge portions of their time. That's because I always embrace life like as if it's fresh and new and better and more exciting times are just around the corner, savagely telling myself "it's going to get better" in my worst times, because as I know life that's 100% true. Life is like a wave-pool of ups and downs, except that at some point in life you might get tossed in an ocean and no matter where you look, you'll just see bigger and bigger waves flooding at you. For me it's important to remember, that when this day once also haunts me, I remember to keep swimming. Because even if life was just miserable, killing myself would just mean missing out, and pain isn't real anyways.

You got some of that edge bro?

life is short, life is so short

youtu.be/BAGwovDIMyQ

>For you, is the thrill of living gone?

There are still good things about life. I am no longer interested in things I used to be concerned with... it's good to be left alone and have time to process my various relationships and travels and adventures... what you leave out is more important that what you stuff in...

I'm not the OP but I needed that, thank you.

not right now. went away for a few years but came back.

it does come back OP. Don't give up.

Oh yes definitely. But I'm still hoping it will come back again if I can manage to stay away from booze, drugs and whores and get my sorry ass to the gym. Maybe it's not so much tired of living but tired of dying slowly and painfully due to my own degenerate habits.

is living supposed to be thrilling?

i think you nailed it there. Booze is the absolute worst too. I had to stop not cuz i was drinking too much or too often, but because everytime i drink i get super depressed even if i've just been out with good friends having a blast.

It just fucks with your brain.

Same here. I've been feeling like hanging myself since the last time a week or so ago and I was dry for almost a month before that and doing just fine. Maybe it just fucks with some of us more than others.

Nah, but being a teenager was really fun at times.

most definitely. i stick with weed instead. It's far from harmless but i find that i can function much better if i smoke every now and then instead of drinking.

It doesn't make me do stupid things i will later regret nor does it make me want to shoot myself like booze does

Weed makes me do stupid things. The main one being drinking and smoking a whole pack of cigarettes in a night. It's all or nothing for me and if I want to retain any sort of will to live at this point in my life I have to let all that shit go. It's old hat anyway which makes me wonder why the hell I still go back to it. Some sort of masochistic comfort in familiar misery as opposed to unfamiliar happiness.

That song is by Johm Mellomcamp, not John Cougar

>Some sort of masochistic comfort in familiar misery as opposed to unfamiliar happiness.

I can relate to this. This is real and probably the hardest part.

Maybe you should start by doing unfamiliar things in general just for the sake of change.
Jumping in the deep end of everything is good practice to get familiar with the concept of unfamiliarity.

Basically, you need to get good at sucking at new things and not give a shit.

I turn 50 this year and have been through shit in my life that should have killed me 10x over. It took me this long to get my shit together an now I have money a nice home no debt and do whatever the fuck I want, going to buy a new car for my 50th bday present to myself, drink top shelf and live in a weed legal state, the point is it sucked for me for a long fucking time but I made it through and it is so worth it.

There never was a thrill

Very true. I have some ideas on that but for now I'm out of commission with a horrible throat infection from all the degeneracy. The main one is getting to a gym seeing as I actually have the money for it. That's very unfamiliar but probably a lot more rewarding than spending my money on rotting away at my depressing local dive with a bunch of losers. I guess any dumb thing can get to be a habit.

Not bad. 44 and hoping it's not too late for me.

Any life advice for someone who is younger (25)?

If an asshole like me can manage it anyone can.

Have as much sex as you can, even if it means lowing your standards. That's the shit you remember when you're old.

it seems half of your battle is over, you know what you have to do so your not really lost.

now you just need to go after it. I'm in the same position.

Also got a throat infection...... are you me?

I quit a few years ago. These days I might have two or three beers with friends. But, I always go to bed sober. In the past year I've been to a bar three times.

I gave up drinking as a temp measure to quit smoking. Turns out that not drinking feels great. The hangovers were killing me. Three sometimes four days of depression, but I thought this was normal. This was me. Then I'd drink again so I never got off the cycle. (I was a weekend binge drinker)

The only negative is it's very lonely at first. Once you quit, you lose "friends". You find out that many people were there only so that they were not drinking alone. Friday nights out with the boys was really a gathering of alcholics.

Gratz man, i wish you all the best. this post is a shining beacon of hope.

46 here. B is not as young as people would think.

Weird! Well the good thing about it is I'll lose some weight before the gym. To painful to swallow.

Sounds exactly like my situation. I just hope I can do it and don't die in this state.

I've often wondered if there are really more middle aged fags like me lurking.

I consider myself very lucky with my friends. I can go out with them where they drink and i don't and everybody is super cool about it.

Those "friends" you lost. Good riddance, some people are just not worth having in your life, especially if in reality they are just your enabling drug buddies.

Loneliness sucks though but it can motivate you to find better friends

>The main one is getting to a gym seeing as I actually have the money for it.

Sup Forumsro, if I may, forget the gym for now. Poeple join, pay all that money and then quit. First see if you have the willpower to change. I won't ever step foot in a gym again. Where I live the parks all have adult play areas...varying height pull-up bars, and dipping bars. you can also buy 2 10kg weights and some push-up stands.

(1) push-ups
(2) pull-ups
(3) dips
(4) squats with the weights

If you are motivated, you'll never need to step foot in a gym. One more piece of "equipment" is optional, but highly recommended for cardio...see picture

Life goes on,
Long after the thrill of fucking is gone,
Now fuck off now

owned

Yeah, for the most part.
Nothing's enjoyable and everything just burns slightly, but I suppose that my fault in the end.
The only thing holding me together now is the fear/inability to die that anything else.

Cheers, man.

Find peace in simple pleasures like a glass of iced tea, or even cold water.

I hate John Cougar Mellencamp and his Walmart brand of Bruce Springsteen Americana Bullshit.

No, the resurgence of civil disobedience has reinvigorated my lust for life.