Next year is the 50th anniversary of the best album The Beatles ever made...

Next year is the 50th anniversary of the best album The Beatles ever made. Do you think they will release anything for it like they did Sgt Pepper?

Also don't try to tell me the White Album isn't the best Beatles because I'm right

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wagTIytC5xo
recmusicbeatles.com/public/files/awp/wmggw.1.html
express.co.uk/entertainment/music/806305/The-Beatles-White-Album-50th-anniversary-George-Martin
twitter.com/mashupmartin/status/865115257647370240?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://wror.com/2017/05/22/update-plans-beatles-white-album-reissue/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Also don't try to tell me the White Album isn't the best Beatles because I'm right

you may be right, but revolver is better

Why wouldn't they? Easy cash grab

I agree with you user. It is their best.

if they do it should include Carnival of Light

>the best album The Beatles ever made

How can you be this pleb?

My second favorite Beatle record. I'd buy the shit out of an anniversary vinyl reissue

White Album is a fucking mess. It's one of the worst Beatles album. They don't even sound like The Beatles.

???

>I didn't like that at all... It's inferior.

Structurally it isn't great
Musically it's fucking fantastic

It would make sense given the White Album has Revolution 9 and we essentially a big catalogue of whatever they wanted to make rather than a coherent concept album. One can dream.
hmmm. Abbey Road is a very close second

But the messiness is what makes it great

Abbey, sgt pepper, and white album are all legendary

>It would make sense
It wouldn't because it's a Sgt Pepper era track

>he doesn't like the white album

>Do you think they will release anything for it like they did Sgt Pepper?
No, they won't. The only other one they might is Abbey Road.

youtu.be/wagTIytC5xo what key is this in

I think it's a fucking good album, but it really does feel like the Beatles just decided to record random songs, then throw them together on to an album.
That being said, the songs are fucking great, it's definitely one of their best albums.

>but it really does feel like the Beatles just decided to record random songs
It can't, because almost all of them were written over one specific period of time. Is there a problem with being versatile?

Was Dear Prudence one of The Beatles' best songs? Every time I listen to it it goes up in my estimations

it is indeed their best

>muh cohesive album
so sick of this, the white album is a buffet of jams. its fantastic.

No, not at all
What I mean is, the album kinda jumps all over the place.
One song is upbeat, the next is real depressing, the next is poppy.
It feels like a playlist, the songs are great but there isn't that much of a flow to it if that makes sense.

It switches between Am and A

recmusicbeatles.com/public/files/awp/wmggw.1.html
I'm saying is that's what makes it great. But if one pays closer attention, there is organization to the album, it's meant to sound random.

You're a buffet of faggotry

>It's meant to sound random

>it's meant to sound random
this tbqh. Or, even if it wasn't *meant* to sound random I think it benefits from it. They're certainly not trying to be coherent when they plop in tracks like 'Wild Honey Pie'

Yes.

Man that song I think was the one that got me really into music.
It was just beautiful, I remember going outside and seeing the world a bit differently.
That's probably gay and pretentious as fuck, but I think that song did change my opinion on music.

The white album is the first alternative rock album. If you aren't a pleb, you'll understand what I'm saying.

>albums aren't supposed to sound random

You do know that artists put the songs they make on an album in a specific order right? They don't just make the songs then say "fuck it" and throw them all in at random

I know two albums by classic artists right off the top of my head where they did.

Your problem is
>albums should sound like what I want them too!

No, I'm not saying that every album should or is like that
All I said was that the white album isnt as structured as the rest of the Beatles catalouge, it's a great album but it feels pretty random.

The White Album is 60% fantastic and 40% filler. They could have made one of the best albums of the 60s, instead, they made a bloated, bumbling , indulgent mess.

What I'm saying is since The Beatles sat down and structured it, and it soudns random, then The Beatles mush have intentionally made it sound random.

Simple logic
What filler?

nice trips. just out of curiosity which songs do you consider filler?

But what's your source on why they made it sound random? There should've been a reason as to why they did that, when they're other albums are pretty structured, right? Why is the white album random?
Look I like the album, and you do too, but I think you're giving it a little too much credit

OP they are doing it, I pretty sure it has been confirmed, scratch that, it has been confirmed

express.co.uk/entertainment/music/806305/The-Beatles-White-Album-50th-anniversary-George-Martin

Hi, I'm Paul McCartney. Yeah we intended it to be random you fag

Paul, this is Ringo
Get off of Sup Forums you retard and go get another wife who'll suck all the money out of you, you pathetic loser

you absolute beauty user, thanks for posting this. I have a reason to live

>But what's your source on why they made it sound random?
I believe it was talked about in Mark Lewisohn's Beatles Recording Sessions
>There should've been a reason as to why they did that, when they're other albums are pretty structured, right?
You mean the thought of "Hey let's make this album sound different than the others" isn't a reasonable thought?
>Why is the white album random?
Why not? It sounds great as it is.
This is wrong. Don't believe it.

No probs mate :)

How is it wrong, do you have a conflicting source?

twitter.com/mashupmartin/status/865115257647370240?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://wror.com/2017/05/22/update-plans-beatles-white-album-reissue/
Giles Martin tweeted this, which caused people to believe the news was misreported. But the way he says "I promise" sounds mischievous and as if he is, indeed, remixing it.

>lso don't try to tell me the White Album isn't the best Beatles because I'm right

it's easily their worst. second disc in particular is completely filler.

Where was the hype for Rubber Soul & Revolver? The two albums where they actually tried new things and discovered the sound that all of these latter-day meme albums refined and re-tread?

>do you have a conflicting source?
Yeah, the actual interview with Giles. He didn't say that the White Album would be the next box set/remix release. He was comparing the methods of how The Beatles recorded Sgt Pepper to the album they would record next, The White Album. Stupid news media misquoted him saying it would be the next release (now), rather then the next release (then).

Giles later clarified on twitter, look it up.

Ob la Di
Back in the USSR
Bungalow Bill
Piggies
Rocky Raccoon
Why Don't We Do It in the Road
Wild Honey Pie
Don't Pass Me By
Cry Baby Cry

desu i just want them to release the damn thing

To be fair, that was in May, it may well be very different now

It may very well be not.

Giles got a really good response from the Sgt Pepper release, so I'm hoping he's enthused to do more, even if it's just Abbey Road when the time comes

they didn't for Rubber Soul or Revolver, so I doubt it

Abbey Road probably will get something special though

Ahh, I see did he say, that "the White Album is the next album that the beatles made after Sgt Pepper",
not that "he will be working on it after Sgt Pepper"

Honestly, I think the guys at Apple will be all for another big remix, because of the great public attitude towards the Sgt Pepper stuff. To be honest though, I'd prefer a white album remix, although I wouldn't complain abour Abbey Road.

White Album is the best Beatles album if you delete Revolution 9 and Good Night

This guy is a fucking idiot but he raises a point for these remixes... Why'd did all the other albums not get remix/box sets, but only Pepper? Magical Mystery Tour already had one, White will be skipped if they skipped Revolver, Yellow Submarine already had one, Let It Be will never see the light of day unless Paul dies... Only Abbey Road is left.
Yep you got it.

Honestly, does the White Album really need a remix? It sounds pretty great as it is, that's when The Beatles started using 8-tracks and stopped with the bouncing nonsense

I would hate to be the poor bastard that has to remix the White Album.

I would love to be that guy