So Sup Forums my grandpa died yesterday, my family is devastated. Why don't I feel nothing at all...

So Sup Forums my grandpa died yesterday, my family is devastated. Why don't I feel nothing at all? I mean I didn't hate the old man, in fact I really respected him, he was a great man. But I didn't feel any sincere emotion. I feel like a robot that learned to behave like a human, just wearing a frown so I don't feel out of place. why can't i shed a single sincere tear? Why don't I feel sad? Am I some kind is sociopath? Psychopath? Aspie? Autistic? Asocial? What the fuck is wrong with me?

>Inb4 edgy teenager

Everyone mourns in their own way. Your subconscious has triggered a self defense mechanism to help you deal. Dont worry about it, douchebag.

You just sound like you are unable to care. Or feel emotion in general. Chemical imbalance maybe.

he's right. I did the same thing. Even made a joke about how heavy his coffin was because I, personally, use humor to cope. You're fine.

Fucking shed a single tear lol. All seriousness though, its hard to be sympathetic to people you don't emotionally hold dear to. You're not jacked up my boy, you just didn't care enough for the man to become emotional when he died, plain and simple. The fact that you reflected on the event of not being emotional at the time shows a lot more than you think. You care that you didn't care enough I guess you would say, and that shows some level of common feeling.
TLDR: your not crazy for not breaking down in tears over someone's death.

I'm not going to attempt to diagnose you with only that info. There is a whole spectrum of sociopathic behaviour and maybe you have some of those traits. You're obviously concerned with the way you feel.

Fact is the old man would be proud, keep on truckin and you'll garner the same respect he did.

can cats even drink out of straws?

How old was he and how often did you spend time with him? I didn't feel anything when my great grandma pasts but I felt she lived a full life and never really bonded with her growing up, even though she was a great person. Just cuase it's family doesn't mean you have to be emotionally attached

Shhh dont be so insensitive. Hes trying.

I didn't show emotion when my grandpa died. In fact, I showed no emtion at all for quite some time. I was too like a robot. Except for me it was more like a puppet. Felt like I was doing shit just because it was socially normal, and I never felt like I did it for myself. Took me a while to get back to normal. Hopefully, you'll be alright.

It's not uncommon. I have a weird way of dealing with death too. I do whatever I can to make the people around me happy and drunk and feeling good about life, to celebrate and honor the dead. I had a friend I knew since birth who died and I wasn't sad, I was incredibly proud of him. Him and his life and the impact he made on so many people.

I'd probably be sad of a friend died who didn't live up to their potential, but I probably wouldn't cry. I'd still be proud of them for their hard work and the fact that they tried. The only times so.eone close to me has died and I felt anything else is if people killed themselves. I've had friends leave that way. It makes me very disappointed in them, especially when they leave behind kids or a loving family or something.

It feels weird, like I should cry, but part of me feels like the last time I cried over something I subconsciously knew it'd be the last time I cried. Is that some sort of emotional damage or something? Weird.

Anyways my point is, don't feel guilty for your feelings and the way you chose to mourn or honor the fallen.

You think so? I mean today at work it felt like a normal day, joking and talking to the coworkers like everyday, I could easily talk about my grandad like small talk and whatever
The thing is I feel emotionally disattached to the bast majority of the people I know, I really don't want to sound edgy and shit but that's the truth, this grandad situation just made me aware of it, because I spent a lot of time with him during my childhood

Honestly this shit scares me

everyone mourns their own way, just be honest with yourself and your emotions, oh and try not to be a douche with the rest of your family they are also coping with the loss their own way

I wouldn't worry too much unless you are some kind of manipulative sociopath to people around you.

I've had plenty of relatives die and never really cared all that much. The death of my cat really fucked me up and I still haven't completely got over it. Things just affect ppl in different ways.

I majored in psychology from the university of dallas. It is a coping mechanism. Dont worry about it. No matter how much your edgy self want it, youre not a psychoth. Youre just a regular guy like us with inner emotional walls automatically propped up to deal with trauma. Maybe sadness for grams will hit you in a week, or a year, or whatever time it takes for you to make amends with what happened.

your only scared of your own insecurities

I suffered some depression last year, and life is not doing great right now, is it possible that I just suppressed my feelings? How can a reverse that? I just really feel like inside a wall

You're still in emergency mode. You'll feel it later. My condolences.

user, I'm not a professional but will some day be entering a profession where grief counciling will be involved. What I can offer you is that what you are and aren't feeling is normal. We all respond differently; some very expressively and others quietly. In your case your lack of feeling could be that you have a strong coping mechanism or a tight grip on your feelings. If not that then perhaps the reality of the loss hasn't sunken in yet, and you may pick up on it later. In any case, you're normal and functioning fine, just be there for your family and especially yourself. It's ok to cry, but it's ok not to either. Good luck, OP.

plz do somthing more projciutcve thanks